Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...
Old 12-19-2017, 10:18 AM
Pit Masters Assistant

strength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To All
strength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To All
Default Summer Sausage and Snack Sticks

Decided to give Summer Sausage a try figuring the Sausage would be good for appetizers during Christmas and the Sticks would be nice to munch on while driving.
Summer Sausage was a 50/50 blend of lean beef and pork shoulder. The Sticks ended up about 60/40, just how it worked out.
10# batches of each which were further split into 4 batches,
5# Sausage straight seasoning
5# Sausage seasoning plus hi temp cheese and dried jalapeņo
5# Sticks straight seasoning
5# Sticks seasoning plus dried jalapeņo and a TBLS of Smitty's
Gives me a nice baseline for future batches.
Fibrous casings for the Summer Sausage, collagen for the Sticks. Sausage got smoke and heat in the MES40 for 4 hours then took an hour bath in the SV at 152. Sticks went full term in the MES40 until IT of 152 was hit.
Necessity is the mother of all invention and with only 4 racks, I had to get creative and add 2 additional racks. And it gave me an excuse to drink a few beers. During the initial grind and stuffing session, I cold smoked some cheese to go along with the Sausage and Sticks. Multitasking at its finest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 12-19-2017, 10:24 AM
Lake & BBQ Baby!!

barkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To All
barkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To All

Wow that looks wonderful! Poi-nts for the fine work there!!

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
Yoder YS640
Weber Genesis
Weber 18.5" Kettle
Weber Performer
Misfit # 1899

Old 12-19-2017, 10:46 AM
Rub Mixer

Smooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To All
Smooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To All

Nice job! That deserves some

Smoke Vault 24
Vermont Castings Grill
Thermoworks Smoke
Old 12-19-2017, 10:47 AM
Pit Masters Assistant

Uncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To All
Uncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by strength_and_power View Post
And it gave me an excuse to drink a few beers.
No better excuse I say Looks great S&P

Old 12-19-2017, 12:45 PM
Pit Masters Assistant

TKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To All
TKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllTKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllTKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllTKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllTKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To All

Those came out looking awesome. Not sure what points are but I'd say you've earned them.
Old 12-19-2017, 01:06 PM
Pit Master

Zeeker Is  A Name Known To All
Zeeker Is  A Name Known To AllZeeker Is  A Name Known To AllZeeker Is  A Name Known To AllZeeker Is  A Name Known To AllZeeker Is  A Name Known To AllZeeker Is  A Name Known To AllZeeker Is  A Name Known To AllZeeker Is  A Name Known To All

That's some mighty fine looking SS there.
KCBS CBJ
Zeek
Old 12-19-2017, 01:55 PM
Pit Masters Assistant

Location: Lewiston, ID. Can see three states from office window.
driedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To All
driedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To All

Dang it man that looks good,,, Very nice job
Therma Pen
Maverick 732
Mini Therma Pen
Frog Mats
Weber Junior
AMPS & AMPTS
Old 12-19-2017, 02:26 PM
Pit Masters Assistant

TKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllTKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllTKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllTKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllTKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To All

Double post
Old 12-19-2017, 06:37 PM
Mistfit ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

Texas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To All
Texas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKOBBQ View Post
Those came out looking awesome. Not sure what points are but I'd say you've earned them.

In a not shell, it is kind of a like button.. When you approve of someones post or they have done an outstanding job on something you can give them points or take away points if you feel they have done a bad job.. When you do you can place an comment in the reputation box.. You have to click on the scales that are in the gray tool bar of each post.. We you get points or reputation your green pips add up and then turn to different color stars on the right side of your posts..

You can read what the other members have said about your posts when they approve if you go to your User CP in the red tool bar at the top of the page..

Hope this helps..

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Old 12-19-2017, 06:50 PM
PBR me ASAP

Meat Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllMeat Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllMeat Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllMeat Hunter Is  A Name Known To All
Meat Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllMeat Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllMeat Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllMeat Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllMeat Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllMeat Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllMeat Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllMeat Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllMeat Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllMeat Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllMeat Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllMeat Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllMeat Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllMeat Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllMeat Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllMeat Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllMeat Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllMeat Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllMeat Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllMeat Hunter Is  A Name Known To All

As I sit here savoring one of my red ipa's, I cant help but to wish how I had some of them snack sticks right about NOW. Nice job
Old 12-19-2017, 07:43 PM
Pit Masters Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
In a not shell, it is kind of a like button.. When you approve of someones post or they have done an outstanding job on something you can give them points or take away points if you feel they have done a bad job.. When you do you can place an comment in the reputation box.. You have to click on the scales that are in the gray tool bar of each post.. We you get points or reputation your green pips add up and then turn to different color stars on the right side of your posts..

You can read what the other members have said about your posts when they approve if you go to your User CP in the red tool bar at the top of the page..

Hope this helps..
Thanks, I'm usually on Tapatalk and don't see it on here. I'll have to pull my laptop out and look at it on there.
Old 12-19-2017, 08:59 PM
Pit Masters Assistant

strength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To All
strength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat Hunter View Post
As I sit here savoring one of my red ipa's, I cant help but to wish how I had some of them snack sticks right about NOW. Nice job

One of the cans I used to make the second tier was from a double IPA. Beer went into a glass and can into the smoker. Everybody wins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-19-2017, 10:10 PM
Cookin with fire

SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All
SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKOBBQ View Post
Thanks, I'm usually on Tapatalk and don't see it on here. I'll have to pull my laptop out and look at it on there.
I think I have heard that points don't work on Taptalk...

Craig
Old 12-20-2017, 09:40 AM
Pit Masters Assistant

^^^^ Thanks

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Sausage Heads