No announcement yet.

Thoughts on this knife set ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fake or not...............do you make sushi and/or lots of small precise cuts? if not why bother 'cuz for everyday knives these will take you for ever to get through any sizable jobs. the 7'' nakiri will not do big jobs well and will make your hands tired real quick. like wrenches and screwdrivers pick the right tool for the right job. that being said i love tools and gadgets but i have other knives that will do what these 3 will rather well and they will do things these won't do at all...........
    sigpic
    it's all good my friend..........

Comment

Thanks for all the replies with advice an opinions ! Was exactly what I wanted to hear. .....I will be staying away from this deal.

Thanks again !!
      Larry

Comment

Originally posted by buckeyesmoker View Post
        Thanks for all the replies with advice an opinions ! Was exactly what I wanted to hear. .....I will be staying away from this deal.

Thanks again !!
        Larry
        Good move.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

True japanese knives are incredible kitchen tools.

But I am sure you may already know about this, they are very specialized tools. For instance, many of them are single bevel edged, which will give you a very different feel when cutting, and also you will need to buy either right-hand knives or left-hand knives.

Try them out first before spending, as was suggested by many.

dcarch

Comment

Originally posted by zeroghd View Post
            If it sounds too good to be true...It probably is.

That's a big +1 there, good buddy.
            ==============

Drinking is like playing golf... you'd best be prepared to play every club in your bag.

Steve the Bartender

There are no bad briskets... only poorly executed ones.

Steve the Food Man

Comment

What one blade-dedicated forum had to say in one thread about this "deal"...

http://www.bladeforums.com/threads/w...steel.1505916/

Probably best to just seek open waters there, Big Tuna.
              ==============

Drinking is like playing golf... you'd best be prepared to play every club in your bag.

Steve the Bartender

There are no bad briskets... only poorly executed ones.

Steve the Food Man

Comment

All my knives are miss-matched. I bought them all at a restaurant supply in singles. I like this style in this brand and this style in this brand Heck I just deboned a butt with my Rapala, my favorite for that chore. If I can't touch them I wont buy them except for my steak knives I got from Amazon, they are wicked!
                https://smile.amazon.com/Miracle-Bla...%2Bknives&th=1

Comment

Working...
                X