Southern Oregon KCBS Comp June 26 & 27

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southern Oregon KCBS Comp June 26 & 27

Battle of the Bones 2015 will be held on June 26 and 27 in Central Point, OR, exit 33 on the I-5 Freeway (just over the CA border). The KCBS sanctioned BBQ Competition is part of a larger event with free entry, live music, free kids zone, vendors, craft beer and wine. We hold the event at our beautiful Twin Creeks Park and invite you to join us for 2015!

Entry Fee: $200 before April 30 and $250 on or after May 1.
    Total Prize Money: $10,050 (includes $2000 GC and $1000 RGC)

People's Choice is optional, and is a great way to get money back in your pocket! You can opt to sample out your left over KCBS meat, or cook specifically for large quantities of PC. About 35,000 samples were distributed in 2014. All samples are worth 1 or 2 tickets, tickets pay 75 cents each out to teams. Example: 2oz of chicken = 1 ticket ; 1 rib = 2 tickets.

I invite you to learn more about our competition either by visiting our website, or calling or email me directly.
    http://www.battleofthebones.com/BBQCompetition.html

Thank you for your time and consideration - good luck at all of your upcoming competitions!

Sarah Garceau
    Event Coordinator, Battle of the Bones
    battleofthebones@gmail.com
    (541) 664-3321, ext. 265
    Attached Files

Good luck... Hey Scotty.. think you could step foot in Oregon?

Ray? Rob?
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
      Good luck... Hey Scotty.. think you could step foot in Oregon?

Ray? Rob?
      not a chance
      sigpic

Comment

Interesting "People's Choice". Surprised KCBS is OK with this? Sure be nice to be able to sell some of the 40 er so pounds of meat one does not turn in.
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

I am tempted to go down and check it out. But Esssh southern Oregon in late June is going to be hot hot hot. And Fish can stay in WA we don't need his negative waves.

Comment

Originally posted by gmotoman View Post
            I am tempted to go down and check it out. But Esssh southern Oregon in late June is going to be hot hot hot. And Fish can stay in WA we don't need his negative waves.

You know I'm just kidding Gman, Oregon is a wonderful place
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
              You know I'm just kidding Gman, Oregon is a wonderful place
              Yes yes its all tongue in cheek.

Comment

Originally posted by gmotoman View Post
                Yes yes its all tongue in cheek.
                I hear if you smoke them right they are not bad..
                Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

I thin k I have decided to attend.

Comment

Interesting "People's Choice". Surprised KCBS is OK with this? Sure be nice to be able to sell some of the 40 er so pounds of meat one does not turn in.
                    The People's Choice competition in itself is not "sanctioned" by KCBS, each competitor will turn in their tickets directly to the event finance team for counting. Our prize payouts for People's Choice are low, as the real benefit is getting paid for each sample and bragging rights for teams.

Comment

We agree - if you have the left over meat anyways, you might as well get paid to let hungry people eat it!

Anyone who will be offering samples throughout the competition will get a booth space with lots of foot traffic. Any teams who would like to simply sell any left overs will have a booth away from the public, and can use a designated booth to get samples out to the public. This will keep the public from continually asking a team for samples who will not be cooking 1,000+ lbs of meat!

Due to the event selling the tickets, and small sample sizes, the teams will remain unregulated from the health department and thus don't need to purchase any additional permits.

Comment

We would love to have you out gmotoman, please let me know if you have any questions.

Sarah Garceau
                        Event Coordinator, Battle of the Bones
                        battleofthebones@gmail.com
                        (541) 664-3321, ext. 265

Comment

As of today we are at 19 teams with 6 weeks to go!

Smokin Nations - Florence, OR
                          My Little BBQ - Medford, OR
                          Down Home BBQ - White City, OR
                          Booties BBQ - Washougal, WA
                          DB Barbecue - Eagle Point, OR
                          Rogue Caveman Q - Grants Pass, OR
                          State of Jefferson BBQ - Medford, OR
                          Smokin' Hooch - Medford, OR
                          Movin' The Chains BBQ - Beaverton, OR
                          Sugars BBQ - Portland, OR
                          Smoke and Mirrors - Medford, OR
                          Pa's BBQ - Central Point, OR
                          Fat Dad's Barbeque - Klamath Falls, OR
                          One Fine Swine - Central Point, OR
                          Pepper Pappy BBQ - Coos Bay, OR
                          Grill Billies - Redding, CA
                          BBQ Brown - Medford, OR
                          All Smoked Out BBQ - Central Point, OR
                          4 My 4 Sons BBQ - Medford, OR

Comment

Not quite a state KCBS championship yet... but a respecable turn-out. Hey you folk out there... less than 30 teams by FAR..odds are good for a walk er three... after all Smoked-Meat has yer back

Comment

Working...
                            X