Photobucket.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photobucket.....

So, I've been posting pictures from there here for years. Since the life of this forum and the old one, I have been officially taken hostage by Photobucket.

I suddenly got an email from them telling me I was posting pictures on "third party sites".

Well to fix that, I can pay $400 a year so that my pictures will appear again. Sorry, that's not happening. I guess food pron is big business now.....

So, any picture I posted associated with a recipe is now not available. I apologize but I'm not spending $400 a year to make it work.
    Pete
    Large BGE
    Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Originally posted by Abelman View Post
    So, I've been posting pictures from there here for years. Since the life of this forum and the old one, I have been officially taken hostage by Photobucket.

I suddenly got an email from them telling me I was posting pictures on "third party sites".

Well to fix that, I can pay $400 a year so that my pictures will appear again. Sorry, that's not happening. I guess food pron is big business now.....

So, any picture I posted associated with a recipe is now not available. I apologize but I'm not spending $400 a year to make it work.

Hmmm---That's different than mine.
    PB charges me $29,95 a year, and the next jump I believe is $89.95 a year.
    I gotta find something else before that happens!!!

Bear
    Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
    Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Sounds like a phishing email scamming, I'd tell them to pound sand. Actually I wouldn't even reply to such email.

Comment

I can't stand photophuckit. They used to be good but now they've just turned into money hungry corporate whores. You can't even upload photos to their website without being spammed by a ton of ads. The app is only marginally better. I've been looking for a better solution off and on, but haven't found one yet that's good enough to make me want to go through the hassle of moving all my stuff.
        Mike
        Life In Pit Row

Comment

John this was the first I ever heard about it from them. They sent me an email.

These guys are unreal.....I literally post on all of two sites, period. No way I'm paying that dough but they are holding my pics hostage.

For other more tech savvy folks, what is another free hosting site?
          Pete
          Large BGE

Comment

Originally posted by barleypop View Post
            Sounds like a phishing email scamming, I'd tell them to pound sand. Actually I wouldn't even reply to such email.
            It's not, go look at any of my threads and tell me if you an see the picture, seriously.
            Pete
            Large BGE

Comment

It's happening all over the place not just you. I'm still not convinced that it's legit since not everyone has been effected.

I wonder if their site has been compromised?
              Bored Guy Blog

Comment

It's not, go look at any of my threads and tell me if you an see the picture, seriously.
                Is there a chance you might have been hacked? 400.00 a year I could buy a server on any hosting site and host my own pic serving site. This is on my PB. Testing Testing. BTW I don't pay anything.

Comment

Well, I suspect I haven't been hacked since I have very good security but it's always a possibility.

I'll sit it out until it's resolved.
                  Pete
                  Large BGE

Comment

Seems to me there's a lawsuit waiting to happen there. I've been browsing there sight and there's no mention anywhere about restrictions against linking and embedding on the free accounts, only on the paid accounts. Actually there's no description of free accounts at all so maybe they don't even offer that anymore but anyway...

They still provide you the link and embed code when you view your pictures, implying that you should be able to do it, but when you do they hit you with a "you can't do that unless you pay". I've never seen a terms of service update notification from photobucket that said they were changing this. Though honestly I probably wouldn't have read it anyway. Seems like a bait and switch kind of scam to me.
                    Mike
                    Life In Pit Row

Comment

Well, I suspect I haven't been hacked since I have very good security but it's always a possibility.

I'll sit it out until it's resolved.

Holy #$%^& !!

I just followed one of your missing Pic flags back to PB.

$400 per year is their 500 Gig Plan.
                      You got that many Pics?

I thought mine was Bad!!

Bear
                      Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Comment

Originally posted by Jailer View Post
                        I wonder if their site has been compromised?
                        I did find a lot of broken links and such when trying to research this. Either they've been compromised or it's now being run by amateurs, which wouldn't surprise me either.
                        Mike
                        Life In Pit Row

Comment

Originally posted by PitRow View Post
                          Seems to me there's a lawsuit waiting to happen there. I've been browsing there sight and there's no mention anywhere about restrictions against linking and embedding on the free accounts, only on the paid accounts. Actually there's no description of free accounts at all so maybe they don't even offer that anymore but anyway...

They still provide you the link and embed code when you view your pictures, implying that you should be able to do it, but when you do they hit you with a "you can't do that unless you pay". I've never seen a terms of service update notification from photobucket that said they were changing this. Though honestly I probably wouldn't have read it anyway. Seems like a bait and switch kind of scam to me.

Go to one of pete's pics & click on their Flag thing.
                          It takes you back to their agreement.
                          It says "New Rules as of June 28, 2017.

Bear

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcarver View Post
                            Holy #$%^& !!

I just followed one of your missing Pic flags back to PB.

$400 per year is their 500 Gig Plan.
                            You got that many Pics?

I thought mine was Bad!!

Bear
                            It's not about the size, it's about the fact that they won't allow you to embed pictures in any site unless you buy their biggest package. They want to you link back to their site so they can spam visitors with their millions of popups.
                            Mike
                            Life In Pit Row

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcarver View Post
                              Go to one of pete's pics & click on their Flag thing.
                              It takes you back to their agreement.
                              It says "New Rules as of June 28, 2017.

Bear
                              Shit that's funny. I just clicked on a picture hosted there and get a popup banner at the top that says 'we've updated our terms of service'. That wasn't there just a couple minutes ago!
                              Mike
                              Life In Pit Row

Comment

Working...
                              X