Smoked-Meat Forums

Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Side Items

Side Items Smoked Or Not You Just Need Good Sides.

Main Menu
Module Jump:
Active Threads
0 Ribeyes on my Q
Last Post: Bearcarver
Posted On: 10-16-2017
Replies: 8
Views: 83
0 Ambient temps and cold smoking
Last Post: Richtee
Replies: 3
Views: 78
0 Razor Clam Digging..... Passing Along A NW Tradition
Last Post: Mark R
Replies: 35
Views: 494
0 Poblano's.... when to harvest...Hot Cherry peppers too
Last Post: barkonbutts
Replies: 6
Views: 192
0 After seeing all the awesome salmon threads I have seen lately...
Last Post: THE ICEMAN
Replies: 11
Views: 159
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,370 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 42,717 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 640,299 Polls 36
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...
Old 06-07-2012, 04:24 AM
veni, vidi, varius

Hoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To All
Hoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To All
Default Spaghetti and squash side...or entree

Here's a nice little dish that will come in handy when all that zuccini and summer squash starts coming in.
You can make it in the time it takes to boil pasta and it's a darned tasty dish.

Here's what you'll need to get started....this is a very quick meal by the way.

Get your water on to boil and get the pasta cooking as soon as you can...while the water is heating you can julienne the squash with your mandoline, chiffonade the basil and slice several cloves of garlic.

Heat about 3 Tbsp evoo in your large skillet and saute' the sliced garlic for about 30 seconds.

Then add the squash and cook for 2-3 minutes

Add about 2 Tbsp lemon juice and cook until squash is done (another couple of minutes) and toss with hot spaghetti, basil and some shredded pecorino romano...I also seasoned with salt and pepper.

This was a very tasty dish and would benefit with the addition of shrimp, scallops or chicken breast.

If you tossed it in some Italian dressing and added some fresh cucumber, pepper, celery or the like it would become a killer cold spaghetti salad.

Thanks for looking!

Smoked-Meat certified Sausagehead

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1443745685

Last edited by Hoser; 08-07-2017 at 04:18 AM.

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 06-07-2012, 04:38 AM

1Cavman Is  A Name Known To All
1Cavman Is  A Name Known To All1Cavman Is  A Name Known To All1Cavman Is  A Name Known To All1Cavman Is  A Name Known To All1Cavman Is  A Name Known To All1Cavman Is  A Name Known To All1Cavman Is  A Name Known To All1Cavman Is  A Name Known To All1Cavman Is  A Name Known To All1Cavman Is  A Name Known To All1Cavman Is  A Name Known To All1Cavman Is  A Name Known To All1Cavman Is  A Name Known To All1Cavman Is  A Name Known To All1Cavman Is  A Name Known To All1Cavman Is  A Name Known To All

Yes Sir....
That's really nice. Defiantly on the list. Easy, tasty

Old 06-07-2012, 05:36 AM
Orycteropus Bbqensis

curious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To All
curious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
If you tossed it in some Italian dressing and added some fresh cucumber, pepper, celery or the like it would become a killer cold spaghetti salad.
Now there's an idea for my bbq list !

Damn it man, how come every dish you cook is something I want to try ?

Ands apart from soup I'm not that keen on squash and won't touch zucchini at all if I don't have to.

Have some inspiration (again lol)

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head
Old 06-07-2012, 07:37 AM
Tinkerer of Smoke

MichChef Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherMichChef Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherMichChef Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherMichChef Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherMichChef Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherMichChef Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherMichChef Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherMichChef Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Teacher

Man, I could make a meal outta that!

"This was a very tasty dish and would benefit with the addition of shrimp, scallops or chicken breast." Don't forget BACON!
Old 06-07-2012, 07:48 AM
Pit Master

tadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To All
tadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To All

I think it's a great entree! Nice work!

Humphrey's Pint
Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5"
Weber Spirit SP-310 Gas Grill
Anova One Sous Vide
AMPS
Purple Thermapen
Maverick ET-733
DigIQ DX2
Misfit #1674

Old 06-07-2012, 07:53 AM
I like meat

Squirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To All
Squirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To All

That's an awesome dish Hoser!
Old 06-07-2012, 09:17 AM
Pit Master

sweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To All
sweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To All

Looks great!

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Chargriller Duo w/ SFB
Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
Weber Smokey Joe
Brinkman Electric Smoker
Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
Pink Thermapen
Purple Thermapen
Old 06-08-2012, 03:33 AM
veni, vidi, varius

Hoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To All
Hoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
Now there's an idea for my bbq list !

Damn it man, how come every dish you cook is something I want to try ?

Ands apart from soup I'm not that keen on squash and won't touch zucchini at all if I don't have to.

Have some inspiration (again lol)
I guess great minds just tend to think alike Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichChef View Post
Man, I could make a meal outta that!

"This was a very tasty dish and would benefit with the addition of shrimp, scallops or chicken breast." Don't forget BACON!
OMG! yessssss bacon!

