Picture Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bearcarver View Post
    I wish we had an easy to use Pic posting thingy on this Forum, so we could invest our Pics in the Forum, instead of some fly-by-night Money Maker Pic Site.

Bear
    You might very soon.
    Bored Guy Blog

Comment

I just tried that.
      Is it only good for Thumbnails that have to be clicked on to see?

Bear
      You can preview the post, right click on the photo and select "copy image location", then post as usual using the image function. Kind-of a PIA but it will work.

on edit, not sure how that works on a Mac.
      Mark
      sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
      Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

I just tried that.
        Is it only good for Thumbnails that have to be clicked on to see?

Bear
        When you upload the pics a picture code will show up in the 'Attach Files' box. It will appear similar to a URL link & in fact that is kind of what it is. If you click on that a new window should open with the full sized pic. You can then just drag & drop over to your post & wrap it in [IMG][/IMG] brackets.

Here's your pic full size... Sorta...
        Attached Files

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
        Paul

Comment

Originally posted by BYBBQ View Post
          Kodak Gallery(Easy Share 2011) was shut down on July 2, 2012. Photos were transferred to Shutterfly.

I hope you followed all the steps sent to you by Shutterfly back then needed to preserve your photos in a new Shutterfly account.

Pam had some vacation pics that were changed over to Shutterfly. Pics were there, but they were all stored in reduced sizes and no way to get the originals back or downloaded. Seemed like it took forever to download each pic to a file on the computer. That's when I realized the pics were stored at a reduced size.

It will be easier to download the pics from PB. At least they will be in there original sizes. Also your pics are not lost on PB. You can still see and download them, you just can't link them.

She learned her lesson about keeping a backup file of her pics.

Good luck
          I never got anything from Shutterfly about changing over. Been using the old Kodak for years. This pic is one I just took from Kodak and uploaded to Flickr.

<script async="" src="https://widgets.flickr.com/embedr/embedr-4110feef4aefd18270192d8aeba3ff41.js"></script><script async="" src="https://embedr.flickr.com/assets/embedr-loader.js"></script><script async="" src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
          sigpic
          Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
            I never got anything from Shutterfly about changing over. Been using the old Kodak for years. This pic is one I just took from Kodak and uploaded to Flickr.

<script async="" src="https://widgets.flickr.com/embedr/embedr-4110feef4aefd18270192d8aeba3ff41.js"></script><script async="" src="https://embedr.flickr.com/assets/embedr-loader.js"></script><script async="" src="https://widgets.flickr.com/embedr/embedr-4110feef4aefd18270192d8aeba3ff41.js"></script><script async="" src="https://widgets.flickr.com/embedr/embedr-4110feef4aefd18270192d8aeba3ff41.js"></script><script async="" src="https://embedr.flickr.com/assets/embedr-loader.js"></script><script async="" src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
            Is this the Kodak file on your computer or do you go online to access the pics?
            Jim

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
              Looks like it's working for ya Keith...

ICEMAN got me using www.postimage.org

Cant believe I battled with PB for so many years...
              I'm using postimage.org now as well....WAY easier than photophuckit
              sigpic

Smoked-Meat certified Sausagehead

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1443745685

Comment

Is this the Kodak file on your computer or do you go online to access the pics?

This is on my computer. I have never gone on line to access it. Guess maybe that's the difference? It looks like postimage is the preferred site so guess I'll try that for awhile. Thanks folks for all the help.
                Edit: That works just fine.

Last edited by Bassman; 08-02-2017, 07:50 AM.
                sigpic
                Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
                  This is on my computer. I have never gone on line to access it. Guess maybe that's the difference? It looks like postimage is the preferred site so guess I'll try that for awhile. Thanks folks for all the help.
                  Edit: That works just fine.

Yes that is the difference.
                  You have no need to even mess with PB, you still have all you pic on your computer.
                  Jim

Comment

Originally posted by THE ICEMAN View Post
                    When you upload the pics a picture code will show up in the 'Attach Files' box. It will appear similar to a URL link & in fact that is kind of what it is. If you click on that a new window should open with the full sized pic. You can then just drag & drop over to your post & wrap it in [IMG][/IMG] brackets.

[IMG]/Users/user/Desktop/IMG_1311.jpg[/IMG]

First Try Didn't work.
                    Attached Files
                    Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                    Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
                      You can preview the post, right click on the photo and select "copy image location", then post as usual using the image function. Kind-of a PIA but it will work.

on edit, not sure how that works on a Mac.

Didn't work----Couldn't find a "Copy Image Location".
                      Attached Files
                      Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Comment

Sheesh...

Originally posted by THE ICEMAN View Post

[IMG]/Users/user/Desktop/IMG_1311.jpg[/IMG]

First Try Didn't work.
                        Alright John, let's try this again... I feel like I'm writing a tutorial on smoking a prime rib or something...

After you upload a pic file or files from your computer, you should see something like this...

If you click on either one of the codes that pop up, as shown inside the circles, it should open up a new window displaying your picture. Simply drag the new window off to the side & then capture, drag & drop your image over to the first window where you're formulating your post & then wrap that in the [IMG][/IMG] brackets. What you end up with is your picture...

You would need to repeat the process if you upload multiple pics. It may seem a bit involved to start with bhut after you do it a few times it becomes pretty easy. I'm doing this all on a MacBook Pro using Safari so the process should be the same for you...
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by THE ICEMAN; 08-02-2017, 02:04 PM. Reason: Added goodness

My --->
                        Paul

Comment

Didn't work----Couldn't find a "Copy Image Location".
                          It might not work like that on a Mac! Sorry!

Ice, does the right click function the same on a Mac? I'm Macilliterate!
                          Mark
                          sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                          Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

THANKS

Thanks for taking the time to help me, Ice !!!
                            I'll try it again tomorrow when I have more time.

Thank you for trying too, Mark!!

Bear

Comment

Kodak Gallery(Easy Share 2011) was shut down on July 2, 2012. Photos were transferred to Shutterfly.

I hope you followed all the steps sent to you by Shutterfly back then needed to preserve your photos in a new Shutterfly account.

Pam had some vacation pics that were changed over to Shutterfly. Pics were there, but they were all stored in reduced sizes and no way to get the originals back or downloaded. Seemed like it took forever to download each pic to a file on the computer. That's when I realized the pics were stored at a reduced size.

It will be easier to download the pics from PB. At least they will be in there original sizes. Also your pics are not lost on PB. You can still see and download them, you just can't link them.

She learned her lesson about keeping a backup file of her pics.

Good luck
                              I have a dedicated drive on my PC for my pictures. And, I back them up on another drive. Be safe folks. Be safe. Don't trust freeware.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                                Looks like it's working for ya Keith...

ICEMAN got me using www.postimage.org

Cant believe I battled with PB for so many years...

Originally posted by Hoser View Post
                                I'm using postimage.org now as well....WAY easier than photophuckit

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
                                I have a dedicated drive on my PC for my pictures. And, I back them up on another drive. Be safe folks. Be safe. Don't trust freeware.
                                Please pay heed to what Phil advises. Back up your pics if they are something you wish to keep.
                                Postimage is a site I stumbled upon one day, I have no idea how permanent they are. I just don't want a bunch of you coming after me with torches & pitchforks because I recommended it.

My --->
                                Paul

Comment

Working...
                                X