Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Was...... THE BEST..... Thing You Ever Ate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I could only have one meal everyday for the rest of my life it would be my homemade Menudo. Just made a batch and had some for lunch.
    Attached Files

Comment

I never ate anything that was all that great
      Craig
      sigpic

Comment

Bon Appetite...

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
        I never ate anything that was all that great
        Yeah, we know...

Last edited by THE ICEMAN; 07-29-2017, 04:10 AM. Reason: Added goodness

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
        Paul

Comment

Thanks for reminding me I need to smoke some corned beef
          Craig
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by THE ICEMAN View Post
            Thanks for playing our game, please exit stage right...
            lmao - okay I'll go for my Apple and Garlic roast chicken.
            I could probably eat that every day and still enjoy it

Plus you can eat it hot, cold, in other dishes etc
            Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
            Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

I was on trip in Oregon about 20 years ago and stopped to have an adult beverage at a seaside bar in Lincoln city. Met some local folks, and we were talking seafood. They invited me to join them for an evening on the beach. They started a fire, put on a pot of sea water on to boil, then ran their crab traps at low tide and that whole Dungeness crab fresh out of the ocean was the definitely the best thing I've ever eaten.
              Custom backwoods chubby
              Bellfab offset: big and heavy
              Oklahoma Joe's offset
              Really ugly drum
              Bbq guru digi q
              Red thermopen

Comment

Traveled to Paris. Every day had breakfast, lunch and dinner in some of the best restaurants. Really wonderful food.

Two weeks later, we were so over with French food, couldn't bear to look at another French menu anymore. Found a McDonald's and had a Big Mac .

It was the most delicious food I have ever eaten!

dcarch

Comment

Temp duty at Montijo Air Base...(Portugal)...kids were gathering Mussels...run up to the back of this resto...dude handed them money...back with empty buckets to the beach...told me Air Force buds...we eating there...in we go...same dude out back waited on us...he spoke broken english but understood...we want the biggest mussel platters each & all that goes with it...he asked me basically you pay in american dollars...yes sir...there was 8 of us...okay he said 10 dollars each...no 20 dollars each until we are ready to go...birra included...oh my...i was hurting it was so good...we all paid him...then tipped him as well...went back several times he ran folks off to seat us!
                  Sunset Eagle Aviation
                  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

I ponder yet I cannot really nail just 1 down...
                    the smoked dino bones a while back were ridiculously good as was any of many well marbled rib eyes I've had...

but late at night some fresh outta the oven chocolate chip cookies sure rate up top too!!!
                    ~All that is gold does not glitter ~ Not all those that wander are lost~
                    ~20" Yoder "Swiss Army Knife" Stick Burner~

Comment

Hmm . . . was having a tough time with this one. Was thinking about great meals in restaurants or other delicious goodies I've eaten at various places.

And then I remembered this.

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                      The venue and experience is part of the rating/experience, as it should be.
                      Then it was easy. My mom's chocolate chip cookies. As an adult, this would usually mean Christmas time. The whole family was together including my brother who lived far away and generally only made it back once a year. Mom would bake all kinds of stuff for Christmas. She would fill up a roaster pan with baked chocolate chip cookies and toss a couple of bread heels in there to keep the cookies soft. I could eat one or two dozen probably over the course of three or four days of visiting. Ah, good times. And memories.
                      CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
                      UDS 1.0
                      Afterburner
                      Weber Performer
                      Blue Thermapen
                      Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
                      Thermoworks Chef Alarm
                      Auber Smoker Controller
                      Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
                      -
                      "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Originally posted by DDave View Post
                        Hmm . . . was having a tough time with this one. Was thinking about great meals in restaurants or other delicious goodies I've eaten at various places.

And then I remembered this.

Then it was easy. My mom's chocolate chip cookies. As an adult, this would usually mean Christmas time. The whole family was together including my brother who lived far away and generally only made it back once a year. Mom would bake all kinds of stuff for Christmas. She would fill up a roaster pan with baked chocolate chip cookies and toss a couple of bread heels in there to keep the cookies soft. I could eat one or two dozen probably over the course of three or four days of visiting. Ah, good times. And memories.

I agree that this is an awesome choice for best thing I ever ate.
                        sigpic

USAF 1982-2008 Desert Storm Vet
                        American Legion Riders
                        Patriot Guard Riders

Comment

I feel some left out, as most of you have posted that some sort of shellfish has been the best thing you have ever eaten. I am very allergic to shellfish; shrimp, lobster, scallops, oysters, crabs, etc are things I cannot eat without a trip to the ER.

I will say that one thing I remember that was extremely awesome was some smoked salmon I ate at the All Ranks club at RAF Bentwaters back in 83.
                          sigpic

USAF 1982-2008 Desert Storm Vet
                          American Legion Riders
                          Patriot Guard Riders

Comment

Originally posted by dcarch View Post
                            Traveled to Paris. Every day had breakfast, lunch and dinner in some of the best restaurants. Really wonderful food.

Two weeks later, we were so over with French food, couldn't bear to look at another French menu anymore. Found a McDonald's and had a Big Mac .

It was the most delicious food I have ever eaten!

dcarch
                            I can somehow see that happening
                            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

I think..and there’ been alot... fresh filet’d perch outta Lake Erie. Fried light golden brown with a seasoned batter.
                              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

A coworker and I wandered into Keene's Steakhouse in NYC. Couldn't believe 3 slices of thick cut bacon as an appetizer was around $15. Ordered it out of curiosity. Yup, it was amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X