Summer Sausage and Snack Sticks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer Sausage and Snack Sticks

Decided to give Summer Sausage a try figuring the Sausage would be good for appetizers during Christmas and the Sticks would be nice to munch on while driving.
    Summer Sausage was a 50/50 blend of lean beef and pork shoulder. The Sticks ended up about 60/40, just how it worked out.
    10# batches of each which were further split into 4 batches,
    5# Sausage straight seasoning
    5# Sausage seasoning plus hi temp cheese and dried jalapeņo
    5# Sticks straight seasoning
    5# Sticks seasoning plus dried jalapeņo and a TBLS of Smitty's
    Gives me a nice baseline for future batches.
    Fibrous casings for the Summer Sausage, collagen for the Sticks. Sausage got smoke and heat in the MES40 for 4 hours then took an hour bath in the SV at 152. Sticks went full term in the MES40 until IT of 152 was hit.
    Necessity is the mother of all invention and with only 4 racks, I had to get creative and add 2 additional racks. And it gave me an excuse to drink a few beers. During the initial grind and stuffing session, I cold smoked some cheese to go along with the Sausage and Sticks. Multitasking at its finest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow that looks wonderful! Poi-nts for the fine work there!!
    Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
    Yoder YS640
    Weber Genesis
    Weber 18.5" Kettle
    Weber Performer
    Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Nice job! That deserves some
      Ed

Smoke Vault 24
      Vermont Castings Gas Grill
      Thermoworks Smoke
      The "Fastest" Orange Thermapen around!
      The Neighbor's 36" Blackstone

Comment

Originally posted by strength_and_power View Post
        And it gave me an excuse to drink a few beers.
        No better excuse I say Looks great S&P
        ~ George Burns

sigpic

Comment

Those came out looking awesome. Not sure what points are but I'd say you've earned them.

Comment

That's some mighty fine looking SS there.
            ---------------------------------------------------
            I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
            ---------------------------------------------------
            KCBS CBJ

Comment

Dang it man that looks good,,, Very nice job
              Desert Storm Vet - USS Midway CV41 - decom crew.
              1930 Fridge Build
              MES 30" With Mailbox Mod
              Therma Pen
              Maverick 732
              Mini Therma Pen
              Frog Mats
              Weber Junior
              AMPS & AMPTS

Comment

Double post

Comment

Originally posted by TKOBBQ View Post
                  Those came out looking awesome. Not sure what points are but I'd say you've earned them.

In a not shell, it is kind of a like button.. When you approve of someones post or they have done an outstanding job on something you can give them points or take away points if you feel they have done a bad job.. When you do you can place an comment in the reputation box.. You have to click on the scales that are in the gray tool bar of each post.. We you get points or reputation your green pips add up and then turn to different color stars on the right side of your posts..

You can read what the other members have said about your posts when they approve if you go to your User CP in the red tool bar at the top of the page..

Hope this helps..
                  Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

As I sit here savoring one of my red ipa's, I cant help but to wish how I had some of them snack sticks right about NOW. Nice job
                    https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
                      In a not shell, it is kind of a like button.. When you approve of someones post or they have done an outstanding job on something you can give them points or take away points if you feel they have done a bad job.. When you do you can place an comment in the reputation box.. You have to click on the scales that are in the gray tool bar of each post.. We you get points or reputation your green pips add up and then turn to different color stars on the right side of your posts..

You can read what the other members have said about your posts when they approve if you go to your User CP in the red tool bar at the top of the page..

Hope this helps..
                      Thanks, I'm usually on Tapatalk and don't see it on here. I'll have to pull my laptop out and look at it on there.

Comment

Originally posted by Meat Hunter View Post
                        As I sit here savoring one of my red ipa's, I cant help but to wish how I had some of them snack sticks right about NOW. Nice job

One of the cans I used to make the second tier was from a double IPA. Beer went into a glass and can into the smoker. Everybody wins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TKOBBQ View Post
                          Thanks, I'm usually on Tapatalk and don't see it on here. I'll have to pull my laptop out and look at it on there.
                          I think I have heard that points don't work on Taptalk...
                          Craig
                          sigpic

Comment

^^^^ Thanks

Comment

Working...
                            X