Making Your Own BBQ Tube Videos...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making Your Own BBQ Tube Videos...

If this is going to work. I think we need to get some of you guys comfortable on making videos and not break the bank...

I have been doing a little research on this and feel everyone can afford to do this is some extent..

Yes, our buddy Rob is TopGun around here on making video.. So He does not know it yet but as of today I will be making him and Administrator to Smoked-Meat and The BBQ Tube.. Hopefully he will accept and help you guys out..

Also time goes I will be posting some information on this (I'm no expert) but I feel from all that I have read, we will do just fine..

Baby Steps...

Thanks Guys & Gals... You Rock!!!
    Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

This is gonna be kool... thanks boss!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Thanks for da headsup sir. Good call. I guess that's why yer the boss.

And..I guess I DO have access to quality vid. I just need a vidiographer, because I can't seem to stay in the frame
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Too bad my old $2500.00 Sony 8mm cassette wasn't digital. I'd have to copy to a disc first I think. And my el-cheapo kodak only records maybe a minute, but would be good to learn on ( lots can happen in a minute ) I've been thinkin I should get new one just to capture some of these rare moments with the grandkids.

Comment

My only concern is upload size. Where You tube and some other sites excel is in conversion. It can be done by the person doing the upload local and then sent to the site. I am not sure that the tech aspects will suit everyone and may I suggest a tutorial? Getting most on the same page in the beginning will simplify matters down the road. I know that video along with sound can turn into huge files quickly, adding high definition will make them even larger. And btw, you spelled software incorrectly in the title... Anything I can do to help let me know.

The attached images show a video and sound clip about 10 minutes in length. Notice the first is 3.3 GB !
          After conversion, its 26 MB !

Not sure if what you have setup for the inner workings does convert but given my example there would be massive upload times and timeouts. Just curious really.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by THE__DRIFTER; 04-06-2011, 09:47 PM. Reason: Adding images

Comment

Originally posted by THE__DRIFTER View Post
            And btw, you spelled software incorrectly in the title... Anything I can do to help let me know.

Oops.. Damn sure did..
            Ken

Comment

Its a great idea Ken, and I know plenty of peeps here already have the where with all and can teach the rest of us that are technically challenged.. like Drifter for example... its all Greek to me..

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Very cool Ken

Comment

let's DO this! i've never made a BBQ video before, but just about pulled the handi-cam out last night for the cheese smoke... the TBS was PERFECT!

Later,
                  Andy
                  Current babies:
                  -Daughter's 10"x24" RF smoker
                  -RichTee's Lang :)
                  Former Lineup:
                  -Charbroil Santa Fe grill
                  -1954'ish Philco fridge smoker
                  -1950's GE electric fridge smoker in progress (Went to WuTang and will probably never be completed. lol)
                  -enough beer to drown any problem/ailment you may encounter

"if you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough"
                  BTW, U of M sucks, Go Big Red! I have bragging rights to 2018!

Comment

I love the site, but I set up an account, and when I go to login, it says I have the wrong password, even if I ask for a new password, and type in that one.

GOSM
                    K.C.B.S Member # 60786
                    Digital Thermometers
                    Hybrid Kenmore grill 1/2 charcoal 1/2 gas
                    140 lb English Mastiff/ American Bulldog, she is my taste tester and BBQ companion.

Comment

thanks ken i think im ready to rock
                      Mike
                      Oklahoma City
                      22.5 Generic (gettin ready to be dismantle for the Drum) Kettle Grill
                      Weber 22.5 Performer
                      GOSM 3405gw
                      Boomer Sooner Drum
                      Maverick ET-732
                      Various Cast Iron Skillets and Dutch Ovens
                      A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

Comment

Im up for it as long as the folks here are good with it. Having folks take their BBQ to video will only make this forum even better. It will allso make folks hungry!
                        Smoke it.. and they will come!

Rob
                        Recipes & Smokes in HD Video
                        SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
                        Yoder Wichita
                        Arizona BBQ Outfitters Scottsdale
                        Camp Chef FTG600 Flat Top Griddle
                        Blackstone 22" Flat Top Griddle

Comment

nevermind... I figured it out. :)
                          Last edited by PitRow; 04-12-2011, 01:20 PM.
                          Mike
                          Life In Pit Row

Comment

Re:

Yeah, I'm new here but would like to be part of this. Could this evolve where a group may come out of it ?

By the way, I notice Cisco is dropping the company they owned that made the "Flip" cam corder. So if you keep you eyes open you may find some deals on them when WalMart starts dumping their inventory. Flip has been quite successful in the past, and many companies have copied their cam corders after it.

This could be an inexpensive entry level for the beginners who would want to
                            serve at cook off's to document the activities. They could document their own progress as they build their projects, or learn to prepare meat, fish, fowl, or other food items. It would certainly extend the usefulness of this site.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc1URQgQWNo

Comment

I thought I read somewhere Cisco was nixing the flip video cam.. Not saying not to buy one.. In fact if that is what I read I would encourage to buy one.. They would be really inexpensive for some of the guys here getting there feet wet..
                              Ken

Comment

Working...
                              X