10 Breasts Mad Hunky Brined/Rubbed and Smoked on the Weber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 Breasts Mad Hunky Brined/Rubbed and Smoked on the Weber

Well I haven't had time to do any cooks at home since I started my little endeavor, so I thought I'd take it on the road. Loaded my truck with the Weber and off to work we went. Picked up a bag of 12 breasts about a pound apiece for $1.69 a pound. Set the Weber up out front so everybody commin in to the place could see what I was doing.

MH Poultry Brine 2oz to 1pint of water into a gallon bag with 6 of breasts and the same for the other 6. Let them set from 9am until 2:30pm.

Mad Hunky General Purpose Added

So I'm walking through the bar with the tray and a guy says "are you grilling those today?". "No" says I, "I'm gonna smoke em". His response was "but that's a grill".

In they go

About an hour in with temp runnin between 275 and 300

2 hours and a bit of rearranging. It was little crowded

Just about ready

And done

Used fruit bearing cheery wood the grounds keepers gathered up for me. Total smoke time was just under 3 hours. The combination for the brine and rub is unfreekin believable. So the other 2 breasts ended up on the gas grill in my kitchen. Cut up some pieces for samples and passed those around. One guy said that a chicken breast that juicy should be illegal. Everyone was most impressed by the flavor and moisture.

The ones I smoked are going into chicken salad today. I've got a group of 12 ladies that golf every Thursday so it's chicken salad on a tomato blossom. Thanks for the idea Squirrel Pics if I get a chance.

Thanks Rich for such quality products.. You da man

Thank you for both personally and professionally trusting the Mad Hunky products! That means alot to me!

Man those are pretty... the cherry really does a nice job...gonna look fantastic in the salad!
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Those Breasts look perfect!!!--------

Keep fattening up them PA Elks!!!

Just in time too---I got some chick thighs, some Hunky poultry Brine, some Mad Hunky Rub, and some Herb's Herbs. I'm thinking maybe Sunday for that stuff. Your post will be a help!!

Thanks CavMan!!!

Bear
      Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
      Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Yay! Looks awesome. I would love to see pics of the plated goods.

I'm heading to the post office to see if me Mad Hunky arrived. Gotta big family cook tomorrow and I'm out of the Hunky!

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcarver View Post
          Those Breasts look perfect!!!--------

Keep fattening up them PA Elks!!!

Just in time too---I got some chick thighs, some Hunky poultry Brine, some Mad Hunky Rub, and some Herb's Herbs. I'm thinking maybe Sunday for that stuff. Your post will be a help!!

Thanks CavMan!!!

Bear
          Thanks Bear..
          That brine/rub combination really does work well. The chicken salad I made from these was very well received. I'll plate one up today and take a pic. Little busy yesterday so I didn't get a chance.

Comment

Looks great kinda surprising it took almost 3 hours @ 300*. Never tried Cherry on chicken, gotta do that.
            sigpic

Comment

Good looking breasts....and I am an expert LOL!! Seriously, looks like you got the kettle under control and thanks for the MH to water formula. Doing this very thing Saturday night. I will be dropping them in the brine at about 8 am and starting them around six. I was unsure of the right water to brine mix.
              Weber Smoky Joe
              18" Weber Silver
              22.5" Weber Gold
              22.5" Weber Silver
              UDS X 2
              Masterbuilt 30" MES digital
              Masterbuilt MES 40" digital
              Masterbuilt cold smoke attachment
              Char-Broil Big Easy 3 in 1
              Char-Broil COS with Ron Fischer mods.
              Dual Char-Broil BBQ Bistros
              Blackstone three burner flat top
              5" AMZNPS
              Vortex x 2
              Maverick ET 73
              Maverick ET 732
              Maverick Pro Temp instant read thermometer
              Thermo Works Smoke Dual Channel Thermometer
              Pitmaster iQue 110
              sigpic

Comment

Nice job! That chicken salad is going to be fabulous!!
                Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
                Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
                1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
                Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
                Weber Smokey Joe
                Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
                Pink Thermapen
                Purple Thermapen

Comment

Mmmmmmm....that chicken looked great!
                  Got some lucky people around if you're feeding some tasty grub like that!
                  There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

I love breasts. All sizes. All shapes. Especially if I get them on sail...

Great stuff Sir 1Cavman!!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Plated Tomato Blossom

Thanks everybody...

I was a little surprised about the time myself Fish
                      The Cherry Wood was way good

Here's the finished product

Chicken after the food processor

Celery & Onion Added (That's my food processor)

Plated

That's All

Comment

Nice work all around...and a nice workshop too! :{)

Combo quality and jealousy for you
                        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Nice looking Blossom!!! Those ladies had to love them!

Looks like you got that place pretty well squared away, compared to the way it was!!!

Real Nice!!

Bear
                          Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                          Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Ok, I got some MHPB and of course some MH Rub and going to do some brined chick breasts & thighs tomorrow. I am ready for 'shock & awe'. I have been wanting to check chicks off my list. I will probably post a new thread describing my venture.
                            sigpicYeah...that's right...I'm smokin'.

The GOOD ONE smoker grill
                            Weber 22 1/2 Wannabe (aka WW)
                            Weber 22 1/2 Silver One Touch
                            Smokey Joe New model, Smokey Joe 1984 model
                            fire pit in the yard
                            10 & 12 Lodge DO,
                            Maverick ET73, ET732.
                            A-MAZE-N SMOKER 5x8, RED HOT Thermapen
                            MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric smoker

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by treehorses View Post
                              Ok, I got some MHPB and of course some MH Rub and going to do some brined chick breasts & thighs tomorrow. I am ready for 'shock & awe'. I have been wanting to check chicks off my list. I will probably post a new thread describing my venture.
                              If you have any questions feel free to PM me. Even if you need a call... I'll send my #.

Thanks to Bear for a great post, and to you for the support!

Comment

Working...
                              X