Disco Stir Fry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disco Stir Fry

I felt like some doing some disco over the weekend - Nothing to difficult here! Some chicken dusted with some MHGP, frozen veggies, noodles and a couple packets of stir fry seasoning.

I precooked the noodles so I just needed to heat them up and get some flavor on them from the disco.

Easy peasy - a few minutes later, plated and eating. I like quick and simple I would say these seasoning packets lack a bit of flavor - very mild. I had to add some bottled stir fry sauce after I tasted to make the flavor really come out.

The Blackstone is getting double duty! I did use my new wooden spoon - much better than my metal one clanging on the disco during the cook!

Attached Files
    ~ George Burns

sigpic

yes please
    Masterbuilt Stainless Steel 40"
    Weber 22.5" WSM
    Weber Performer W/rotisserie X2
    Weber 22.5" Kettle Silver
    Weber 22.5" Kettle Gold
    Weber 1990 22.5" 3 Wheeler
    Weber 18.5" Kettle
    Weber 18.5" Bud Light Kettle
    Weber Smokey Joe
    GMG Daniel Boone
    Pit Barrel Cooker
    Maverick ET 73 and ET 732
    6X8 A Maze N Smoker and Tube Smoker
    Fastest Themapen on the market BLACK
    The Vortex

Comment

Cool meal. I have to get me one of them spoons......even though my disk still has a hole in the middle.....

I have seen some disks with a 1 inch lip, how do like yours?

Comment

Originally posted by Doug S. View Post
        yes please
        Thanks Doug!

Originally posted by nickelmore View Post
        Cool meal. I have to get me one of them spoons......even though my disk still has a hole in the middle.....

I have seen some disks with a 1 inch lip, how do like yours?
        Thanks Nickelmore. I have never used one with a lip but when I bought mine I looked at those - I assumed that you would need to "scoop" your food out with the lip instead of "pushing" it onto your plate/dish with no lip.
        ~ George Burns

sigpic

Comment

Man I gotta break out the disk soon...
          Craig
          sigpic

Comment

I love a good stirfry from the disco, and yours looks great. When we built mine, we used a 24" disc and put a 2" lip around it. I really like the lip while cooking. It helps prevent food from frying off while flinging it around. It's not an issue getting the food out of the disc when it's time to serve.
            Last edited by zeroghd; 11-05-2017, 02:32 PM.
            Arron W.

YS 640
            Primo Oval XL
            Lone Star Grillz 30x36 cabinet smoker
            Not so Ugly Drum Smoker
            Weber Copper Top
            Old Smokey
            Orion
            Gasser
            2 Sack Crawfish Boiler by R&V Works
            24" Disco with custom burner
            Red Thermapen
            2-Maverick ET-733
            Orange Thermoworks Smoke

R.I.P my little buddy Zazu. 10/4/2020. We miss you.
            sigpic

Comment

Nicely done sir
              sigpic

Comment

That looks fantastic.

I'd love to try one of these things but I just don't know how much use I'd get out of it. They just look like they would be cool to cook on.
                Bored Guy Blog

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                  Man I gotta break out the disk soon...
                  Get to it Smoke

Originally posted by zeroghd View Post
                  I love a good stirfry from the disco, and yours looks great. When we built mine, we used a 24" disc and put a 2" lip around it. I really like the lip while cooking. It helps prevent food from frying off while flinging it around. It's not an issue getting the food out of the disc when it's time to serve.
                  I could see that lip helping keep the food from flying off or getting pushed over the edge
                  Thanks Zero.

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                  Nicely done sir
                  Thanks Fish

Originally posted by Jailer View Post
                  That looks fantastic.

I'd love to try one of these things but I just don't know how much use I'd get out of it. They just look like they would be cool to cook on.
                  Yeah, getting good use out of it is a question - It is nice to have though! I mainly use it for stir fry but I see a lot of other uses you can get out of it.
                  Last edited by Uncle Sauce; 11-05-2017, 03:32 PM.
                  ~ George Burns

sigpic

Comment

Lookit that boy GO! OK... I’m busting out some for that :{)
                    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                      Lookit that boy GO! OK... I’m busting out some for that :{)
                      Hey thanks Rich - appreciate that
                      ~ George Burns

sigpic

Comment

Looks Great, Uncle!!!---

Better use that thing now, before the Farmer wants it back in Spring!!

Bear
                        Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                        Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcarver View Post
                          Looks Great, Uncle!!!---

Better use that thing now, before the Farmer wants it back in Spring!!

Bear
                          Thanks Bear - He was wondering why he was missing one disc
                          ~ George Burns

sigpic

Comment

I just noticed your heat source. Any mods needed to get a round disk to sit on a rectangle burner?

Comment

Originally posted by nickelmore View Post
                              I just noticed your heat source. Any mods needed to get a round disk to sit on a rectangle burner?
                              It actually worked on there with my disc if you wedged it to one side - which somewhat worked but I actually took a scrap piece of overhead cable ladder from work and cut it down to sit down in the Blackstone and ground down some "stabilizer" notches (then spot welded two nipples )...not the prettiest piece but it works ok. The disc now sits about 1-1/2" in - 2" in. over the burner
                              Not sure that makes sense so here is a pic - Don't laugh The best bet would be some small round stock heated & bent in a circle to fit perfectly...

Attached Files
                              ~ George Burns

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X