Some Jerky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
    But I still cant get used to the idea of a SnP with a gas option...seems to work real well though...
    Originally posted by ALX View Post
    Like that gas mod too......
    http://www.gassmoker.com/h-burner.htm

It works GREAT!! As a matter of fact, if it weren't for that Afterburner, I probably would have given up smoking back in June of 2008 before I really ever got started. That charcoal fire management can be pretty frustrating when you're first starting out. I understand it a lot better now and am pretty comfortable with it. Plus it's a lot easier with the UDS. But I was turning out some pretty awful tasting stuff "back in the day" and switching to gas helped me over the hump.

Dave
    CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
    UDS 1.0
    Afterburner
    Weber Performer
    Blue Thermapen
    Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
    Thermoworks Chef Alarm
    Auber Smoker Controller
    Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
    -
    "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Originally posted by DDave View Post
      http://www.gassmoker.com/h-burner.htm

It works GREAT!! As a matter of fact, if it weren't for that Afterburner, I probably would have given up smoking back in June of 2008 before I really ever got started. That charcoal fire management can be pretty frustrating when you're first starting out. I understand it a lot better now and am pretty comfortable with it. Plus it's a lot easier with the UDS. But I was turning out some pretty awful tasting stuff "back in the day" and switching to gas helped me over the hump.

Dave
      Glad you hung in man.... I was fortunate to watch/learn smoking from my Dad as a kid...

Friend just down the road has a snp a neighbor thru out...He doesnt use it...I am going to grab it and do your gas mod plus add a hanging cabinet to exhaust end...Should be sweet for cold smoking with that gas mod....

Comment

Originally posted by ALX View Post
        Glad you hung in man....
        I'm glad too. Got a lot of encouragement from some great folk who are members here -- Capt Dan, Richtee, Texas Hunter, Walking Dude, BBQ Bubba, Erain -- and I'm sure many others that I am forgetting.

Capt Dan practically walked me through my first pork shoulder and Richtee's eagle eye prevented my first batch of jerky from becoming "meat crackers".

Good times.

Dave
        CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
        UDS 1.0
        Afterburner
        Weber Performer
        Blue Thermapen
        Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
        Thermoworks Chef Alarm
        Auber Smoker Controller
        Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
        -
        "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Working...
        X