$99 Blackstone 28" griddle at Walmart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
    Yup. I'm good with the $99... If I could find it around here. My local WM has five in stock, all at $161. Nope, not when the website sez they have them at $99 IN THAT STORE!! Told 'em, showed 'em, wouldn't budge. I hate that friggin' store. I hate WalfrigginMart. Done.
    I looked on the website and the Walmart that I mentioned above have them at $161 as well. No wonder they have 27 of them.
    BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
    Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
    I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Originally posted by BBQ Engineer View Post
      All of the stores local to me show zero inventory...so I started expanding my search and a store about 40 miles away has 27. WTF? I'd love to have one...just don't know if I can justify it for the limited use I see for it. Hmmmm....
      I had several stores that listed ) in stock one that had 27?

great inventory control
      Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BYBBQ View Post
        Camp Chef Flat Top may be better but I can buy at least 3 of the Blackstones for the price of 1 Camp Chef Flat Top.

Do you own and use a Camp Chef Flat Top or is this someone else's opinion that you linked to? Just asking.
        Perhaps I'm coming from a different perspective that the rest of you.

I presented the Camp Chef as an alternative to the Blackstone. An alternative I feel is a better designed unit and one I have never seen posted here. Now you know. Your welcome. I would rather save a few more sheckles and buy the superior unit now than wish I had done so later on. I've done enough of that.

The Blackstone that is on sale is the 28" model while the Camp Chef is the larger size which is comparable to the 36" Blackstone. The 36" Blackstone is the only Blackstone griddle top I HAVE see posted here. Do not mistake the 28" for the 36". We are not comparing apples to apples here.

No, I don't own a camp chef flat top and have no plans to buy such a specialized piece of equipment. That said, I have outfitted dozens of trips into the outback with my three burner Camp Chef. I also own 2 burner but the three burner is enough for a crowd. Both are fully accessorized with griddles and bbq boxes. These designs are much more versatile than any brand flat top cooker.

Pad Tai for 15 mountain bikers on day 2 along the White Rim Trail cooking on my large Camp Chef griddle.
        Notice the wok to the left of the griddle on its own burner

Breakfast for 15, also on the White Rim.
        Gridding blueberry pancakes, bacon, and eggs while the coffee is on its own burner.

I could easily cook for 20+ with just the 3 burner which folds up into a nice little carrying case. I've been taking this stove out for 20 years with no failures. Its been in snow, rain, and desert conditions and it still burns like it did the day I bought it. Do I like Camp Chef stoves? You betcha.

I don't ever see myself cooking for more than 15-20 with a flat top wheelable unit that is restricted to griddle only. That can, of course, change with the grill accessories that can be added to either cooker but I already have all the grill space I need.

As I stated earlier "portable" flat tops are much to specialized. I suppose they have their place but to me these cookers are a solution looking for a problem.
        sigpic
        Fully Accessorized Primo XL Oval,
        -BBQ GURU DigiQ DX2,
        -AMNPS
        -And various other do-dads, gimmicks,
        gizmos and hornswaggles

Comment

Actually if I was paying normal price for a Blackstone, I would be looking at the 36" and for that money, I do agree the Camp Chef Flat Top is a better product and what I would buy if I was paying regular prices. That being said, I have no complaints about my $99 Blackstone 28 as it's just the wife and I 99% of the time since the kids have grown, married (1 of them so far) and moved into their own homes....
          Dave

I love coming home. My back porch smells just like a BBQ joint.....

Comment

Well, at $99, the Blackstone is a helluva deal. And it is all I would need for that type of cooking. We have a flat top at the Country Store, and it is used when we need it. I agree, the Camp Chef Flat Top is a rockin' solid unit. For my needs, the Blackstone would work just fine. My problem is I can't find the $99 deal around here. If I did, I'd have one. And a new Jeep to take it home...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Found a Walmart in my area that had 2 left so I convinced my wife that I needed one. She reluctantly agreed if I promised to make her french toast or pancakes on it every weekend. That's not a problem [emoji4]. I've been wanting a larger griddle for a while now and this is a steal at $99. Now to get it seasoned and ready to go!

If anyone is still looking for one in the Kansas City area, the Super Walmart on Shawnee Mission Parkway has one left.

Comment

Store in my area seems to have an endless supply of them...Every week they have more at the same price...I want one
                Craig
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
                  Well, at $99, the Blackstone is a helluva deal. And it is all I would need for that type of cooking. We have a flat top at the Country Store, and it is used when we need it. I agree, the Camp Chef Flat Top is a rockin' solid unit. For my needs, the Blackstone would work just fine. My problem is I can't find the $99 deal around here. If I did, I'd have one. And a new Jeep to take it home...
                  I can find the $99 deal but I cant find the $99
                  Craig
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                    I can find the $99 deal but I cant find the $99
                    Yeah, there is that...
                    The price at me local is $161. I told the management they are on sale everywhere for $99... won't budge. Screw it, keep the 5 you have in stock. Ain't payin' that.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

We could ship you one of the $99 ones but I doubt that would save any money at all...
                      Craig
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                        We could ship you one of the $99 ones but I doubt that would save any money at all...
                        Thanks for the offer, butt isle pass...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

I don't have one and don't have room for one but that's a great deal!

I will say that I have some griddle plates from Grill Grates that I got on the cheap. You can also turn the conventional ones over as was stated but they have some holes in them. Doesn't work for the smash burger but the plates do.

In short, griddle burgers are the best ever and when you can use grates/griddles over charcoal....it's a heck of a burger.
                          Pete
                          Large BGE
                          Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

Hmmmm.... What about Walmart's free ship to store. Buy it at a $99 or less store and have it shipped to your local store for pickup. And don't forget to wave at the manager who would not budge off the higher price when you pick it up (while they still have their 5 to sell).
                            Dave

I love coming home. My back porch smells just like a BBQ joint.....

Comment

Originally posted by dward51 View Post
                              Hmmmm.... What about Walmart's free ship to store. Buy it at a $99 or less store and have it shipped to your local store for pickup. And don't forget to wave at the manager who would not budge off the higher price when you pick it up (while they still have their 5 to sell).
                              There's a thought... hmmmm...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

I happily grabbed one of these $99 griddles. I was smiling like the butcher's dog.
                                ~ MAGNUM ~

Comment

Working...
                                X