SV Picanha 2nd attempt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SV Picanha 2nd attempt

Went to Costco the other day and I was mysteriously drawn to the meat department. how that happens? Anyway, I found some Sirloin cap steaks there. After watching them goofy Brazilians on the SV Everything channel, I have been curious on what they think si SO special about it. Anyway, I split the package in half, this one was the more random size pieces.

These were traditionally seasoned with S&P. Onion powder, Garlic powder, and a little lemon & herb seasonings to see just Why its "the Queen of Meats" to the Brazilians. I wish I could get a whole Sirloin cap with the fat cap on like they do it, but that is proving to be much harder than I anticipated.

Ready to go into the water bath.
    [ATTACH]28232[/ATTACH]

Cooked for 4 hours at 132degrees

[ATTACH]28233[/ATTACH]

Took them ou to the big bahanga for a quick char
    [ATTACH]28234[/ATTACH]

Final results. made some air fryer tater tots (best way to cook them) and some Mad Hunky recommended French cut green beans! Made for a great and easy Friday night meal without taking too much time from watching Houston whoop up on the Dodgers!
    [ATTACH]28235[/ATTACH]

This is my 2nd try on these Picanha, Coulet, sirloin cap or whatever other names these steaks may go by. The first one I did was smoked and then SV. This one was really tender, had a strong beefy flavor which I assume is why the Brazilians like it so much. I think I liked the smoked version a little better, but this one was excellent too! As Gouga would say "Its AMAZING". Top it off with the tots & Hunky beans, and we had a tasty Friday night meal that hit the spot.
    Thanks for looking.
    Mike
    Proud to be I.B.E.W.

PCa Sucks - But I WILL, No DID beat this!!

Yoder YS640
    POS ChinaMasterbuilt XL (demoted to cold smoking duty)
    Bull Big Bahanga gas grill

Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most!

Tried to sneak this by me, huh???

Looks Mighty Tasty & Amazing to me!! ---

I'll bet Ninja likes it too.

Nice Job Mike!

Bear
    Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
    Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Thanks John. Good stuff that Picanha.

Might have to get this, HaHa
      Mike
      Proud to be I.B.E.W.

PCa Sucks - But I WILL, No DID beat this!!

Yoder YS640
      POS ChinaMasterbuilt XL (demoted to cold smoking duty)
      Bull Big Bahanga gas grill

Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most!

Comment

oh yeah Cat Daddy... be bad tender...
        Sunset Eagle Aviation
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Working...
        X