Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

main ingredient = LARD

DS
    Desert Storm Vet - USS Midway CV41 - decom crew.
    1930 Fridge Build
    MES 30" With Mailbox Mod
    Therma Pen
    Maverick 732
    Mini Therma Pen
    Frog Mats
    Weber Junior
    AMPS & AMPTS

Comment

Originally posted by fishermanlawncare View Post
      You are leaving off the most important step. While cooking you got to stop what you are doing about 4 to 5 times and solve whatever the kids are doing. whether it's to tie a shoelace break up a fight or just to yell and say quit doing that. Once you master that part your chops will be a lot closer to what mom made than not.
      There is that!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

My Mom always blotted and dried them very well, because she was afraid any surface blood would be unhealthy. Then they got shaken in a paper bag with seasoned flour. Dropped into hot cast iron skillet, with a little bacon grease, theyalways crisped up nice.
        She taught me to slash the edge fat every few inches around the chop, so they wouldn't curl up in the pan. I think the extra fat that was rendered by the slashes helped crisp the edges. Ummmm.... I believe there's some pork chops, angel biscuits, and gravy gonna be made for dinner tomorrow !
        Last edited by siege; 03-15-2016, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Conumdrum View Post
          Mom (bless her she has passed long ago) used to make pork chops as all great moms did. Standard thin (1/2") with the bone and fat. They were always juicy and had those great little crunchies along the edges, they kinda ran off the meat as it cooked and were awesome. Kinda like old style Long John Silvers fish. I have tried using a CI skillet more than a few times and I can never achieve the little crunchies. I have tried extra egg, double dipping in seasoned flour, hot to start and turn down temp etc.

What's the secret to perfect Mom pork chops?
          Deep fryer. I toss em in a bag with House Autry Seasoned Mix and then to the fryer. Gets em nice and crisp and not oily.

Comment

But it doesn't have the little crunchies that roll off the sides. It's not how my mom did it.

Thanks, but no help. They were done in a cast iron pan with 1/4" of oil. You just never had the crunchies like I did I guess.

Comment

Working...
            X