Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shit 'bout to get real in Squirrelville!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shit 'bout to get real in Squirrelville!

Y'all have no idea how tired I am! I have been working 80 hour weeks for a long time and my break is almost here! After New Years i will have 6-8 weeks off. Woohoo!!! First on the agenda is making sausage. I just ordered rice from LA called popcorn rice and hope to make a boudin. There's a lot on my list to do suggestions are welcome let the experiment begin!!

Dang sister, you deserve a break and let somebody cook for you!! But if you must, pork rinds, and a made from scratch Reuben sandwich to go along with those links!!
    Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
    Yoder YS640
    Weber Genesis
    Weber 18.5" Kettle
    Weber Performer
    Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Pork rinds for sure and I have two briskets in the freezer. One definitely for pastrami. My sweet sister cooked for me yesterday. It was the best meal I have had in a long time. I want to venture into unchartered waters, but not sure what that might be. I have never done any kind of home brewing. I would love to make some beer. Any home brewers around here?

Comment

Man dang, that some long ass hours. How about a new chicken sausage recipe for us all to try
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
          I would love to make some beer. Any home brewers around here?
          20+ years homebrewing here Squirrel
          Kits, partial mash, all grain, whats your poison.....
          https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

Originally posted by Meat Hunter View Post
            20+ years homebrewing here Squirrel
            Kits, partial mash, all grain, whats your poison.....
            Woohoo!!! Where do I start? Reading books? I could sure use a mentor.

Sensei!!!

Comment

Ahhh brewing. That’ll teach ya to keep things clean fer sher. Even yer fingernails i swear. When ya suck a vac on a carbouy, wash mouth with voddie well!
              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Ya might wanna think about spinning a meatloaf...That's something most folks haven't tried...

Enjoy yer time off and post some pics of your Boudin...I love a good Boudin...
                Craig
                sigpic

Comment

Make sure to presoak all seeds, nuts, grains and legumes before cooking em. It really is a lost practice.

Comment

Woohoo!!! Where do I start? Reading books? I could sure use a mentor.

Sensei!!!
                    Here's a good online book How to Brew

What kind of beer do you want to make? Do you want to start at 1 gallon, or jump in at a 5 gallon batch? How big is your largest stock pot?

Comment

Originally posted by scotth View Post
                      Here's a good online book How to Brew

What kind of beer do you want to make? Do you want to start at 1 gallon, or jump in at a 5 gallon batch? How big is your largest stock pot?
                      I definitely want to start small. I like all kinds of beer. Love IPA

Comment

Good luck with the beer making venture. I always laugh thinking of my first batch I ever made in a plastic 10 gallon garbage can using grocery store blue ribbon malt, potatoes, raisins and bakers yeast. It was the nastiest, yeasty tasting stuff ever. Drank every bit of it though.
                        z
                        sigpic
                        GMG Daniel Boone
                        UDS
                        Weber 22.5" Kettle (blk)
                        Vision Kamado grill
                        Weber Genesis Silver
                        Smokin Tex
                        MES 40 with legs Gen 2.5
                        Maverick ET 732
                        Brown and lime green ThermaPens
                        2 orange ThermoPops
                        A-Maze-N Tube 18"
                        A-Maze-N Smoker 5"x8"
                        Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by zombini View Post
                          Good luck with the beer making venture. I always laugh thinking of my first batch I ever made in a plastic 10 gallon garbage can using grocery store blue ribbon malt, potatoes, raisins and bakers yeast. It was the nastiest, yeasty tasting stuff ever. Drank every bit of it though.
                          z
                          love that response, thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by zombini View Post
                            z

Brewed a few batches in me late 20's. Quality ranged from OMG (Dave will still drink it) to that's pretty dang good.

I have seen on FB there are some pretty cool and apparently easy new machines to brew. Have no idea how they work, butt seem pretty cool and easy
                            sigpic

Comment

I definitely want to start small. I like all kinds of beer. Love IPA
                              Here's an option or two for one gallon IPAs. You'll need a big pot and bottles/caps in addition to the kit. If you want to cap beer bottles, you need new caps and a capper.

I've never used these kits. Here's a link to expanded kit instructions, although it's on another site, it's from a smoked-meat member. And it's a really informative post on using the kits.

Comment

Working...
                              X