Ideas for simple Pork Loin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas for simple Pork Loin

I'm looking to do something in my WSM with a 3lb pork loin that I found in the freezer. This will be first attempt at a loin. Should I brine it? lf so for how long? Looking to keep it simple. Many thanks.
    18" WSM (2016)
    18" Weber Kettle (1979)
    22" Weber Kettle (2008)
    22" Weber Silver Performer (2014)

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you are right"

Henry Ford

A sweet glaze is good on PL. something like A fruit marmalade (sticky) maybe mix in some finely diced Jalapeños if you like some heat. Brine if you want. Mad Hunky makes awesome brine. Good Luck!

Sure some others will chime in, in Thyme
    sigpic

Comment

If you have a couple days,I’ll send a sample of my Pork Brine. Brining a loin is never a bad call. If you choose not to, be sure to not overcook. 145 is tops.
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Italian dressing for 24 hours marinaded, oil base not fat free. Go low till 130° internal, no fat so they will dry out fast so watch the temp. Let it rest wrapped an hour then devour.

Comment

I concur with brined. Makes a tender meat!

Comment

3 Lb..is it possibly a 2 tenderloin pack? Those are a bit more tender/juicy. A simple glaze/rub will work, but regardless don’t overcook.
            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
              3 Lb..is it possibly a 2 tenderloin pack? Those are a bit more tender/juicy. A simple glaze/rub will work, but regardless don’t overcook.
              Twins are awesome! Done that once!

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post

Originally posted by barleypop View Post
                Twins are awesome! Done that once!
                sigpic

Comment

Brine(MH Pork or NEKKID), season, then a bacon wrap. Don't overcook, cook til 140° IT
                  Jim

Comment

Read a theme here? Don't over cook them.

The MH brines are a staple in my house. The brine, when used over night in a loin is excellent. I think Rich found a great combination of flavors and chemistry that marry it all together for pork. I don't even rinse my pork before cooking. I think that speaks volumes for his brining solutions.

anyway, brine overnight. then slap those bitches into the heat. but for not longer than needed!
                    sigpic

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Comment

You can also use a buttermilk brine on a pork loin....Very good...And don't overcook
                      Craig
                      sigpic

Comment

Has anyone mentioned, don't overcook? Believe me, using Hunky's JAB on a loin sends it to new level.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

What everyone else said. If it's a tenderloin I trim the skinny part off and wrap mine in bacon. No brine. The trimmed pieces get the same treatment. MHGP on the loin and the bacon. If it is an actual loin then MHPB overnight. I pull either at 135 . Loin gets wrapped in foil, covered with a towel and rested for 30. I just tent the tenderloin so the bacon stays kind of crispy. A side tip. I find cutting the bacon wrapped tenderloins with a bread knife to be an easy way to get thinner slices.
                          Weber Smoky Joe
                          18" Weber Silver
                          22.5" Weber Gold
                          22.5" Weber Silver
                          UDS X 2
                          Masterbuilt 30" MES digital
                          Masterbuilt MES 40" digital
                          Masterbuilt cold smoke attachment
                          Char-Broil Big Easy 3 in 1
                          Char-Broil COS with Ron Fischer mods.
                          Dual Char-Broil BBQ Bistros
                          Blackstone three burner flat top
                          5" AMZNPS
                          Vortex x 2
                          Maverick ET 73
                          Maverick ET 732
                          Maverick Pro Temp instant read thermometer
                          Thermo Works Smoke Dual Channel Thermometer
                          Pitmaster iQue 110
                          sigpic

Comment

Pork Loin?!?!

Here's one of the Best I've ever seen!!!
                            http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22797

This is one of about 6 Phil has made---Real Drool Starters!!

Bear
                            Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                            Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Thanks everyone for the great advice. Rich, thanks for the offer, but this baby is going in the smoke tomorrow. BTW, I am just south of you 60 to 70 miles.

The label reads :ALL NATURAL PORK LOIN CENTERCUT HALF BNLS:

Well folks I have a few decision to make here. No matter what, it will get a bacon rap. I'll pull it out of the smoke at 140 and rap it for 30 min. I'll try and post pics if time permits.

Thanks again everyone, I knew I could count on the people in this forum!

Keith
                              18" WSM (2016)
                              18" Weber Kettle (1979)
                              22" Weber Kettle (2008)
                              22" Weber Silver Performer (2014)

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you are right"

Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                              X