Nothing to see here. Except a couple burgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing to see here. Except a couple burgers

Well the other day I broke down and ordered the 22" blackstone from HSN because it was on sale for $130 with free shipping. I also bought a nice foldable cook table so I can take both of them camping.

The griddle fits nicely on top and it has four side tables and a rack underneath to hold things. I think it'll work out perfectly. So I grabbed some flax oil at the store and gave it 4 or 5 coats of seasoning. Still feels a little rough to me but hopefully it'll get better with time.

I was hoping to do something good for a test run but all we had was frozen preformed burgers, so those will have to do

Things were going good, but seemed like they were taking forever to cook. Finally got them to where I wanted to flip them though. They stuck a little, not too bad. Probably because I didn't use any oil when putting them on. But when I flipped them I got no sizzle at all. Well no wonder it was taking so long. Out of propane. Those little cans don't last too long on this monster. Found a backup bottle and proceeded with the cook.

No finished pics because I was HUNGRY! Lol. First impressions are I like it a whole lot better than the cheap electric griddle I have been using. More even heat and no constant cycling on and off of the element. Going to take a bit to get used to but I like it! Taking it camping this weekend for a full run. Might have to upgrade the trailer from one propane tank to two though!! :)
    Mike
    Life In Pit Row

Aww...cute burgers

Yeah.. seems one might wanna 20 lb tank adaptor for that eh.
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
      Aww...cute burgers

Yeah.. seems one might wanna 20 lb tank adaptor for that eh.
      aren't they cute? package says 1/4 lb but I think they forgot to calibrate their scale. Seem mighty small to me.

It came with one. Trouble is my only 20 lb tank is on my trailer at my parents house 20 minutes away guess I need to invest in another one for around here.
      Mike
      Life In Pit Row

Comment

Very nice Looks like a winner
        Jim

Comment

Sweet score Mike!

Try CL for a used 20lb tank. I got 1 only 10 mins from me used for $10, Handy to have. Those disposable tanks can get spendy.

I think you will love it! Bacon, bacon, bacon....

Cute burgers too!
          sigpic

Comment

I seem to be the only person that can't seem to find one of these in stock. The more I keep seeing these cooks posted the more I want one.
            Bored Guy Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Jailer View Post
              I seem to be the only person that can't seem to find one of these in stock. The more I keep seeing these cooks posted the more I want one.
              yeah I've been checking HSN every day since I bought mine and they've been out since. Hopefully they come back in stock soon.
              Mike
              Life In Pit Row

Comment

Originally posted by Jailer View Post
                Soon enough I will be the only one here without my own Blackstone

OK though...I got plenty of toys/options to play with...
                Craig
                sigpic

Comment

Not understand shape!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Like that table too
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post

No Craiger you are not alone. I'm not in the market for one. Butt I do have a stainless that fits on me camp stove, haveta get it out and pic it!
                      Mark
                      sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                      Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post

No, I won't have one either. I got rid of a large stainless grill because of lack of use.
                        Jim

Comment

Well, I've talked meself oot of one, due to the fact I have no room to store it, and it wood knot get used much. I have other toys as Craig said...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Funky burgers...Great griddle...I like the table
                            Craig
                            sigpic

Comment

Here’s an option... A bud is now importing the whole line into AU. Made in Cincinnati too :{)

https://www.amazon.com/Arteflame-855...ords=arteflame
                              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Working...
                              X