Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you have a BBQ team you must read this!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you have a BBQ team you must read this!

Just saw on FB post by Ray Lampe, they are looking for I think 18 BBQ teams around the country to be a brand ambassador and get paid for doing what we love!

http://trybetargeting.com/Team-Recruiting
    Mustang electric smoker
    King Kooker vertical gasser
    Charbroil silver smoker
    Earnhardt Jr smoker
    Brinkman smoke n' grill
    a-maze-n cold smoker rack

USMC vet 87 - 91

Looks like its all in the south and west.
    Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

I wasn't sure either, just thought someone might be able to benefit...
      Mustang electric smoker
      King Kooker vertical gasser
      Charbroil silver smoker
      Earnhardt Jr smoker
      Brinkman smoke n' grill
      a-maze-n cold smoker rack

USMC vet 87 - 91

Comment

Sounds awesome, but my "team" consists of me and my imaginary friends. Not only that, but I actually haven't competed yet. I sure wish someone from here could get in on that.

Gonna run with the big dogs this year though. Prolly get trampled, but gonna give it a shot. Got me new Meadow Creek and a shitload of fine wood!

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post

Gonna run with the big dogs this year though. Prolly get trampled, but gonna give it a shot. Got me new Meadow Creek and a shitload of fine wood!

Maybe you will, maybe you won't. One thing is for sure, if you don't give it a shot you will never ever place anywhere on the comp list. Other than that, competing is more than just placing. Its learning new tricks, new rubs, new sauces, making new friends, visiting places you may never visit. Spending a lot of money and having great memories. Not to mention, dreaming that you had the money for that giant nice looking rig the guy near you has, let alone having one to play with.

There is so much to competing, I don't even think of placing anymore. I just do it as a hobby, learn something I didn't already know, making new friends, realizing you forgot something even though you had a great check list and so much more.

Another thing, competing is far different than smoking up a great meal for you, your family and some friends. Competing has lots of rules and deadlines. There were times where I missed an entry because my time didn't meet their time. Also there were times where I got an entry turned in but wasn't happy because the meat either was quite to my operating temps or I took to long to box and turn in which meant I had no entry.

Of all the money I have spent and never won, I would do it again in a heart beat. Ya learn too much about your skills and what you don't know yet, make too many friends, see some great places and have some great memories.

Compete, go for it and brag.....................
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by davidmcg View Post
            Maybe you will, maybe you won't. One thing is for sure, if you don't give it a shot you will never ever place anywhere on the comp list. Other than that, competing is more than just placing. Its learning new tricks, new rubs, new sauces, making new friends, visiting places you may never visit. Spending a lot of money and having great memories. Not to mention, dreaming that you had the money for that giant nice looking rig the guy near you has, let alone having one to play with.

There is so much to competing, I don't even think of placing anymore. I just do it as a hobby, learn something I didn't already know, making new friends, realizing you forgot something even though you had a great check list and so much more.

Another thing, competing is far different than smoking up a great meal for you, your family and some friends. Competing has lots of rules and deadlines. There were times where I missed an entry because my time didn't meet their time. Also there were times where I got an entry turned in but wasn't happy because the meat either was quite to my operating temps or I took to long to box and turn in which meant I had no entry.

Of all the money I have spent and never won, I would do it again in a heart beat. Ya learn too much about your skills and what you don't know yet, make too many friends, see some great places and have some great memories.

Well said... altho I am likely done competing, the experience, the people and the lessons were well worth the costs and heartbreaks.
            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
              Well said... altho I am likely done competing, the experience, the people and the lessons were well worth the costs and heartbreaks.
              Huh? You're done competing? Whussup widdat?

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
                Just kinda lost it's lustre, PP. Cap't-N-Smoke is no more by mutual agreement. Altho we do plan on gettin' together this spring prolly for the early practice cook at Eagle, and maybe for the halibut this summer for a cook...
                Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Just kinda lost it's lustre, PP. Cap't-N-Smoke is no more by mutual agreement. Altho we do plan on gettin' together this spring prolly for the early practice cook at Eagle, and maybe for the halibut this summer for a cook...
                  Wow, I didn't know you guys broke it up... really sorry to hear that... really.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Wow, I didn't know you guys broke it up... really sorry to hear that... really.
                    Don't be... We had a blast, and kilt some demons, and fulfilled some wishes... it was all good Phil

Comment

Don't be... We had a blast, and kilt some demons, and fulfilled some wishes... it was all good Phil
                      Gotcha. Dang, I was hoping to compete with you guys this year...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Gotcha. Dang, I was hoping to compete with you guys this year...
                        I'm still hoping we do Eagle again. That's always fun, and really no pressure like a "regular KCBS" comp (even though it's treated like one).
                        sigpic

Comment

I couldn't have said it any better!!! While it's nice to place in the money from time to time almost all the contests we enter in South Carolina are involved in a charity. If it wasn't for that it wouldn't near as much fun to do!!! Just do it!!!

Originally posted by davidmcg View Post

www.nopigleftbehind.com
                          -----------------------------

Comment

I'm available.....For a worthy cause etc....lol

Comment

Hey Geoff, Practice up on that banjo of yours and I'll bring a six string. Eagle is a fun time.

Originally posted by Crewdawg52 View Post
                              I'm still hoping we do Eagle again. That's always fun, and really no pressure like a "regular KCBS" comp (even though it's treated like one).

Comment

Working...
                              X