12 birds in a UDS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 birds in a UDS

These two girls (below) had thier first birthday (2 summers ago) and the mom asked me to cook some whole chickens. My water smoked chickens are a hit with the Filipina crowd. they had a big pot luck party in the park.

My contribution to the event was 12 water smoked chickens, Hot wings, UDS scalloped taters and UDS bourbon baked beans.The chicken was seasoned with Big Ron's HOH and seasoned salt and then marinated with a 12 pack of busch beer.
    I started at 630am and had everything packed in the car at 110pm (40 minutes late...)

I got the water smoker going and filled up 3 racks with twelve chickens

Then I made scalloped taters and bourbon baked beans

Hot wings with Big Ron's HOH, srirachi sauce and Big Rons BBQ sauce

The party was awesome. My Q was a big hit. the taters and beans were competing against a HUGE spread of filipino food so it didn't get eaten as much.

Nobody knew the wings were hot wings and people of all ages snatched them up pretty quick. I heard about some shocked eaters later!

I kept the cooler of birds under the table and kept 3 birds at a time in this pan.

it was a pretty large gathering for a 1st birthday

family shot

Momma and babies

I had 5 birds left at the end. Then, one by one, people started asking for a bird to take home. I snuck one to my car and thought I would keep one "for the cook". Then, one last person asked and I came home birdless and happy.

2/3rds of the labor on the last two cooks was the sides. I decided to cheat on the sides more often
    Last edited by pinkelephant; 03-02-2014, 11:06 AM.

Looks like a good time was had by all

Great pics.
    MES 40 with AMNS
    Tigert Smoker/Grill

Comment

Wow those are some fine looking birds!! Very nice family as well!
      Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
      Yoder YS640
      Weber Genesis
      Weber 18.5" Kettle
      Weber Performer
      Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

THX. It's fun and challenging cooking for Filipinas. they make better sides than me

Comment

Love big families, we come from a big one and it's always a blast cooking for them... Nice cook it all looks wonderful. As long as everyones happy it was a success...
          God, Family and Friends is what it's all about. Great food just brings them all together... First John1:9...
          Weber Performer Gold
          Masterbuilt 26" twins
          Big Chief Electric smoker
          Brinkmann barrel smoker
          LEM sausage stuffer
          Cabela's pro HD grinder
          Maverick ET-732
          ThermoWorks Thermapen
          GrillGrates

Comment

Working...
          X