Blue cheese Lamburgers and jerked chicken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue cheese Lamburgers and jerked chicken

Yesterday was a good day for a little grillin' and some Nascar. We took some lamb stew meat, which is just chunks of boneless lamb. We feed it to the grinder with the larger grinding disc.

The wife makes up some pretty killer blue cheese paste and stuffs these lamburgers. One pattie with the blue cheese , then another to top em. pinch the sides together to seal in the love.

6 of 7 patties are stuffed and complete.

Wrapped in bacon like a present. (to my belly)

This is one of these bad mama jammas cut in half.

This is a photo of the amazing jerked chicken. I marinated these in the dried habeneros and jalapenos the recipe calls for. Marinated for 24 hours in the fridge turning 4 times and relaxed 1 hour before grilling them.
    Vlap, thanks for sharing these! http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2909

The grub a grillin' with some cherry wood chips in the smoke box under the grates.

A bit 'o Nascar on the patio/BBQ area. I installed a satellite connection when I built the station. Boob tube is a must have for good ole shin digs!

Here is the chicken off the grill. We marinated about 30 regular sized drummies and quadrupled the marinade recipe to accommodate these drummies. These are to die for! A very good recipe, but if you are not a pepper head, I suggest using only Jalapenos.

the simple grub plated. Along with the lamburgers and the chicken the wife wedged some taters and deep fried them with some Parmesan cheese and such!
    Thank you for checking out our grillin's!
    Last edited by Uncle-Honky; 07-12-2009, 09:53 AM.
    Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

sigpic

nice job Honky,,,looks great. I'm stopping by tonight, what we having?
    Custom Reverse Flow Smoker, WSM 22", Blackstone Griddle 36"

Comment

Good looking smoke! Lots of pics too, we enjoy that.
      sigpic
      Smoke Vault 24

Comment

sounds & looks awesome!

Comment

It all look's goooood! Watchin racin! with all that food! Nice!
          Sunset Eagle Aviation
          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Don't care for blue cheese much, but you wouldn't have to twist my arm too hard to take a bite of that. Nice!
            S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
            CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
            New Braunfels Bandera
            UniFlame Gas Grill
            Lil Chief

Comment

made something similiar with beef and venison, never really thought to try blue cheese with lamb - have to try it now :-)
              what seasonings did you use in the lamb burger ?
              Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
              Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
                made something similiar with beef and venison, never really thought to try blue cheese with lamb - have to try it now :-)
                what seasonings did you use in the lamb burger ?
                Thank you all for the kind words.
                C.A. we used Kelly's Java rub and some powdered anise on the exterior of the meat only. I normally use a simple Montreal steak seasoning with lamb. It works well.
                Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
                Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Ry,
                  Somehow I missed this the other day... I have been trying to catch up... lol!

Man o man! Those lamburgers look YUMMY!! The blue cheese filing is like to die for... (maybe we can make some of these on Labor day too??)
                  Were the wings as hot as the ones we did on the 4th? I used a reg hab not the dried ones, so I am curious as to the heat level.
                  Did I see Eveready out there watching NASCAR with a cold one??

(Hey maybe we do these at my brothers house? I gotta get that date nailed down)...

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Working...
                  X