Smoked-Meat Forums

Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Wild Game

Wild Game Deer, Elk, Moose, Rabbit And The Other Critters We Hunt.

Main Menu
Module Jump:
Active Threads
0 Sauce from liquid after SV
Last Post: HawgHeaven
Posted On: 01-22-2018
Replies: 2
Views: 24
0 A Feeble Attempt at Scott's Fritters....
Last Post: curious aardvark
Replies: 4
Views: 36
0 Get Laid Grilled Shrimp....
Last Post: curious aardvark
Replies: 4
Views: 46
0 Buckburgers & Buck-a-Roni
Last Post: Abelman
Replies: 11
Views: 146
0 Congrats To The New England And Philadelphia Fans!
Last Post: HawgHeaven
Replies: 8
Views: 84
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,530 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 43,213 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 648,871 Polls 37
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...
Old 12-07-2017, 10:52 PM
Just One More....

Kicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To All
Kicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To All
Default First crack at venison bacon

After hunting season couple guys in camp wanted venison bacon I told them, Iíll give it try.

Did some research on some posts and I came up with Curleyís. So went all in 25lbs., ground 12lbs venison 13lbs pork butt. Let rest for 12 hours in the frig. Next day out of the aluminum tins brought up to room temp and let dry a bit.

Meanwhile smoker is warming up to 130*-140* got the venison in with no smoke for a hour or two.

Then I bumped the temp up to 150*-160* and applied beechwood for smoke, 2 to 3 later bumped up the temp again to 170* nothing higher... pulled out of smoker at internal temp 152* let rest overnight.

I was so nervous what itís going to taste like, since I forgot to do a fry test. Fried up some immediately, wow itís awesome...

The finishing picture the slicing.

I was very happy how it turned out, canít wait to do more...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ECO
Hobart Meat Grinder 4822 series
F.Dick 12 Ltr. Sausage Stuffer

There's only two types of Beer: Cold and Free.
_____
Jim

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 12-07-2017, 11:07 PM
Biltong King

Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All
Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All

Wow! Looks Excellent!

Old 12-08-2017, 06:26 AM
Keepin' on Smokin'

Bassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To All
Bassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To All

Way to go AJ! That's some fine looking bacon.

Smoke Vault 24
Old 12-08-2017, 10:06 AM
Smokin Bill

minnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To All
minnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To All

Ive made many pounds of it and it is as easy as it sounds and tastes even better.P S.The seasonings that Marty and Tanya sell are every bit as good as curleys and they don't rape you as bad on Shipping .Just saying.
22.5'' wsm
24'' smoke vault
1-outhouse
Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
Smoked meathead #135
Old 12-08-2017, 10:22 AM
Pit Master

Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All
Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All

Awesome!!---

I haven't made any of that in a long time---Too Long Actually!!!

I love it !!

Bear
Old 12-08-2017, 10:40 AM
Just One More....

Kicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnbill View Post
Ive made many pounds of it and it is as easy as it sounds and tastes even better.P S.The seasonings that Marty and Tanya sell are every bit as good as curleys and they don't rape you as bad on Shipping .Just saying.
I bought some PS, venison bacon seasoning just to compare, (any comments). I havenít got to try it yet. I thought Curleyís was awesome for actually not being the traditional bacon. Once you fry it, it seems like it takes on bacon flavor, that could just be me, just saying...

Iím going to look into getting the seasoning that Marty and Tanya has...

Iím heading up to deer camp this weekend (for alittle late season bow hunting), to give the crew there share of venison bacon and summer sausage that I made up. I can see the future Iíll be making more. Ground bacon....

ECO

_____
Jim
Old 12-08-2017, 10:52 AM
Smokin Bill

minnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To All
minnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicken Asphalt View Post
I bought some PS, venison bacon seasoning just to compare, (any comments). I havenít got to try it yet. I thought Curleyís was awesome for actually not being the traditional bacon. Once you fry it, it seems like it takes on bacon flavor, that could just be me, just saying...

Iím going to look into getting the seasoning that Marty and Tanya has...

Iím heading up to deer camp this weekend (for alittle late season bow hunting), to give the crew there share of venison bacon and summer sausage that I made up. I can see the future Iíll be making more. Ground bacon....
Never tried the PS,seasoning but everything else they sell is top notch.
Ive also found the thinner you slice it and the crispier you fry it the (bacony) it becomes .
22.5'' wsm
24'' smoke vault
1-outhouse
Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
Smoked meathead #135
Old 12-08-2017, 01:10 PM
Just One More....

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnbill View Post
Never tried the PS,seasoning but everything else they sell is top notch.
Ive also found the thinner you slice it and the crispier you fry it the (bacony) it becomes .
I sliced between a 1/8 to 3/16 of a inch, I thought a 1/4 inch was a little bit thick.

Thereís a deer processing place in town. They use PS for a lot of the sausage and cures for hams, bacon, etc.. all the people I talk to, there 50/50 on the taste of the ground venison bacon. I imagine it makes a big difference in how much pork they use.

ECO

_____
Jim
Old 12-13-2017, 12:59 AM
Biltong King

Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All
Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All

Just ordered some seasoning for this from Marty n Tanya at Owensbbq.com

Can't wait to get the thyme to do this and see what it's like. Thanks for the inspiration

Yours looks awesome

Any modifications you might try next thyme?
Old 12-13-2017, 10:38 PM
Just One More....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishawn View Post
Just ordered some seasoning for this from Marty n Tanya at Owensbbq.com

Can't wait to get the thyme to do this and see what it's like. Thanks for the inspiration

Yours looks awesome

Any modifications you might try next thyme?
The only Mods. would be, the pan, them tin aluminum cheap pans are to flimsy.

Canít say other seasonings are better, because I havenít try any other.

I know.... a bigger slicer, thatís a big modification. Maybe Iíll ask Santa.

ECO

_____
Jim
Old 12-15-2017, 08:51 PM
Meatasaurus

AJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To All
AJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To All

Outstanding deer bacon! That is how it's done.
Old 12-19-2017, 11:09 AM
Pit Masters Assistant

TKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To All
TKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllTKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllTKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllTKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllTKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To All

That came out really good, nice job looks very tasty.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Wild Game