http://biggeekdaddy.com/miscvideos/elkthatgotaway.html
    MES 30'
    Weber Gensis
    UDS build in progress
    Big Chief
    1999 Weber Kettle-Black
    1980's NIB smokey Joe
    IGRILL WHITE

I spent half my money on woman and booze the rest i wasted.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Grill...8512882?ref=hl

Wow...could that be real?

Man them elk are big. Every once in a while some foo up north here will shoot one... for a white-tail. Come ON!
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Good thing that Bull wasn't too rutted up.There could have been a violationThat guys got brass balls
      sigpic

Certified Sausage Head

Comment

That elk needs an olfactory transplant. I can't believe the hunter didn't hear him coming from his left, and alter his setup accordingly before he got that close. About ten years ago, I shot one with a rifle. When I walked up to finish him off, he jumped up and chased me down the mtn for about ten yards, hooking me in the backpack, bellering, grunting and growling. He broke off me, then ran at my son about 30 yds away. Broke off that charge at 4 ft. Then ran over a small ridge, I got another shot off, but was shaking like a pooch passing a peach pit by then. Blood trailed him all day, but never recovered him.
        sigpic

Beef. It's whats for dinner.

Comment

They are huge beasts!...... About 25 years ago, I was up in Salmonclubbers neighborhood (Forks, WA) on the Hoh river looking for a boat launch on some old map.... It was about dark & about 4am & we were parked with the headlights off in the truck & the dome light on, looking at the map trying to figure out where we were at & were going for about 10-15 minutes.... A herd of about 40 or so came through the area we were parked. We turned off the dome light & observed them in the moonlight for about 10 minutes just wandering around the truck & boat.... It was really cool & kinda scary at the same time.... They are BIG!
          sigpic

Comment

I saw that clip a while back in and email. I would be crapping my pants. There is also a clip of a guy shooting an elk at just a few yards and the Elk lunges right at the hunter and almost takes him out but the guy move just in time and doesn't get a scratch. Those are some big animals that could sure do some damage to a human.
            Propane Smoke Shack
            UDS
            Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain
            sigpic

Comment

That dudes heart had to be beating out of his chest. Shot missed....underwear changed.
              Keith

Comment

Originally posted by Kingudaroad View Post
                That dudes heart had to be beating out of his chest. Shot missed....underwear changed.
                Lol that's funny. Did he actually take a shot though? I tried watching it real closely and I never saw anything that looked like the rifle actually fired. It looked to me like he suddenly realized it was breathing down his neck and jerked up in surprise which startled the elk.
                sigpicTrying to fit.....in the misfits....

Comment

Originally posted by Time2Eat View Post
                  Lol that's funny. Did he actually take a shot though? I tried watching it real closely and I never saw anything that looked like the rifle actually fired. It looked to me like he suddenly realized it was breathing down his neck and jerked up in surprise which startled the elk.

Looks like a bow. Right at the end he tries to draw as the elk is bolting. No way he can make that shot.
                  Keith

Comment

It could have been staged as well. We have a private elk herds about 3 miles from the house.

He He..... I know the guy that runs the place and he sells the antlers once a year and milk sperm regularly for resale (yes manually).

This may be why he's cumming in so close.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingudaroad View Post
                      Looks like a bow. Right at the end he tries to draw as the elk is bolting. No way he can make that shot.
                      now if he woulda had a cow call prolly woulda stopped him in his tracks for a second or two after he bolted. something about them cow calls and they can freeze up an elks brain for a little bit and maybe enable a shot... i had a herd at about 20 yards or less and that was impressive, can only imagine what that guy was thinking... awesome!
                      Charbroil SFB
                      GOSM
                      MES
                      Dutch Ovens and other CI
                      Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
                      Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by erain View Post
                        now if he woulda had a cow call prolly woulda stopped him in his tracks for a second or two after he bolted. something about them cow calls and they can freeze up an elks brain for a little bit and maybe enable a shot... i had a herd at about 20 yards or less and that was impressive, can only imagine what that guy was thinking... awesome!
                        Now that would have made a hell of an ending to that clip! A bow huh? Duh. no wonder I never saw a muzzle flash.
                        sigpicTrying to fit.....in the misfits....

Comment

Working...
                        X