Introducing Smokey-Dokeys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing Smokey-Dokeys

Here's a real simple way to use some of those banana or other peppers in the bumper crop this year -- my Smokey-Dokeys!

Slice the pepper lengthwise, clean it out, sprinkle rub or seasoning in it, add a couple cocktail smokies, and sprinkle sharp cheddar cheese over it. If -- like me -- you are using up the last few smokies and run out, just use the rub/seasoning and cheese. Cook over indirect heat. It doesn't take long. If there is meat on the grill, at the first flip, add the Smokey-Dokeys, and they will be done when the second side is done.

The one with two smokies in it is the way they really all should look in a perfect world...

They sure went great with a garlic and oregano-laced Certified Angus burger with a touch of steak sauce on the buns, and from the wifie's garden, a slice of tomato and homemade dill slices. And an adult beverage favored by the President! Mmmm!

I like it.... Looks great!

My naner peppers are booming... I need to harvest some this evening when I get home...

I just may make some Smokey Dokeys as well..
    Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Thanks, pardner! You'll like 'em! I have a commute home and don't get off work until 5 p.m., so by the time I hit the farm and do my feeding chores, I have to have something in mind to cook that's quick. This meal fit the bill! It took 1:10 from lighting the coals to the first bite.

Now tonight, my neighbor is bringing over four steaks he was gonna marinade the heck outta, until I told him not to. Instead we'll be using a little ol rub outta Garland, Texas, on them.

Comment

Aw Man! And I didn't plant any banana peppers this year because we didn't use many last year. Never did get around to canning any with kraut.

The only peppers that I'm growing this year that are big enough to fit a Smoky in are Bells, Red Peters and Jalapeños. Bells would be too boring (no heat) so it looks like I'll be trying this with the other two as soon as they start ripenin'.

Thanks!

Comment

Jimbob, those look yummy, gonna have to start a new to do list for the bbq grill, right to the top! YUM!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Originally posted by MichChef View Post
            The only peppers that I'm growing this year that are big enough to fit a Smoky in are Bells, Red Peters and Jalapeños. Bells would be too boring (no heat) so it looks like I'll be trying this with the other two as soon as they start ripenin'.

Thanks!
            We'll be using japs tonight, since my neighbor got ahold of a Smokey-Dokey and proceeded to go nuts picking peppers for me to make more!

Comment

I went out and picked of few of the ripe ones...

Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Man...them doofer's look good!
                Sunset Eagle Aviation
                https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Well, I AM growing some Bhut Jolokias too, but I've never grown them before so I don't know how big they get. From what I've read though, only the insane would eat them. What does that say about me?

Comment

With post's like these its no wonder I'm fat
                    2-22.5'' weber
                    1-18'' weber
                    1 smokey joe
                    22.5'' wsm
                    24'' smoke vault
                    1-outhouse
                    Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
                    Smoked meathead #135

Comment

Those look pretty good, i may have to try them next time i have a day off!

Originally posted by MichChef View Post
                      ... Bhut Jolokias .What does that say about me?
                      Well, it can only say one thing...maybe two. Either you are crazy as a sh*+ house rat, or, have no nerve endings left in your mouth
                      Brian
                      http://www.youtube.com/user/btjohnson83
                      You can follow me on twitter at
                      http://www.twitter.com/btjohnson83

CGSP w/ mods
                      38" Smoke Hollow/early fathers day gift, yay!
                      wally world kettle grill

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
                        I went out and picked of few of the ripe ones...

How'd they turn out???

Comment

Working...
                        X