No announcement yet.

Lilikoi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mahalos for the welcome! I am on Oahu in the Honolulu area. Likelike always gets people, my cousin from the mainland couldn't comprehend it which of course my brother and I thought was funny as heck.

Can lilikoi be found up there so you can experiment with it Oz?

Comment

Welcome to Smoked-Meat Keoni :{) I wish I was there right now. BADLY.
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Keoni View Post
        ...Can lilikoi be found up there so you can experiment with it Oz?
        When I lived down in the valley (Phoenix/Scottsdale), I would find it occasionally. Papayas and guavas were a bit easier to find. But I'm up in Flagstaff now. Lots of mangoes available up here, but that's about it.

I hope L20A has better access.
        Yoder YS640, Weber Performer Platinum, Weber OTG, Weber Q220, Traeger BBQ125 Executive
        ThunderDome Vortex, Smokenator 1000, GrillGrates, A-Maze-N Tube Smoker (6" & 12")
        Weed Dragon Torch with Squeeze Valve (VT2-23SVC), Looftlighter, BernzOmatic High Intensity Torch Head (TS8000)
        Tappecue, Maverick ET-732 (x2), Maverick PT-100

SousVide Supreme, VacMaster VP112 (chamber), VacMaster Pro305 (suction)

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
          I live in Kansas...

I see it at the grocery store every now and then. Maybe I'll give it a try.
          Weber Smoky Joe
          18" Weber Silver
          22.5" Weber Gold
          22.5" Weber Silver
          UDS X 2
          Masterbuilt 30" MES digital
          Masterbuilt MES 40" digital
          Masterbuilt cold smoke attachment
          Char-Broil Big Easy 3 in 1
          Char-Broil COS with Ron Fischer mods.
          Dual Char-Broil BBQ Bistros
          Blackstone three burner flat top
          5" AMZNPS
          Vortex x 2
          Maverick ET 73
          Maverick ET 732
          Maverick Pro Temp instant read thermometer
          Thermo Works Smoke Dual Channel Thermometer
          Pitmaster iQue 110
          sigpic

Comment

I checked some of my local grocers today & nothing. I found it on Ebay but with shipping that will be my last resort. I might get my friends in Hawaii to pack a flat rate box with as much as will fit & send it to me. Should be the best shipping value. I will check some specialty stores tomorrow. BTW, I am looking for the jam or preserves or juice, not fresh fruit.
            MES 30"
            A-Maze-N pellet smoker
            Weber 22" kettle
            E-Z-Que rotisserie
            Weber Smokey Joe
            Big Weber Gasser
            Cracker Smoker
            UDS

Comment

Originally posted by L20A View Post
              I checked some of my local grocers today & nothing. I found it on Ebay but with shipping that will be my last resort. I might get my friends in Hawaii to pack a flat rate box with as much as will fit & send it to me. Should be the best shipping value. I will check some specialty stores tomorrow. BTW, I am looking for the jam or preserves or juice, not fresh fruit.
              I do that sort of thing for family and friends. I'll be taking a suit case load of stuff to the mainland for the friends and family we are visiting lol. It's even better when you know someone who makes Lilikoi butter!

Comment

Working...
              X