No announcement yet.

ok so trying to decide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have had my YS640 for over 3 years now and am extremely satisfied with it. Built like a tank (weighs over 300 pounds) and consistently produces excellent food. I have a thermal jacket on mine and I cook on it year round on my back porch. When I was first looking at pellet cookers, I looked at serveral others including Mak, GM, RecTec, Traeger and cookshack, but chose the Yoder for its quality and incredible customer service. For the money you can't go wrong with the Yoder, best bang for the buck in my opinion and built here in the USA. I have had 2 problems with mine the entire time that I have owned it... a thermocoupler failure and an ignitor rod failure, both of which you could expect to fail on a mechanical cooker.... as a result I now have spares

No matter what you get, as long as you are happy with it, then that is all that matters.
    Smokem if you got em

Yoder YS640
    Weber EP-310 Gasser Grill
    A-Maz-N-Pellet-Smoker (AMZNPS)
    A-Maz-N-Tube-Smoker (AMZNTS)
    Frogmats
    Maverick ET 732
    Super Fast Purple Thermopen

Deano

"May the thin blue smoke be with you"

sigpic

Comment

ok i guess i need to hint to the wife more on the yoder. the weather shouldn't effect me to much. never really dips below 55 or so in my yard. i will keep you guys in the loop.

thanks

Comment

You can do about the same thing for a lot less by buying a used propane stove on Craigslist, and putting one of these inside:
        Amazing Smoker Many Pellet grill users add these inside for more smoke anyhow, so you'd probably need one anyhow....

Bonus to this approach is no software or electronic component issues, or recalls to deal with, and fewer moving parts to replace..........
        Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

Originally posted by IrishChef View Post
          You can do about the same thing for a lot less by buying a used propane stove on Craigslist, and putting one of these inside:
          Amazing Smoker Many Pellet grill users add these inside for more smoke anyhow, so you'd probably need one anyhow....

Bonus to this approach is no software or electronic component issues, or recalls to deal with, and fewer moving parts to replace..........
          As I said... WSM... simple, no electrics, no moving parts, and no break the bank roll.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Yoder for sure. I got mine in March this year and absolutely love it. Very versatile and built like a tank. No matter what I throw in it, it comes out consistently awesome.
            Arron W.

YS 640
            Primo Oval XL
            Lone Star Grillz 30x36 cabinet smoker
            Not so Ugly Drum Smoker
            Weber Copper Top
            Old Smokey
            Orion
            Gasser
            2 Sack Crawfish Boiler by R&V Works
            24" Disco with custom burner
            Red Thermapen
            2-Maverick ET-733
            Orange Thermoworks Smoke

R.I.P my little buddy Zazu. 10/4/2020. We miss you.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X