• Show
Clear All

mighty fine.
    brink vertical charcoal(the carp)
    18" old smokey charcoal grill/smoker
    cast iron Hibachi
    22" Kettle w/ "Smoke-EZ" styled riser extension
    & rotisserator
    12x7 wells cargo vending trailer(mods in progress)
    stuffer,slicer & more carp than i can fit in it...
    Marshall amps & various awesome guitars,drums,P.A.,etc.recording studio.....

Blues-N-Cues Concessions & Catering
    http://blues-n-cuesbbq.com/
    my music recordings-
    http://www.reverbnation.com/rlcltd

Comment

Looks wonderful. I am going to have to try that olive oil garlic thing. My wife will go nuts over it. How long do you usually put them on the smoker?
      Propane Smoke Shack
      UDS
      Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain
      sigpic

Comment

That's a great looking hunk o meat Adam. We have a grocery store here that periodicall sells whole strips for $2.99 lb. I never thought about doing a big chunk of one in the smoker. I'm gonna have to jump on one of them and do half med rare and leave the other half in to pull. If it works out good, I may just do a whole one to pull for a grad open house I gotta cook for this Spring.

Comment

THis is probably a dumb question, but I have to ask;
          Is that cut with the grain, not across? Am I seeing that right?
          If so, do you do that with more tender cuts?
          If that is across the grain I have no idea what I am looking at.
          "And I SWORE I would not read, much less post in that thread, dammit!

Comment

Originally posted by WALLE View Post
            DANG WuTANG! You knocked that one outta the park. Awesome idea with the garlic/olive oil - some good galric and infused oil for future whatever!

That chunk of strip just makes me ....
            My wife told me to save the oil for future use for that very reason.

Originally posted by rbranstner View Post
            Looks wonderful. I am going to have to try that olive oil garlic thing. My wife will go nuts over it. How long do you usually put them on the smoker?
            45 min to an hour is plenty.

Originally posted by MichChef View Post
            That's a great looking hunk o meat Adam. We have a grocery store here that periodicall sells whole strips for $2.99 lb. I never thought about doing a big chunk of one in the smoker. I'm gonna have to jump on one of them and do half med rare and leave the other half in to pull. If it works out good, I may just do a whole one to pull for a grad open house I gotta cook for this Spring.
            Not sure how well it will work for pulled beef, as far as connective tissue to break down and all that. But no reason not to try if you can find one on sale.

Originally posted by moselle View Post
            THis is probably a dumb question, but I have to ask;
            Is that cut with the grain, not across? Am I seeing that right?
            If so, do you do that with more tender cuts?
            If that is across the grain I have no idea what I am looking at.
            I honestly didn't look to close first. I put the roast on the cutting board in the same position as if I were gonna slice it into steaks...but then turned the knife to about a 45 degree angle and sliced on a bias instead of straight down through. Because of the cut it was plenty tender but I may try a different approach next time.
            KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

Working...
            X