Stuffed Loin & Tri Tip for the going under party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuffed Loin & Tri Tip for the going under party

Since the time has come and I'm going in for my prostate surgery, I wanted to do a party for close friends & family. I dont know ho long before we can do another party so why not go out with a good one? Im currently sitting around waiting on 9 Am to get to the hospital, so I needed to get this posted.

Qued up some of my favs - Tri Tip & Stuffed pork loin
    The loin cut & unrolled. I wasnt on top of my knife skills on this one.

Started with some T dust & Horseradish cheese

Next some sauted red onions, garlic & bell pepper and of course, some Italian sausage.

Topped it off with some chopped cooked spinach, panko, and grated parmesean cheese

Rolled & ready to go I went with Bone suckin rub on the outside of this one.

Tri tip was marinated overnight in garlic & lemon marinade with some Lime and orange juice added. Dusted with T Dust smoked on the Yoder with a Cherry pecan mix pellets.

Oh yeah. Lookin good

Had a hard time keeping the gang out of this long enough to get some pics.

The feast read to be devoured. Complemented with Mrs Otis' cheesy potatoes, pasta salad, beans, and a garden salad. Tasty!!

And the money plate

I dont know when I'll be able to do this agian, so I wanted to make it count, Came out mighty tasty!

Thanks for looking
    Mike
    Proud to be I.B.E.W.

PCa Sucks - But I WILL, No DID beat this!!

Yoder YS640
    POS ChinaMasterbuilt XL (demoted to cold smoking duty)
    Bull Big Bahanga gas grill

Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most!

Wow, that's beautiful!!

Sorry to hear you have to go under the knife... good luck to you and prayers headed your way!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Very nice looking cook, excellent work!
      Hope all goes well with surgery and we see you back cooking up a storm soon.
      --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
      www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

That's a beautiful cook right there! Hope all goes well with your surgery. My BIL recently had that same surgery, all went well, but took him a few weeks to get moving around like his old self again. Take it easy and we'll be sending you prayers and lots of hugs!!!

Comment

All I can say is
          Smokem if you got em

Yoder YS640
          Weber EP-310 Gasser Grill
          A-Maz-N-Pellet-Smoker (AMZNPS)
          A-Maz-N-Tube-Smoker (AMZNTS)
          Frogmats
          Maverick ET 732
          Super Fast Purple Thermopen

Deano

"May the thin blue smoke be with you"

sigpic

Comment

Great meal for a party!! The stuff loin looks fantastic! Good luck with your surgery...I'll keep you in my prayers and hope for a speedy recovery!
            Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
            Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
            1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
            Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
            Weber Smokey Joe
            Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
            Pink Thermapen
            Purple Thermapen

Comment

Best of luck & prayers on the way, Mike!!!

BTW: Awesome Vittles you got there, and your Stuffed Pork Loin looks way better than mine did!!!-------------

Hang in there, Buddy!!

Bear
              Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
              Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

That is one heck of a great cook.
                Hope all goes well with the surgery, keeping you in my thoughts.
                sigpic
                BGE XL
                BGE Mini
                MAK 1 star #385
                Bradley OBS w/Mods
                Weber 22.5 WSM
                Weber 22.5 Kettle
                Pit Barrel Cooker
                La Caja China
                Mini-WSM

Comment

I wish you the best with the surgery Sir, thoughts and Prayers are with you. My oldest younger brother had this surgery and he's playing golf 3 to 4 times a week.
                  Steve

Comment

Good gig Mike! Linda Lou is the bestest in the prayer gig...we got you covered...
                    Sunset Eagle Aviation
                    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Beautiful meal! I know two guys who had this surgery and both are doing well. We'll say a prayer for you. Don't give the nurses too much hell!
                      Good One Heritage Oven
                      Weber Performer Deluxe

sigpic

Comment

Thanks everyone for the thoughts & prayers. I just got home this afternoon. They caught the cancer early enough that the surgeon is pretty sure it didnt escape the prostate gland. Has to be confirmed by the pathologist, but it went smooth with none of the usual signs that the disease had progressed. I had some residual internal bleeding that kept me in the hospital for observation for 2 extra days, but it stopped and the blood count is almost back to normal. Now Comes Rehab!! Got a Pee bag for a week, then Im the next Depends poster boy till I gain urinary control.

For those facing this issue an decide on surgery, all I can say is the earlier you deal with it, the better your chances of reaching the "trifecta" (urologist terminology) of being Cancer free, Urinary control and a return to sexual function. I caught mine early enough that Im a candidate for a complete recovery in time.

Thanks again for the support You all are the best!
                        Mike
                        Proud to be I.B.E.W.

PCa Sucks - But I WILL, No DID beat this!!

Yoder YS640
                        POS ChinaMasterbuilt XL (demoted to cold smoking duty)
                        Bull Big Bahanga gas grill

Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most!

Comment

Missed this one

1) Thoughts and prayers sent Mike, you can do it!

2) Awesome cook!
                          sigpic

Comment

Wow! Looks fantastic!! Was hoping you had stuffed the tri tip!
                            Dirtsailor A.K.A. Case

GOSM, (4) Mini-WSM, Mini-ZA, UDS, 1967 Casa Q, StoveTec Rocket Stove, 12" & 18" AMNTS, (2) Mav ET732,
                            iGrill Therm

Comment

I'm sooo happy that you caught it in time. Congats and best wishes for a quick recovery!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Working...
                              X