Homemade pork roll, version II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homemade pork roll, version II

My first batch of this came out well, but I knew I could improve it. This time I did a regrind after the spices and cure were added. I also used leaner pork and bacon, although store bought. And thirdly I added a bit more encapsulated citrus acid for more pop. These 3 things improved this significantly. No fried pics but the texture is on point, as well as the taste.
    Attached Files
    Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
    My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
    @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Looks great! Fry some up!!!
    Mark
    sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
    Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Looks great Jim bet it tastes the same
      Masterbuilt Stainless Steel 40"
      Weber 22.5" WSM
      Weber Performer W/rotisserie X2
      Weber 22.5" Kettle Silver
      Weber 22.5" Kettle Gold
      Weber 1990 22.5" 3 Wheeler
      Weber 18.5" Kettle
      Weber 18.5" Bud Light Kettle
      Weber Smokey Joe
      GMG Daniel Boone
      Pit Barrel Cooker
      Maverick ET 73 and ET 732
      6X8 A Maze N Smoker and Tube Smoker
      Fastest Themapen on the market BLACK
      The Vortex

Comment

Man, you got this chit down!! Looks grate brutha!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Lookin' good
          Jim

Comment

Yes Sir!
            sigpic

Comment

I really want to try this, I think it'd be right up my alley. One of these days I'll get my sausage room cleaned up.
              sigpic

Comment

Jim that looks fantastic...
                Craig
                sigpic

Comment

Nice! On my list if I can free up the salami chamber.

Comment

That looks just great Jim! I'll have to give you some pork roll .
                    sigpic
                    Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Wow!!

That looks Awesome, Jim!!---

Probably tastes better than store bought, since yours is actually Smoked!!!

Nice Job!!

Bear
                      Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                      Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Thanks guys for all the great comments and points. Appreciate it.

Just one other ingredient I improved on that I didn't mention, the Port wine. I went with a mid-ranged priced Tawny Port this time, not expensive, but I believe that helped as well.
                        If anyone here wants to try this, let me know if you have any questions.
                        Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.

sigpic
                        @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Man that looks good! Some year I'm going to try this! I recently bought a chub of Taylor's and it completely lacked flavor.
                          Mustang electric smoker
                          King Kooker vertical gasser
                          Charbroil silver smoker
                          Earnhardt Jr smoker
                          Brinkman smoke n' grill
                          a-maze-n cold smoker rack

USMC vet 87 - 91

Comment

You've really got my attention now.I was able to get taylors for awhile at the wegmans here,then it disappeared.I'm going to have to try this.Pork Roll and scrapple are a couple of thing I've missed since moving from Philly.Before my Mom passed,I used to bring back a small cooler full when we'd visit.

Comment

Originally posted by 70stang View Post
                              You've really got my attention now.I was able to get taylors for awhile at the wegmans here,then it disappeared.I'm going to have to try this.Pork Roll and scrapple are a couple of thing I've missed since moving from Philly.Before my Mom passed,I used to bring back a small cooler full when we'd visit.
                              It's not really that hard to make, let me know if you need any assistance.

sigpic
                              @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                              X