No announcement yet.

Capt's Pizza is now open!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice Job on the new oven. Try making a deep dish in that CI pan sometime!
    Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

Originally posted by IrishChef View Post
      Nice Job on the new oven. Try making a deep dish in that CI pan sometime!
      Oh, I will! I have to keep the temp down arounf 750 for that.

Comment

Nice.. So what hours are you open in case we want to stop by

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
          Sweet... I'll be over before then and bring some brine for you :{) FOR a slice of double pepp,black olive and anchovy
          oh yeah make that two of those

Looks fantastic

Now as you're worried about the nutrition of pizza.
          Check this out
          A Scottish nutritionist has teamed up with an entrepreneur to produce what they claim are the first nutritionally balanced pizzas.

The pizzas are said to contain 30% of an adult's guideline daily amount of vitamins and minerals.

They are also said to have a third of the recommended amount of calories, protein and carbohydrate.

The pizzas were created by Mike Lean, of Glasgow University, and businessman Donnie Maclean.

Prof Lean, of the university's human nutrition department said the idea was born out of frustration.
          Continue reading the main story
          “Start Quote

Each pizza gives a complete meal, with all the nutrients in it”

Donnie Maclean Pizza developer

He said: "If you go along to a supermarket or a restaurant and buy a meal, then somebody should have thought about it nutritionally.

"We've recently studied ready meals produced by the top five supermarkets in Scotland - common foods eaten in huge numbers - and they're hopelessly unbalanced.

"They contain as much salt as you should have in a whole day or more. They contain as much saturated fat as you should have in a whole day or more. The nutrients we need every day are absent from these meals. Nobody has thought about it. So I got together with Donnie to try to do this."
          click link above for full article :-)
          Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
          Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Nice "Grand Opening" Pizzas, Capt!!!

How 'bout a nice sign----"Capt's Pizza"

Bear
            Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
            Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcarver View Post
              Nice "Grand Opening" Pizzas, Capt!!!

How 'bout a nice sign----"Capt's Pizza"

Bear
              I have a 24x20 firefighter helmet shield going on the front of the oven. Should be done next week I hope!

Comment

Originally posted by Capt View Post
                Getting it warmed up, my pointer Waylon on standby:

First pizza I made before everyone arrived, just to make sure I had it down:
                Ryan, that is a kick ass pizza oven. You and your bud definitely have some mad masonry skills....and doing a damn fine job on the pizza side too!

So.... Iron Maiden replica....Pizza Oven.... (Next serious build projects!)

Comment

Mmmmm....great looking pies
                  I'll take one pie with a steak on top please
                  There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X