No announcement yet.

Finally!!! sorry no pics but it f-ing did happen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way to rock it Ryan!! Congrats on the walk, and congrats for having a sweet sister to hep a brutha oot!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Nice Job!!!

Sounds Great !!!

No Pics once in awhile is fine, as long as it doesn't become a habit.

Bear
      Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
      Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

great pic man,,, and congrats on placing...
        I think its cool that you an sis could compete together and did well...
        pretty girl indeed...
        ~All that is gold does not glitter ~ Not all those that wander are lost~
        ~20" Yoder "Swiss Army Knife" Stick Burner~

Comment

Originally posted by IrishChef View Post
          I think I speak for the masses, when I say I could really care less about any pic you post, unless it has your sister in it.....
          yep - looks like a young carrie fisher - and that's no bad thing

Major congrats on the placings as well

I gave the team next to me pointers and they ended wiining it.
          We all live and learn :-)
          Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
          Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Thanks everyone!! Pretty much slept all day yesterday. I tied a good one on. Here's the details. This comp cost $40 to enter and they supplied the meat. We had to do at least 3 racks but could do more. I signed up for 8 and the mystery meat. Howell's is my wife's hometown and my BIL's(the one marries to my sister). I asked my sister if she would come in and help me set up. She did and brought the kids. When she saw the team next to me were friends of hers and the teams got dollar beers she decided to stay.

The mystery meat was a bag of chicken quarters and a can of spam. I got the chicken brining the prepped ribs. Half hour after the ribs went on the organizer asked if I could do more they had 10 extra, I took 3. They also had people's choice appetizers. I smoked a tri tip and diced that up and served Asian lettuce wraps. They were a big hit. People that know might sister asked her to get the recipe from me. I thought I had a chance at that but didn't. I served the chicken up and wasn't happy with it. I wasn't prepared for that. It got turned in at same time as the spam. Which I literally just threw on the smoker for 5 minutes with some TD. When it was time to turn ribs in, I was disappointed, they were overcooked. Not dry just fall off the bone and a PITA to slice. My BIL's cousin came over and talked and ate, he loved them said they were perfect. My wife came around the chicken turn. Between me and my sister we downed $40 worth of beer. We ended up at the bar.

This was a lot of fun, I might've hooked my sister. She said she had a blast. The team that won it is friends of my sister. They said it was their inaugural comp and their retirement comp. Which kinda funny cause we got first and third. And while this was a backyard comp it turns out there's a BBQ association that classify themselves as amateurs bit they compete every weekend they made up 2/3 of the smokers.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
              The team that won it is friends of my sister. They said it was their inaugural comp and their retirement comp. Which kinda funny cause we got first and third. And while this was a backyard comp it turns out there's a BBQ association that classify themselves as amateurs bit they compete every weekend they made up 2/3 of the smokers.
              There's lies and then there's damned lies and statistics...
              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Good job with the comp!
                Weber Smoky Joe
                18" Weber Silver
                22.5" Weber Gold
                22.5" Weber Silver
                UDS X 2
                Masterbuilt 30" MES digital
                Masterbuilt MES 40" digital
                Masterbuilt cold smoke attachment
                Char-Broil Big Easy 3 in 1
                Char-Broil COS with Ron Fischer mods.