Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$4.99 lb Whole Boneless Ribeye..... Count Me In!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeroghd View Post
    I bought a whole ribeye pack like this one time at an unreal price. I will never do it again. It was more gristle shit than anything. If it's too good to be true...It probably is.
    Talked to the butcher about these, and also some Tenderloins I bought whole and cut up. He said it's the same thing they cut their steaks in the case from. They taste great and no more crap than any others I get around here, except for the prime stuff, and I don't buy that due to cost. Works for us, butt to each their own.
    sigpic

Comment

The pics you posted certainly appear to be at least choice grade from what I could see.

On a whim I DL'ed a couple of them and sent them to my son for his opinion and he said if that rib was select or lower he couldn't tell by what he saw. His thinking is that they are probably choice as well but was VERY curious of the source the butcher was using to be able to sell it @ $4.99/# and not be losing on it.

Good score, Fish.
      ==============

Drinking is like playing golf... you'd best be prepared to play every club in your bag.

Steve the Bartender

There are no bad briskets... only poorly executed ones.

Steve the Food Man

Comment

Originally posted by The Great White North View Post
        The pics you posted certainly appear to be at least choice grade from what I could see.

On a whim I DL'ed a couple of them and sent them to my son for his opinion and he said if that rib was select or lower he couldn't tell by what he saw. His thinking is that they are probably choice as well but was VERY curious of the source the butcher was using to be able to sell it @ $4.99/# and not be losing on it.

Good score, Fish.
        I will check who/what the source is next Thyme I get some more, and also the grade/grading, if it is one the packaging.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X