Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Was...... THE BEST..... Thing You Ever Ate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Was...... THE BEST..... Thing You Ever Ate?

Food show got me thinking....... Hmmmmm...... What Was The BEST THING you have ever ate?????

Can ONLY BE ONE....... I know, there are a lotta top 10's top 20's, etc..... BUTT, narrow it down and decide. The venue and experience is part of the rating/experience, as it should be.

I will start.... Oysters on the half, with choice of condiments at my buddy's Lake house about 15 years ago.

Second, wood be... OH WAIT, THERE IS NO #2
    sigpic

I gotta say it was the calamari at Delmonico Steakhouse in Las Vegas. We were on our honeymoon and we planned a nice dinner at one of Emeril's restaurants. The calamari was out appetizer and it came piled about 8-10 inches high on the plate covered in a roasted pepper relish. If I remember right it was only $7.00. Probably the cheapest part of the $200.00 bill. I have yet to find anything close to it. We both raved about it for a long time afterwards and still reminisce on occasion.
    Arron W.

YS 640
    Primo Oval XL
    Lone Star Grillz 30x36 cabinet smoker
    Not so Ugly Drum Smoker
    Weber Copper Top
    Old Smokey
    Orion
    Gasser
    2 Sack Crawfish Boiler by R&V Works
    24" Disco with custom burner
    Red Thermapen
    2-Maverick ET-733
    Orange Thermoworks Smoke

R.I.P my little buddy Zazu. 10/4/2020. We miss you.
    sigpic

Comment

At the cottage... Scallops over a bed of linguine and baby leaks...

Last edited by HawgHeaven; 07-28-2017, 10:01 AM.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Lobster tail at a restaurant in Wildwood, New Jersey over 20 years ago.
        Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
        My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
        @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Ever since I was a kid and I tasted my first grilled veal steak.

Good veal chops/steaks are so expensive nowadays that it's a meal I seldom can justify the price to have.
          Jim

Comment

Mudbugs in the "hot garlic" sauce at a local restaurant.

When they are in season, I could live there if I had the money.
            Pete
            Large BGE
            Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

For my 13th birthday my Dad & I flew up to San Francisco to meet with my Uncle & some family friends at Tomales Bay north of SF. We stayed at a cabin our friend owned right on Tomales Bay.
              We caught the low tide one morning & dug for Horseneck Clams & in the afternoon went crab fishing using horse meat for the traps - our family friend owned a ranch/ slaughterhouse. While oot on the bay we sent some of our crab catch back to the cabin for the women folk to cook up while we fished for more crab. We were still oot on the water doing the crab fishing thing & shivering our butts off, one of our group came back oot to us with freshly cooked clam steaks & boiled crab. I can still taste it...
              I was in heaven... Not only was that the best thing I ever ate, it was the best birthday I ever had.

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
              Paul

Comment

Originally posted by THE ICEMAN View Post
                For my 13th birthday my Dad & I flew up to San Francisco to meet with my Uncle & some family friends at Tomales Bay north of SF. We stayed at a cabin our friend owned right on Tomales Bay.
                We caught the low tide one morning & dug for Horseneck Clams & in the afternoon went crab fishing using horse meat for the traps - our family friend owned a ranch/ slaughterhouse. While oot on the bay we sent some of our crab catch back to the cabin for the women folk to cook up while we fished for more crab. We were still oot on the water doing the crab fishing thing & shivering our butts off, one of our group came back oot to us with freshly cooked clam steaks & boiled crab. I can still taste it...
                I was in heaven... Not only was that the best thing I ever ate, it was the best birthday I ever had.
                You were one blessed and lucky sumbitch!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

I picked bad time to sneak in here right after morning meds but wayout of the distant past in '64 there it came. Smoked salmon from the shores of Coos Bay Oregon. I was 17 in food heaven.
                  sigpic
                  It's Better When Cooked in the Backyard and Served on the Porch
                  A man just can't have to many toys..
                  Akorn smoker

Comment

All of my Smoked Prime Ribs, but to narrow it down, the Best one of all was the last one I did, with Cherry Smoke from the Cherry Dust that was in my Hitachi Sliding Compound Miter Saw's Dust Bag.

This One:
                    http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43749

Bear
                    Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                    Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Has to be my first lobster at a high end seafood restaurant in Phoenix. The ex wife was in the boat biz and they had a really good year. So the owner took all of his employees out for a big Christmas/end of year party. Must have been 30 years ago, but I can remember it still and haven't been able to match the experience and thrill of it since then. I've had plenty of really good lobster since, probably even better than that time, but something about that first experience always stands out.
                      Mike
                      Proud to be I.B.E.W.

PCa Sucks - But I WILL, No DID beat this!!

Yoder YS640
                      POS ChinaMasterbuilt XL (demoted to cold smoking duty)
                      Bull Big Bahanga gas grill

Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most!

Comment

fudge, that's a hard one.

I'd probably have to say pan seared halibut cheeks, on my dad's co-workers boat out of homer AK, just minutes after they were caught. I'd give just about anything for that experience again.
                        Mike
                        Life In Pit Row

Comment

First white lindor chocolate, maybe.
                          Maybe my first homemade bratwurst.

I don't really do single best things.
                          I've eaten that much really good food over the years, every giood dish is the best on the night.
                          Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                          Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Tell our contestant what he gets as a consolation prize...

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
                            First white lindor chocolate, maybe.
                            Maybe my first homemade bratwurst.

I don't really do single best things.
                            I've eaten that much really good food over the years, every giood(?) dish is the best on the night.
                            Thanks for playing our game, please exit stage right...
                            Last edited by THE ICEMAN; 07-28-2017, 02:46 PM.

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
                            Paul

Comment

Fresh Walleye nuggets , fried taters an BEER !!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X