Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SWBEFPB.......southwestern........burnt......ends. ....from.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWBEFPB.......southwestern........burnt......ends. ....from.......

PORK BELLY!!!

awhile back dan (of the "McG" clan) had asked me about belly burnt ends but without a smoker......well, i almost got there but as usual....i got side tracked. i was at U.S. Food's "Chef's Store" (sorta like rest-depot but bigger and cleaner) and i saw a couple of bellies that were skinned and marked down for $20 each so i picked them up and went into work.

made a sauce for braising outta tomatoes, green chilis, onion, garlic, cilantro and a can of chipotles...blended them all up..

then i made a rub for the belly and then seared it both sides on a very hot grill....

then after 10 min in the freezer to firm it up, i made 1'' cubes.....

and then gave them a light dusting of more spice before gong into a 350 oven ......

after about an hour......the smell is ridiculous.......

sauced, covered and back into the oven for 'bout 90-120 minutes or so.....

after all is said and done...........

the wait wasn't easy but well worth it.....

well dan, it isn't what we talked about but the process will definitely work..............and didn't i say i got 2 bellies!

as usual...thx for stoppin' by...........
    Last edited by chefrob; 03-20-2019, 12:15 AM.
    sigpic
    it's all good my friend..........

Uh, ummmmm, yes! I want all of them....
    Beauty Rob!

I think we also need "Flavor Taste Vision" or similar ..... that's gotta rock Very Nice
    sigpic

Comment

thx FTV-daddy..........didn't get too much done today with that, mtgs and ordering.........
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chefrob View Post
        PORK BELLY!!!
        i was at U.S. Food's "Chef's Store" (sorta like rest-depot but bigger and cleaner) and i saw a couple of bellies that were skinned and marked down for $20 each so i picked them up and went into work.

after about an hour......the smell is ridiculous.......
        You survived your venture into their walk-in??? Or were you wearing your parka & mukluks???

Anyway, that looks amazing, Rob...
        for you, my friend...

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
        Paul

Comment

That looks crazy good Rob, Thanks for sharing it.
          I made a batch like we talked about and they were good... but yours look and sound much better.
          sigpic

Comment

That looks outrageously good Rob!
            sigpic
            Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Wow! !!! That looks great and had to taste awesome!!
              Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
              Yoder YS640
              Weber Genesis
              Weber 18.5" Kettle
              Weber Performer
              Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Rob, that looks amazing!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

FANTASTIC!
                  I could take a bowl of that braising sauce and a spoon...I could be happy...
                  Craig
                  sigpic

Comment

Those HAD to be good.

Outside-the-box
                    Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
                    My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
                    @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by DanMcG View Post
                      That looks crazy good Rob, Thanks for sharing it.
                      I made a batch like we talked about and they were good... but yours look and sound much better.
                      did you think it was better than the cured slab and was it more tender? i still need to try the bbq version.......maybe today or tomorrow depending on how much i get done at work.

thx everyone for the ......i would have never thought of this if it weren't for dan even asking me the question on a method..........so thx dan for spinnin' my wheels..........
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by THE ICEMAN View Post
                        You survived your venture into their walk-in??
                        trust me it was a quick trot...............
                        sigpic

Comment

Damn that looks fantastic. I'd tear some of that up fo' sho'!

Tell us more about the US Foods Chef Store. Turns out there is one close to me (RD is a HIKE and in a really bad neighborhood...they now have armed guards as there have been several homicides there including a bread delivery guy). Wouldn't mind switching places.
                          BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
                          Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
                          I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Ohhhh the joy of smellvision! Right Nice Chef, thinkin the one in me freezer might just meet a similar fate`!
                            Mark
                            sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                            Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Originally posted by BBQ Engineer View Post
                              Damn that looks fantastic. I'd tear some of that up fo' sho'!

Tell us more about the US Foods Chef Store. Turns out there is one close to me (RD is a HIKE and in a really bad neighborhood...they now have armed guards as there have been several homicides there including a bread delivery guy). Wouldn't mind switching places.
                              it's a no brainer........you need a membership card but all that it takes is to go to the front desk and ask, no tax id #, no business, no fees no nuthin'. like i said (for me) it's bigger, better and cleaner and they have more SKU#'s and they can also order equipment that is not in stock. i will say Rest-Depot is a little cheaper but i can get in and out covering 10x's more area a lot quicker. if you have not checked it out you certainly should........i'd be interested on how your location is. if you look up your location on google maps there is usually an interactive store tour..........
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X