• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good luck guys
    Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
    Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Well... that would have pretty much sucked except for the company. Weather..sucked. Scoring..sucked. Drive home--yeah..sucked.

Got a minor call for a 9 in chicken. Guess we're a bit rusty..and things have changed. IE: Ain't no gimmies in Michigan BBQ comps any more.

Kudos to Rich Parker... with MI's first 700+ -708... dayumm! AND GC... and Big Bro's BBQ, Michigan boys scoring a 180 in chicken. Wow... it's an honor to lose to that

Mechanical trouble with the van on the way back..and rolled the Lang into the ditch pulling into bro's house. Long story. It's fine. Tough bastage.

Probably the end of full on comps for us... It's just too much any more.

But damn it was good seeing all the BBQ buds again. Just wish it wasn't such a crappy Friday.

AND a nod to Notbobvilla for making all turn - ins and not a bad showing for his first comp Yer hooked now guys... keep the fire going :{)
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Sorry aboot the sucky part boys, butt glad you got back together for the adventure! Ya' gave it what you had, and it's tough going back in after being out so long! Bravo!!

Pics?

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Hey ya made some more memories!! That is what is important!! I am sure you will think fondly of the time as time passes!! Nice job!!
          Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
          Yoder YS640
          Weber Genesis
          Weber 18.5" Kettle
          Weber Performer
          Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
            Well... that would have pretty much sucked except for the company. Weather..sucked. Scoring..sucked. Drive home--yeah..sucked.

Got a minor call for a 9 in chicken. Guess we're a bit rusty..and things have changed. IE: Ain't no gimmies in Michigan BBQ comps any more.

Kudos to Rich Parker... with MI's first 700+ -708... dayumm! AND GC... and Big Bro's BBQ, Michigan boys scoring a 180 in chicken. Wow... it's an honor to lose to that

Mechanical trouble with the van on the way back..and rolled the Lang into the ditch pulling into bro's house. Long story. It's fine. Tough bastage.

Probably the end of full on comps for us... It's just too much any more.

But damn it was good seeing all the BBQ buds again. Just wish it wasn't such a crappy Friday.

AND a nod to Notbobvilla for making all turn - ins and not a bad showing for his first comp Yer hooked now guys... keep the fire going :{)
            Thanks for the nod Buddy...We had a hell of a time, it was COLD, it was WET and it was a LONG night but I wouldn't trade the fun for nothing. We scrambled thru the turn ins, it's amazing how fast time flies. I was damn pleased with our showing...a 14th in Chicken and a 17th in pork.....ribs and brisket I ruined...got a 33 in both. 27th overall but the absolute best part was meeting Rich and the crew.....good people. We will be doing more comps next year Rich, so if you ever wanna mentor a team I'll keep the Bourbon cold. Wife is emailing me the pictures and I will post later.
            22" Weber Gold
            26" Weber
            BGE XL
            MES40
            Meadow Creek TS120 with BBQ42 Chicken cooker
            sigpic

Comment

I don't think we've entered a competition this year where it didn't storm. Glad y'all had some good times!

Comment

I had a good time seeing all the old friends and especially my team mates again.
                This old guy can't deal with the cold like he used to, and I gotta say, That was the coldest time I have ever spent cooking BBQ in a comp. I would have never made it if it wasnt for the motel room.

As nasty as the weather was, there was some great Q turned in and a huge crowd there on sat morning and all day long. Proud of Rich Parker. He took Scotties BBQ class the same time as Geoff and I did. He has done allot more with his education and passion than I could ever imagine to accomplish in one lifetime, and I am talking only 5-6 yrs time. The guy is a BBQ machine.

The things that come to mind after the event ( besides I am all done with it ) attention to detail, preparation, and the changing flavor profiles are what is key to be competitive IMO.

My guys are all winners in my book and I love them for allowing me to compete with them one more time and making me feel important and loved. I know I am both ,thanks to them and my huge support family.

Saturday mornings double rainbow over the Dunes was worth the trip itself !

Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

It was a great time.
                  22" Weber Gold
                  26" Weber
                  BGE XL
                  MES40
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by notbobvilla View Post
                    It was a great time.
                    Heh.. always the optimist

That was a helluva rainbow. Brighest I ever seen. Funny how it ended over the Judge's tent..yet I found no gold there...
                    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Hey we were happy for 27th place.
                      22" Weber Gold
                      26" Weber
                      BGE XL
                      MES40
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                        Heh.. always the optimist

That was a helluva rainbow. Brighest I ever seen. Funny how it ended over the Judge's tent..yet I found no gold there...
                        Hehehee! The gold at the judge's tent is made of unobtainium...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by notbobvilla View Post
                          Hey we were happy for 27th place.
                          And you beat us at 29...

Comment

It was great seeing you guys again and meeting Lee. Sorry to hear you're not going to compete anymore but totally understand as it is quite a commitment of both time and cash.

Also wanted to let you know that about 1/2 hour after I left you I saw Big D heading your way, did he find you?

Got the Vortex dirty yesterday with a couple of pork chops with the MH rub. Turned out great but when I reach across the coals I singed the hair off my arm!
                            sigpic

GOSM/propane
                            UDS (Cam)/lump
                            22.5 Weber Kettle/lump
                            Weber Genesis/propane
                            Camp Chef Pro 90/ propane

Comment

I was not gonna mention what place you ended up in...
                              22" Weber Gold
                              26" Weber
                              BGE XL
                              MES40
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X