Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10 Lbs. of Breakfast Sausage, and some BBB...2 great things to do with some fine Butt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 Lbs. of Breakfast Sausage, and some BBB...2 great things to do with some fine Butt

I bought a couple of boneless butts, and I was going to make some breakfast sausage. I decided to do sausage from one and then throw some tender quick at the other for some BBB.

Here we go! For anyone with a new grinder, here is my tip for the day...instead of cutting cubes and stuffing it down the throat of your grinder, cut it into strips and it will self feed, drawn down by the auger.

Here is 10 # of sausage...first grind on the left of the pic, and second grind with spices coming out the grinder

bagged into 1# bags.

Meat Hunter inspired me for this BBB. Thanks Buddy...this is gonna be awesome.

Ready for a nap in the fridge...Don't worry, I won't forget to massage my meat every day!

Hannah the Cowgirl would like to wish eveyone a Merry Christmas.
    BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
    Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
    I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Looking nice! Those strips work great in the grinder.

Uhhhh... I make my wife do the massaging of the meat
    Keith

Comment

Very nice. Well done...
      Custom Reverse Flow Smoker, WSM 22", Blackstone Griddle 36"

Comment

Big 10-4 on the strips Dana and nice job
        Thanks for the reminder gotta drag some bulk breakfast sausage outta the freezer for Christmas breakfast.
        JT

Comment

Oh your gonna be spoiled on the BBB. That stuff ROCKS. Did you ever get a slicer? If not, then you need to tell Mrs.Engineer that you can't cut the bacon until you have one.
          Look forward to seeing the outcome on this, I know its gonna be great.
          https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

Great idea. Ive never seen boneless butts I dont guess....Is easy to debone them though....Great looking start
            RIP!!!Smoke Wagon Victims

Comment

Looks good and cant wait to see the bbb, you reminded me i have a s-load of those 1lb meat chub bags, ill have to see if the vac sealer will work on them and get on me some breakfast sausage soon. Nope those bags wont vacuum but it will seal them so thats cool instead of hog rings and all that.
              Last edited by Pandemonium; 12-25-2010, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Bravo Dana..... Only problem is.... Did'nt see the sausage recipe ..... Ditto on the slices method ..... Nice looking grinder also
                sigpic

Comment

Nice looking sausage, Dana. That bbb should be great too. Looking forward to the report.
                  sigpic
                  Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Great looking stuff brewing there. Can't wait to see the BBB myself. Thats a fine looking heeler dog you got there too! As you might imagine I'm a big fan of cowdogs, aussies, border collies, and heelers. Jiggs is a heeler border collie cross. Apparantly the heeling and pushing has created some internal conflict cause he's just not a good cowdog. Just a good dog.
                    sigpic

Beef. It's whats for dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by BBQ Engineer View Post
                      Here we go! For anyone with a new grinder, here is my tip for the day...instead of cutting cubes and stuffing it down the throat of your grinder, cut it into strips and it will self feed, drawn down by the auger.
                      Not only that, but as you cut it across grain, you'll have little sinew build-up in the grinding head, and a smoother grind on the meat :{)
                      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                        Not only that, but as you cut it across grain, you'll have little sinew build-up in the grinding head, and a smoother grind on the meat :{)
                        Rich...Hadn't given that any thought, but a very logical and helpful tip too! That's the kind of thing that makes this a great resource.
                        BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
                        Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
                        I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Awesome!!

I cut mine into strips as well... makes the job a lot easier.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Working...
                          X