Polish Sausage and Kraut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
    Now if you want a real treat, grill some brats, them simmer them in kraut juice, beer, and onion, on the grill, them take them out and put them back on the grill to crisp up a little.
    Then pile the kraut and onions on the brat. That's what I was going to do first. After eating a fatty of erain's with the kraut in, I may make a fatty with the brats I've got in the freezer. Decisions...decisions.....
    S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
    CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
    New Braunfels Bandera
    UniFlame Gas Grill
    Lil Chief

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
      also what about the sausage recipe - is there a post I missed on that ?
      No post. It was just an LEM brand mix that I stuffed into some hog casings. Nothing special.
      S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
      CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
      New Braunfels Bandera
      UniFlame Gas Grill
      Lil Chief

Comment

Well as it would be last night my wife offered to bring a dish pass then turned her head and said what am I making. I said you will be making saurkraut and polish sausage. See that what I will bring then she told her brother. While I am grilling brats, polish sausage, hot dogs, and hamburgers with pepper jack cheese mixed in. If it wasn't for her giving my home made sausage away my freezer would be full. Anyways back to the saurkraut. I bought some nathans suarkraut just to have on for brats and what not. So decided to toss a bag into the slow cooker and added my polish sausage (ryteks recipe). So after a couple of hours come back for a taste test. OMG it was tasteless. I got to make a quick fix we is leaving in an hour. Got out the kosher salt and started mixing and tasting, hmmmm not helping grabbed the apple cider vinegar and wallllllllawwwwwww we have saurkraut again. Well the family from Arizona thought it was just best they ever had. Then to find out there brother has a pecan farm so they said they will ship me some pecan wood. So all in all it was a good day after all.
        Last edited by JustSmoke2; 06-24-2009, 11:18 PM. Reason: missing a few words lol
        If You Can Not Stand Behind Our Troops,
        Please Feel Free To Stand In Front Of Them

Comment

Then to find out there brother has a pecan farm so they said they will ship me some pecan wood.
          Hell tell him to just send branches and leave the nuts attached :-)
          Smoked pecans are really good !
          Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
          Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Working...
          X