Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Redneck Bar Fire Crackers - another use for Smitty's Spice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gmotoman View Post
    I didn't go back and look through all of this, but anyone done this with oyster crackers? Or maybe use Goldfish™ crackers?
    Oystahs DO seem to have a “special” flavor. Hmm those Parm
    Goldfishies... both my kids kinda grew up with them. Interesting.
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

• I've thought about using Ritz, but I'm afraid they would be too crumbly. They don't seem to hold up as well as the Saltines. I suspect any cracker with a good body is a candidate for this recipe.

Goldfish? Now that's an interesting possibility. Firecracker fish!!!! I bet it would work on Cheeze-its also?
      Dave

I love coming home. My back porch smells just like a BBQ joint.....

Comment

• Originally posted by gmotoman View Post
        I didn't go back and look through all of this, but anyone done this with oyster crackers? Or maybe use Goldfish™ crackers?
        My wife just bought a big bag of the Costco Chex Mix, that has 60% less fat than some other thing they compared it to (maybe air?) butt it was so bland. I added Goldfish crackers and almonds, then hit it with the melted Chex Mix butter, worshy,garlic, onion powder, etc. mix and some Creole seasoning and Red Pepper Flakes and did the microwave cook and stir thing. 10x better than the bagged stuff she brought home.

I have used Goldfish crackers with BBQ Engineers recipe, as well as just aboot any cracker/cereal type products and they all work great!

If anyone is in need of something as a spicy, excellent, different snack for The Hollidays, try this
        sigpic

Comment

• "Fire" Crackers - I remember reading this a few years ago. EWWW, I just don't get it! Maybe if they came out bacon flavored!
          Weber 22.5
          Lil Chief
          1950's Crosley Shelvadore
          Bradley Smoker
          Maverick ET732
          Nesco Dehydrator
          Thermapen "Blue Bayou"

Comment

• Thanks for the bump...I need to get on this for the holidays!
            sigpic

Smoked-Meat certified Sausagehead

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1443745685

Comment

• Originally posted by XLR8R View Post
              EWWW, I just don't get it! Maybe if they came out bacon flavored!
              Glad I could solve that problem....now get after it!
              BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
              Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
              I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

• Bacon???? Just mix in a little rendered bacon fat instead of the oil. You do keep a container of bacon fat, right?

I made these for the office "range day" yesterday. We had a pot luck after everyone qualified with our new Glock 43's (I love it when the boss keeps buying me more guns). I used two tubes of Saltines and 1 box of the Big Cheeze-it crackers (11 ounce box). Most of my office is wimps when it comes to pepper so I omitted the cayenne and used about 1/2 tsp of chipolte instead. Must have worked as they were all gone.

I tried a few the night before with some ice cold Negra Mordella beer. If you have not tried these with a cold beer, you are missing out.

And yes, they are great on the Cheeze-it's so I suspect goldfish or any other similar cracker that would stand up to the mixing is a good candidate for this treatment.
                Dave

Comment

• Keep these in your Holiday food radar
                  sigpic

Comment

• I couldn't help but think that the Merquen spice would be good in these...

so I used 1 TBS of Merquen, 1 TBS of red chili flakes, 2 TBS of Hot Whang and 1/2 tsp of Smitty's with a ranch packet and 1 cup of oil and 1/4 cut of Orville redenbacher butter flavored oil.

Be sure to grind the red peppers and Merquen in a spice grinder...like this

OH HELL...so good! Flavor you can see...I love these things.
                    BBQ Eng.

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

• Man I need to get after this again...So damn good
                      Craig
                      sigpic

Comment

• I made some for the office a while back and instead of the cayenne, I used some jalapeno powder. Some heat, but not as much and you get the jalapeno flavor (some of the folks in my office are wimps when it comes to heat). I have a couple of co-workers who ask me every month when I'm bringing in another batch of "those crackers". Basically it seems that any flavor you like seems to work with these!

Has anybody made them and then tried to lay a little smoke on them for something extra?
                        Dave

Comment

• Originally posted by dward51 View Post
                          Has anybody made them and then tried to lay a little smoke on them for something extra?
                          That is exactly why I thought the merquen would be so good...it has a really smoky and earthy flavor which really comes through. I haven't had good luck smoking crackers and stuff...one time I put some spicy chex mix in the smoker...there was so much surface area that it absorbed like a sponge...YUCK! It was like licking an ashtray! I tossed the entire batch.
                          BBQ Eng.

Comment

• Originally posted by BBQ Engineer View Post
                            I couldn't help but think that the Merquen spice would be good in these...
                            This was a good idea
                            sigpic
                            Fully Accessorized Primo XL Oval,
                            -BBQ GURU DigiQ DX2,
                            -AMNPS
                            -And various other do-dads, gimmicks,
                            gizmos and hornswaggles

Comment

• I will have to try this. As for adding smoke... why not a few dashes of liquid smoke in with the oil. Or is "liquid smoke" a bad word on this forum?
                              Ed

Smoke Vault 24
                              Vermont Castings Gas Grill
                              Thermoworks Smoke
                              The "Fastest" Orange Thermapen around!
                              The Neighbor's 36" Blackstone

Comment

• These Rock!
                                Just do it!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...