Opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions please

Crazy busy with work, should've asked this earlier. Got to smoke 85 pounds of pork loin this afternoon for a church dinner tomorrow. Last year was more of a bbq meal, sliced pork loin sandwiches, baked beans, etc. They loved the loin which got a coating of mad hunky. This year they wanted a more formal dinner. Sliced loin(no sandwich thick cut) scalloped potatoes, corn, etc. What's been going through my head is the mad hunky might not be the perfect rub for this meal. It'll work but wondering what others think. I'm more thinking an herb crusted type seasoning. Opinions on that would be great. Also thinking about doing a couple loins in oven that way there's an option of non smoked. Average age of crowd will probably be 75 and some of them can't handle smoked meat.
    sigpic

Hi Ryan,
    I don't go overboard on Mad Hunky stuff, but when it comes to Pork, I can honestly say I wouldn't use anything else on Pork.
    If the crowd is old or mostly female & kids, I would just put it on sparingly.
    Even Mrs Bear likes it, as long as I don't overload it.

Just my 2 Piastres,

Bear
    Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
    Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Believe it or not, Rich's JAB works wonders on pork. Don't be afraid to try it...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

The herb crust is always a good choice...Also just S&P...light smoke...You know what you're doing

Might also consider making some kinda sauce to serve on the side...Maybe a creamy Parmesan sauce of something like that...
        Craig
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
          Believe it or not, Rich's JAB works wonders on pork. Don't be afraid to try it...
          X2
          Craig
          sigpic

Comment

too many to either stuff or bacon wrap - so keep it simple and cook it right
            A sauce is easier and quicker to make than doing fancy stuff to that much meat.

For pork I'd go with an apple and mustard type sauce.
            Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
            Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Working...
            X