Smoked-Meat Forums

Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Desserts

Desserts For Those Of You That Have A Sweet Tooth.

Main Menu
Module Jump:
Active Threads
0 More briskets
Last Post: HawgHeaven
Posted On: 01-19-2018
Replies: 11
Views: 122
0 Venison Backstraps (Super-Tender & Tasty)
Last Post: Bearcarver
Replies: 13
Views: 205
0 Rudy's with a twist
Replies: 13
Views: 229
0 DDave's Reverse Flow Build
Replies: 23
Views: 383
0 Venison pastrami...
Replies: 10
Views: 105
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,528 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 43,192 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 648,609 Polls 37
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...
Old 12-20-2013, 10:34 AM
Pit Master

Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All
Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All
Default Peanut Butter Meltaways (Bear's Favorite Candy!!)

Peanut Butter Meltaways
(Bear's Favorite Candy!!)

Well, it's that time of year again!!

These things are AWESOME !!! My only Candy Weakness!!

If you like Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, you will love these!!

All my life my favorite candy had been Reese's “Peanut Butter Cups”, but then a Candy company opened up near where I used to live. They had an little outlet store attached to their big plant, and they sold these things called “Meltaways”. They were good, but they used dark chocolate, and I never was a Dark Chocolate fan. Then a few years ago I did some searching, and came up with a few recipes for “Meltaways”. We did some experimenting with the various recipes, and came up with our own recipe.
Mrs Bear makes these at Christmas, and just about everyone who has eaten any, has asked for the recipe.
We made some yesterday, and I took some pics & wrote it up “Bear Step by Step” style. They are really easy to make!!!

This is All You Need:
1------10 ounce bag of Milk Chocolate Melting Wafers.
1------10 ounce bag of White Chocolate Melting Wafers.
1------16 ounce jar of “Creamy” Peanut Butter.
Mini Paper Liners (at least 70---get 100).
Large Zipper Bag (or better yet---A Candy Making Funnel).
Microwave.

Easy Instructions:
#1----Pour all the wafers and the Peanut Butter into a microwave safe bowl.
#2----Microwave on High for 2 minute intervals until all ingredients are melted.
#3----Stir well with a wooden spoon, until completely combined & smooth.
#4----Pour mixture into heavy zip top bag, close & cut one corner off.
(Better yet get an “Easy-pour Candy Making Funnel”)
#5----Place Mini Paper Baking Cups on a tray.
#6----Squeeze Chocolate mixture into each cup, until about ¾ full.
#7----Place tray into Fridge until set.
#8----Remove from Fridge & enjoy. Store in containers with lids.

Note: I like to keep mine in Fridge. No need to go in Freezer like my Reese's PB Cups.
You can also keep them out, but they will get soft, just like any chocolate candy.
However they hold up well being at room temp' during the length of time of a party.

Let me know how you like these!
Other than Prime Rib, Bacon, and a few other smoked goodies, these are my biggest weakness.

Enjoy,
Bear

What you need:

Line up Mini Paper Liners in a tray:

Dump all Melting Wafers in mixing bowl, along with Peanut Butter, and Nuke it::

Stir melted mixture until blended & very smooth:

Pour mixture into Mini Paper Liners:

All filled:

Put tray in Fridge until melted chocolate sets.
My helper on the right, and my little helper on the left:

Paper pulls off easily and ready to eat:

End of Candy Instructions.

Other News:

Mrs Bear's Happy, now that Tree is up:

Closer Look:

Birds are Happy too, as it snows like Crazy:

Last edited by Bearcarver; 12-20-2013 at 05:18 PM.

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 12-20-2013, 10:51 AM
Seasoned Smoker

dsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To All
dsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To All

Yeah I'd hit those! Homemade candy talent abounds!