Old 06-08-2012, 03:42 AM
In Memoriam

Fire it up Is  A Name Known To AllFire it up Is  A Name Known To AllFire it up Is  A Name Known To All
Fire it up Is  A Name Known To AllFire it up Is  A Name Known To AllFire it up Is  A Name Known To AllFire it up Is  A Name Known To AllFire it up Is  A Name Known To AllFire it up Is  A Name Known To AllFire it up Is  A Name Known To AllFire it up Is  A Name Known To AllFire it up Is  A Name Known To AllFire it up Is  A Name Known To All

Just picked off my first yellow squash today, zukes have about another week until they are out of control so will be overwhelmed with them pretty soon, this is definitely something I gotta try! Bookmarked for sure

Old 07-22-2012, 05:27 AM
veni, vidi, varius

I've made this several times since the initial recipe....here's the result with some shrimp dusted with all around rub and grilled on top.

I also served it cold with the addition of hot peppadews, diced cucumber, green olives and tossed with a garlic-herb vinaigrette (sorry, no pics)....all were worthy of trying at least once.

This is now a go-to dish for us all summer long.

Last edited by Hoser; 08-07-2017 at 04:19 AM.
Old 07-22-2012, 09:25 AM
Lake & BBQ Baby!!

barkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To All
barkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To All

Heck yeah that look right tasty!! Super meal and one many different combos could be used!! Thanks for this one!

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
Yoder YS640
Weber Genesis
Weber 18.5" Kettle
Weber Performer
Misfit # 1899

Old 07-22-2012, 03:40 PM
Biltong King

Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All
Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All

This has gotta be Killer
Old 01-16-2016, 08:40 AM
<--- Me Li'l Sous Chef

HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All
HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All

I missed this post first thyme around... this looks KILLER!!

~ P4 ~

There are good ships and wood ships,
The ships that sail the sea,
But the best ships are friendships,
And may they always be.

http://www.hhsbbq.com
Old 01-16-2016, 11:45 AM
I got nothin

SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All
SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All

Im thinkin this will work well with some Soba noodles (lower carbs than regular pasta) and some grilled shrimp for sure...
Old 01-18-2016, 07:17 PM
Let's Rock Louie!

Slanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To All
Slanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To All

quite nice! be a fine change up taste!

Old 05-11-2017, 10:18 PM
Rub Mixer

MrsB Is  A Name Known To AllMrsB Is  A Name Known To AllMrsB Is  A Name Known To AllMrsB Is  A Name Known To AllMrsB Is  A Name Known To AllMrsB Is  A Name Known To AllMrsB Is  A Name Known To AllMrsB Is  A Name Known To AllMrsB Is  A Name Known To AllMrsB Is  A Name Known To AllMrsB Is  A Name Known To AllMrsB Is  A Name Known To AllMrsB Is  A Name Known To AllMrsB Is  A Name Known To AllMrsB Is  A Name Known To AllMrsB Is  A Name Known To AllMrsB Is  A Name Known To AllMrsB Is  A Name Known To AllMrsB Is  A Name Known To AllMrsB Is  A Name Known To AllMrsB Is  A Name Known To AllMrsB Is  A Name Known To AllMrsB Is  A Name Known To AllMrsB Is  A Name Known To All

Bumping this as a possible Mother's Day side dish..

Anyone that has done this as a cold version, did you keep the cheese added at the end of the cook? I am thinking no, but wanting confirmation
Old 05-12-2017, 04:19 AM
veni, vidi, varius

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsB View Post
Bumping this as a possible Mother's Day side dish..

Anyone that has done this as a cold version, did you keep the cheese added at the end of the cook? I am thinking no, but wanting confirmation
If you're using it as a cold salad, I omit the parmesan and just dress it as I would any pasta salad.

Old 05-12-2017, 08:34 AM
Rub Mixer

MrsB Is  A Name Known To AllMrsB Is  A Name Known To AllMrsB Is  A Name Known To AllMrsB Is  A Name Known To AllMrsB Is  A Name Known To AllMrsB Is  A Name Known To AllMrsB Is  A Name Known To AllMrsB Is  A Name Known To AllMrsB Is  A Name Known To AllMrsB Is  A Name Known To AllMrsB Is  A Name Known To AllMrsB Is  A Name Known To AllMrsB Is  A Name Known To AllMrsB Is  A Name Known To AllMrsB Is  A Name Known To AllMrsB Is  A Name Known To AllMrsB Is  A Name Known To AllMrsB Is  A Name Known To AllMrsB Is  A Name Known To AllMrsB Is  A Name Known To AllMrsB Is  A Name Known To AllMrsB Is  A Name Known To AllMrsB Is  A Name Known To AllMrsB Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoser View Post
If you're using it as a cold salad, I omit the parmesan and just dress it as I would any pasta salad.
Exactly what I needed to know!! Thank you sir!!
Old 08-07-2017, 04:20 AM
veni, vidi, varius

repaired and bumped

phuck you photobucket!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Side Items

Tags
pasta, quick, salad, squash, vegetarian