Homemade Jalapeno Jelly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homemade Jalapeno Jelly

Well with the huge amount of jalapenos that we have this year and being that I do not have any more jalapeno jelly, had some time today to make a few jars.

supplies needed

20 jalapenos
    6 cups sugar
    2 cups cider vinegar
    pectin
    5 drops green food coloring

Pureed the jalapenos with one cup of vinegar, added 2nd cup in put wtih sugar brought to a boil add pectin and boil for 10 minutes and into jars and then 30 minutes in the bath..

Here is what you have after.

a little closer

Should be good for the winter and spring now!

Thanks for looking!!
    Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
    Yoder YS640
    Weber Genesis
    Weber 18.5" Kettle
    Weber Performer
    Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Looks great and thanks for the recipe... gotta get my wife back on here jelly making kick for some of this; I am thinking it would make a great glaze for ribs!
    --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
    www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

Nicely done. I made some last year & only have 1 jar left. Nice glaze on pork
      sigpic

Comment

Looks good. I'll bet that's going to be tasty.
        sigpic
        Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Oh now that would be awesome laid over a brick of cream cheese and then spread onto crackers.
          Propane Smoke Shack
          UDS
          Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain
          sigpic

Comment

beautiful! here are a couple of pix from some that i made a couple of years ago:

i was surprised at how much i loved this stuff - sweet, tart and spicy!
            Fundamentals matter.

Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
            Die Wahrheit wird euch frei machen

Foods of the World Forums - From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, it's all good

BaitShopBoyz.com - Shoot the bull with the boyZ

Comment

I would love to try some of that.
              Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
              My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
              @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Nice looking J-Jelly, Bob!

I've made a lot of jelly, but no jap jelly. Why the 30 minute water bath? Usually it's a rolling boil, pectin, then into a sanitized jar.

Comment

Never made any of that but always sounded interesting, thought I had a box of pectin sitting around but guess not so I'll have to pick some up and give this a try!
                  There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MossyMO View Post
                    Looks great and thanks for the recipe... gotta get my wife back on here jelly making kick for some of this; I am thinking it would make a great glaze for ribs!
                    The best ribs I ever ate were Mesquite smoked and glazed with Jalapeno Jelly!
                    "Because without beer, things do not seem to go as well"

Comment

Originally posted by Hippy View Post
                      The best ribs I ever ate were Mesquite smoked and glazed with Jalapeno Jelly!
                      That sounds pretty interesting.
                      I'll pass on the mesquite and opt for some hickory or cherry (think cherry might go well with the sweet spicy jelly or even orange?) but great idea with the jelly for a glaze!
                      There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

It was a sweet Jalapeno jelly. Like the recipe above. But it had some fresh garlic, cumin, and red pepper flakes in it also.
                        "Because without beer, things do not seem to go as well"

Comment

Had some green pepper jelly myself last night! Yours looks great! Thanks for posting the recipe!
                          David
                          sigpic

Comment

mmm looks great. Gotta try that. Rib glaze sounds great.
                            Trailer mounted custom build
                            Kingsford 754 charcoal smoker/grill

Comment

Working...
                            X