No announcement yet.

Flat Iron Steak with fixings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have not had a flat-iron steak and I dont doubt that it's good BUT...you'd put it up against a ribeye any day?? The ribeye is my favorite. Guess I'm gonna have to find a flat iron steak

Comment

Good old flat iron.Nice post.
      Keith

Comment

Nice job Steve , you don't need to sell me on a flat iron.

Bassman, go to King Soopers and order them. They carry them everyday on this side of the moutain. Since they're ealready in the system, it should be simple to get them there.
        Pete
        Large BGE
        Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

Originally posted by Abelman View Post
          Nice job Steve , you don't need to sell me on a flat iron.

Bassman, go to King Soopers and order them. They carry them everyday on this side of the moutain. Since they're ealready in the system, it should be simple to get them there.
          Thanks, Pete. I haven't checked with City Market (western slope King Soopers). I'll take a drive today and look there.
          sigpic
          Smoke Vault 24

Comment

You won't be sorry if you do.

Comment

I just returned from Albertson's and while there guess what I saw? Flat iron steak! I'll be damned if I give them $4.99 a pound when I can catch ribeye on sale for that price. At least I know they have them here from time to time.
              sigpic
              Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
                I just returned from Albertson's and while there guess what I saw? Flat iron steak! I'll be damned if I give them $4.99 a pound when I can catch ribeye on sale for that price. At least I know they have them here from time to time.

Once you try a flat iron, you will EAT those words..........

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Comment

You may be right WD! Is that price high for that cut or should I wait for a sale?
                  sigpic
                  Smoke Vault 24

Comment

4.99/lb around here, its on sale..........but i can't believe you got RIBEYES for 4.99/lb.........they run about 8-9 bux a lb around here

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
                      You may be right WD! Is that price high for that cut or should I wait for a sale?
                      BM, WD is right. At that price, it might be on sale already as I pay a $1 more per lb around here. I know it may not look like much but it is the best steak I have ever eaten and I don't mind paying $5.99 lb.

Looks can be deceiving but don't let this one fool you. Search under my name as I have done a couple/few threads on flat irons. It may give you some ideas.
                      Pete
                      Large BGE
                      Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

I have only had one, and where the heck do they come up with name as FLAT IRON STEAK Anyway? I thought it was a excellent cut.

QUOTE=Abelman;51752]BM, WD is right. At that price, it might be on sale already as I pay a $1 more per lb around here. I know it may not look like much but it is the best steak I have ever eaten and I don't mind paying $5.99 lb.

Looks can be deceiving but don't let this one fool you. Search under my name as I have done a couple/few threads on flat irons. It may give you some ideas.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                          VERY cool Okie... now that leftover hunk... a stuffed rolled roast perhaps? Yeah you could just cook to pull...but would it make a good roller?
                          There really isn't anything left over but the seam tissue. Maybe some of you have seen the top blade crosscut and sold as petite steak or charcoal steak, even sometimes patio steak. If you have, the seam in the middle is umisteakable (pun intended). the bulk of the seam tissue renders to gelatin if you cook it well done, but not at medium or medium rare, and IMHO, this little tidbit deserves to be pink. Right Steve?

Originally posted by DINGLE View Post
                          I have not had a flat-iron steak and I dont doubt that it's good BUT...you'd put it up against a ribeye any day?? The ribeye is my favorite. Guess I'm gonna have to find a flat iron steak
                          Two totally different cuts and textures. I wouldn't put it up against ribeye, but then, I wouldn;t put ribeye up against it. The marbling is totally different as well as the muscle fiber. You can't cut it as thick as a ribeye either. You really just need to buy some and cook it. It will tell you what to do with it after a cook or two.

IMHO once again, about the only thing that makes better fajitas is hanger steak. I haven't used skirt or flank for fajitas since discovering these two excellent cuts of beef.

BTW, the last to blade I bought was under $2.00/lb., and if I'd had time, they would've separated the halves for me as well. I bought about 20#

Comment

Originally posted by SmokyOkie View Post
                            and IMHO, this little tidbit deserves to be pink. Right Steve?
                            yeap..........was great.........but i can see where taking this to a higher temp to get rid of the connective tissue woul'dt be bad either. But all in all, no matter how you cook this.......you will come back.

thankx for the heads up on the top blade "ROAST, i assume you are talking about" for that price.........kinda like buying a packer is cheaper, even if you want just the flat, then buying the flat seperate.

Comment

Looks great, Dude! I love flat irons!!
                              Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
                              Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
                              1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
                              Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
                              Weber Smokey Joe
                              Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
                              Pink Thermapen
                              Purple Thermapen

Comment

Originally posted by SmokinLee View Post
                                I have only had one, and where the heck do they come up with name as FLAT IRON STEAK Anyway? I thought it was a excellent cut.
                                They call it a flat iron because it is shaped like the bottom of a flat iron.

Originally posted by Walking Dude View Post
                                yeap..........was great.........but i can see where taking this to a higher temp to get rid of the connective tissue woul'dt be bad either. But all in all, no matter how you cook this.......you will come back.

thankx for the heads up on the top blade "ROAST, i assume you are talking about" for that price.........kinda like buying a packer is cheaper, even if you want just the flat, then buying the flat seperate.
                                Sorry so slow to respond Steve, been kinda busy.

Yeah it is kinda the same except that with the top blade, you get two mirror image flat irons, one from each side of the seam.

Comment

Working...
                                X