Yoder YS640
Weber EP-310 Gasser Grill
A-Maz-N-Pellet-Smoker (AMZNPS)
A-Maz-N-Tube-Smoker (AMZNTS)
Frogmats
Maverick ET 732
Super Fast Purple Thermopen

Deano

"May the thin blue smoke be with you"

Old 12-20-2013, 10:54 AM
Pit Master

sweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To All
sweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To All

Beautiful pics, Bear! I could probably eat on that candy all day long. And your home looks nice and cozy, but I really like that bird feeder!!!

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Chargriller Duo w/ SFB
Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
Weber Smokey Joe
Brinkman Electric Smoker
Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
Pink Thermapen
Purple Thermapen
Old 12-20-2013, 12:27 PM
Biltong King

Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All
Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All

Oh man, gotta try these.
Old 12-20-2013, 12:55 PM
Plays with his meat...

merrell Is  A Name Known To Allmerrell Is  A Name Known To Allmerrell Is  A Name Known To All
merrell Is  A Name Known To Allmerrell Is  A Name Known To Allmerrell Is  A Name Known To Allmerrell Is  A Name Known To Allmerrell Is  A Name Known To Allmerrell Is  A Name Known To Allmerrell Is  A Name Known To Allmerrell Is  A Name Known To Allmerrell Is  A Name Known To Allmerrell Is  A Name Known To Allmerrell Is  A Name Known To Allmerrell Is  A Name Known To Allmerrell Is  A Name Known To Allmerrell Is  A Name Known To All

If you also have a bacon weakness, maybe these need a lil' chunk of bacon in the middle....

2 of me best buds ever! R.I.P guys
Old 12-20-2013, 04:45 PM
Pit Master

Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All
Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsgarner06 View Post
Yeah I'd hit those! Homemade candy talent abounds!
Thanks Deano!!
These things are awesome, and so easy to make!!

Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_magnolia View Post
Beautiful pics, Bear! I could probably eat on that candy all day long. And your home looks nice and cozy, but I really like that bird feeder!!!
Thank You Becky!!
That Bird Feeder is powered by a 9 volt Battery, and makes squirrels do really nice somersaults!! They only have to get charged twice, and they stay away for a long time. I used to test it by hand, and it really does nail you good!!

Bear
Old 12-20-2013, 05:13 PM
Rub Mixer

qkrx7 Is Becoming A Smoke Guruqkrx7 Is Becoming A Smoke Guruqkrx7 Is Becoming A Smoke Guruqkrx7 Is Becoming A Smoke Guruqkrx7 Is Becoming A Smoke Guruqkrx7 Is Becoming A Smoke Guruqkrx7 Is Becoming A Smoke Guruqkrx7 Is Becoming A Smoke Guruqkrx7 Is Becoming A Smoke Guru

Chocolate and peanut butter is my favorite. those look good to me I will take a dozen of 2 if you would like to send that my way. Also the is a very clean frig mine always looks like a mess.

YS-640
Old 12-20-2013, 06:16 PM
Keepin' on Smokin'

Bassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To All
Bassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To All

Those sure look like some good sugar bombs, John. Thanks for posting the recipe. Just one more for my arsenal.

Smoke Vault 24
Old 12-20-2013, 07:55 PM
miss ya gary....

chefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To All
chefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To All

those look good bear......also like the corner cabinet.....................

it's all good my friend..........
Old 12-21-2013, 08:44 AM
Pit Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishawn View Post
Oh man, gotta try these.
Thanks Scott !!
You really gotta try these!

Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrell View Post
If you also have a bacon weakness, maybe these need a lil' chunk of bacon in the middle....
I love them both, but I would never mix my Bacon with my Meltaways.

Bear
Old 12-21-2013, 05:55 PM
Pit Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by qkrx7 View Post
Chocolate and peanut butter is my favorite. those look good to me I will take a dozen of 2 if you would like to send that my way. Also the is a very clean frig mine always looks like a mess.
Thank You !!!
It's a lot easier to keep it neat, now that we have more room than out last Fridge, and Mrs Bear is a Cleanaholic!!

Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassman View Post
Those sure look like some good sugar bombs, John. Thanks for posting the recipe. Just one more for my arsenal.
Thanks Keith!!
You really gotta try these!!

Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefrob View Post
those look good bear......also like the corner cabinet.....................

Thanks Rob!!
That corner gun cabinet was the first cabinet I made when I started my own Cabinet Shop. I figured if I could make a tall corner cabinet with my equipment, I could make any all wood cabinet.
The funny thing is, 10 years later the last cabinets I made in my shop was my current kitchen & vanities.

Bear
Old 12-25-2013, 09:17 PM
Frozen Smoker

Ron V Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodRon V Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodRon V Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodRon V Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodRon V Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodRon V Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodRon V Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodRon V Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodRon V Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodRon V Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodRon V Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodRon V Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodRon V Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodRon V Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodRon V Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodRon V Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodRon V Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodRon V Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

Just made 170 complete with bacon. AWESOME!!!! Pictures coming..

Whoa O Black Betty Bam-Ba-Lam!

Old 12-25-2013, 09:23 PM
Pit Master

crusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To All
crusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To All

Christmas Candy for the bear
Island of Misfit Smokers Member #94

I cuss like a Sailor, because I am a Sailor

Old 12-28-2013, 11:15 AM
Pit Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusty ol salt View Post
Christmas Candy for the bear

Thank You, Padre!!

Bear
Old 12-28-2013, 12:01 PM
Rub Mixer

mackbrad Is Becoming A Smoke Gurumackbrad Is Becoming A Smoke Gurumackbrad Is Becoming A Smoke Gurumackbrad Is Becoming A Smoke Gurumackbrad Is Becoming A Smoke Gurumackbrad Is Becoming A Smoke Gurumackbrad Is Becoming A Smoke Gurumackbrad Is Becoming A Smoke Gurumackbrad Is Becoming A Smoke Gurumackbrad Is Becoming A Smoke Guru

Bear I gotta say these are the best and easiest candies I have ever made and tasted my 2 yr old enjoyed helping daddy make them
Old 12-28-2013, 04:10 PM
Meat Mopper

SopchoppyTerrie Is Becoming A Smoke GuruSopchoppyTerrie Is Becoming A Smoke GuruSopchoppyTerrie Is Becoming A Smoke GuruSopchoppyTerrie Is Becoming A Smoke GuruSopchoppyTerrie Is Becoming A Smoke GuruSopchoppyTerrie Is Becoming A Smoke GuruSopchoppyTerrie Is Becoming A Smoke GuruSopchoppyTerrie Is Becoming A Smoke Guru

Bear Loved this my husband and son are Reese freaks. They loved them! Could not believe how easy they were to make. Thanks for the how to.
Old 12-28-2013, 05:38 PM
Pit Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackbrad View Post
Bear I gotta say these are the best and easiest candies I have ever made and tasted my 2 yr old enjoyed helping daddy make them
Quote:
Originally Posted by SopchoppyTerrie View Post
Bear Loved this my husband and son are Reese freaks. They loved them! Could not believe how easy they were to make. Thanks for the how to.

I'm glad you both tried these. It's hard to believe how good they are & how easy to make, without trying it.

Thank You Both,
Bear
Old 12-28-2013, 11:09 PM
Wannabe Smoker

MossyMO Is  A Name Known To AllMossyMO Is  A Name Known To AllMossyMO Is  A Name Known To AllMossyMO Is  A Name Known To AllMossyMO Is  A Name Known To All
MossyMO Is  A Name Known To AllMossyMO Is  A Name Known To AllMossyMO Is  A Name Known To All

Oh ya, I love peanut butter I gotta try this... can't believe I missed this thread til now!

Old 12-29-2013, 08:29 AM
Pit Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MossyMO View Post
Oh ya, I love peanut butter I gotta try this... can't believe I missed this thread til now!

My favorite was always Reese's, and these thing blow them away!!

You'll love them, Marty!!

Bear

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Desserts