Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is awesome, but one thing I dont see. In your drawing you show a smoke channel from the firebox but I don't see it in your actual smoker. How to you incorporate it?

Comment

Originally posted by dieseldog View Post
      This is awesome, but one thing I dont see. In your drawing you show a smoke channel from the firebox but I don't see it in your actual smoker. How to you incorporate it?

Welcome to Smoked-Meat Dieseldog...

If I understand your question, the smoke enters the cooking chamber on each side of the water pan.. The Smoke Channel or Raceway... Then it mix's in the Smoking Chamber.. Out the S.S. Exhaust...

I hope this is the answer you are looking for.. Hopefully BBQ E will be on soon to clear up what I may have F'd up...

Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Originally posted by dieseldog View Post
        Originally posted by BBQ Engineer View Post
        When I built mine I didn't know about the raceway so I just have an open space on the side and thought that the heated air would immediately go to the top and then reverse flow...it works just the same, but I need to keep food away from the edge about an inch or two.
        The answer is in there...you just skipped over it. I didn't know about the raceway when I built my first two...but they work on the same principle. Like I said, I just need to keep food away from the edge about an inch. The hot air immediately rises to the top and then reverses flow across the meat to exit at the SS exit just above the water pan. They work really well.

To incorporate it, just frame out a raceway on the inside of the cabinet and attach the shelf brackets to that...presto instant reverse flow.

Welcome to Smoked-Meat.com. Let me know if there is anything else I can answer for you.
        BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
        Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
        I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Dana,
          Your Mini-Maiden's are so fricking cool that I have to read this thread again and look at all of the pictures everytime it surfaces.

If I didn't on the past ones - to ya for such a damn good job~!

IF I ever build another smoker - it will be using your design.

Did I tell you I think they are FRICKING COOL??

Comment

Any chance you can ship one of those to me here in the Great White North???
            Ron

Weber Smokey Mountain
            GOSM x 2
            Vermont Casting Grill
            Black Thermapen (only color available in these parts)

Comment

Very Nice. This is definitely what I am looking to get built for my next one.
              Glen
              Large Vertical & 3 UDS (Illini drum by Bubba before he went big-time)
              KCBS CBJ
              Blue Thermopen
              Profile:
              http://www.coltecconsulting.com

Comment

I rereading this thread and now I don't see any pictures....is it just me?
                www.nopigleftbehind.com
                -----------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by gooose53 View Post
                  I rereading this thread and now I don't see any pictures....is it just me?
                  Nope, not just you... they be gone!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
                    Nope, not just you... they be gone!
                    Thats why I prefer to host directly on the site. Seems with PB that if photos are inactive for a time they disappear. Could be they were removed though.

Comment

Hope he is Lurking

Hope BE is lurking and will post the pics again.

I wish i would have seen his setup before I build mine. I will probably modify mine when I have a little time.
                      Last edited by nickelmore; 02-02-2011, 01:52 PM.

Comment

is there anyway you could repost the pictures?

Comment

WOW! Great build! Would it be possible to get the cut sheet from you if ya still have it? This is exactly what I'm lookin' to do for my next project.

Thanks.

Comment

Simply magnificent. Wish i had the skills!!!!
                            Stay thirsty my friends!!

Comment

How low a temp can you run this at?
                              I'm looking at building something to smoke bacon and small goods, bloody magnificent build by the way , I love it
                              sigpic

Mary had a little lamb her father shot it dead, now it goes to school with her between two lumps of bread

Comment

Originally posted by dales133 View Post
                                How low a temp can you run this at?
                                I'm looking at building something to smoke bacon and small goods, bloody magnificent build by the way , I love it
                                You can run these at whatever temp you want. I've smoked cheese in mine along with low temp bacon smoke. They Cruz at whatever temp you want asking as its a tight build.
                                Jerod
                                GOT-Q-4-U bbq team
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X