A-Maz-N-Tube-Smoker (AMZNTS)
    Frogmats
    Maverick ET 732
    Super Fast Purple Thermopen

Deano

"May the thin blue smoke be with you"

sigpic

Comment

I am retired USAF, I have only been smoking meat and BBQ'ing since the late 50's. I enjoyed hunting and fishing and had to keep my meat preserved for later eating. I enjoy Amateur radio, reloading and Cowboy Action Shooting. Got into chuckwagon cooking while living in Ok and NM.

Comment

Welcome to the island wa5ghr...
        Craig
        sigpic

Comment

Welcome from Oregon Wine Country Glad to have you on board.
          Smokem if you got em

Yoder YS640
          Weber EP-310 Gasser Grill
          A-Maz-N-Pellet-Smoker (AMZNPS)
          A-Maz-N-Tube-Smoker (AMZNTS)
          Frogmats
          Maverick ET 732
          Super Fast Purple Thermopen

Deano

"May the thin blue smoke be with you"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wa5ghr View Post
            Got into chuckwagon cooking while living in Ok and NM.
            from Kentucky! I got lots of Dutch ovens and other cast iron...would love to have a chuck-wagon!
            Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
            Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
            1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
            Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
            Weber Smokey Joe
            Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
            Pink Thermapen
            Purple Thermapen

Comment

from Utah
              Masterbuilt Stainless Steel 40"
              Weber 22.5" WSM
              Weber Performer W/rotisserie X2
              Weber 22.5" Kettle Silver
              Weber 22.5" Kettle Gold
              Weber 1990 22.5" 3 Wheeler
              Weber 18.5" Kettle
              Weber 18.5" Bud Light Kettle
              Weber Smokey Joe
              GMG Daniel Boone
              Pit Barrel Cooker
              Maverick ET 73 and ET 732
              6X8 A Maze N Smoker and Tube Smoker
              Fastest Themapen on the market BLACK
              The Vortex

Comment

Howdy! New to the site, checking it out! I am in scenic New Mexico

Comment

Originally posted by scott.stone.77 View Post
                  Howdy! New to the site, checking it out! I am in scenic New Mexico
                  . Where bouts in NM? Spent many MANY weekends there, mostly the Gila area. Glad to have ya on board.
                  https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

Welcome from Cali

Comment

Greetings from Southern California 🍻

Comment

from Kansas A
                        Craig
                        sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the invite! I am new to the world of "hard-core" smoking. Always did it in my grill. Just bought a Dyna-glo box. hickory smoked a chicken last night. Good a little too smokey. Probably used too much wood and smoked too long. Maintained a temp. of around 180-220 degrees. Looking for any help I can get. Anyone recommend any recipe books for this kind of smoking?

Comment

Originally posted by kclc16 View Post
                            Thanks for the invite! I am new to the world of "hard-core" smoking. Always did it in my grill. Just bought a Dyna-glo box. hickory smoked a chicken last night. Good a little too smokey. Probably used too much wood and smoked too long. Maintained a temp. of around 180-220 degrees. Looking for any help I can get. Anyone recommend any recipe books for this kind of smoking?
                            Which Dyna glo box did you get?

Comment

Originally posted by kclc16 View Post
                              You don't need a book...you have the best smoking resource right here...with the vast array of talent of the member base here, we either own it, know someone that has, can figure it out, have smoked it before, or can point you to the right information. Ask us...we'll let you know.

As for your chicken, the temps should be higher...birds like it hot. This would cut down the time spent in the smoker too, as it would have been done quicker and not exposed to so much smoke. Also, it depends on the type of smoke you subjected it to...a little goes a long way. It doesn't have to be rolling smoke...keep it thin, keep it blue, and in some instances you won't even see it at all. If you are near your smoker and can smell smoke, your food inside can as well. One of the biggest mistakes of people starting out is to over smoke the food (and I was no different when I started). Last, different woods produce different smoke. Hickory is a great wood, but can be strong too...especially on delicate meats like chicken.

again and ask as many questions as you want. We will be more than happy to help.
                              BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
                              Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
                              I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Originally posted by BBQ Engineer View Post
                                You don't need a book...you have the best smoking resource right here...with the vast array of talent of the member base here, we either own it, know someone that has, can figure it out, have smoked it before, or can point you to the right information. Ask us...we'll let you know.

As for your chicken, the temps should be higher...birds like it hot. This would cut down the time spent in the smoker too, as it would have been done quicker and not exposed to so much smoke. Also, it depends on the type of smoke you subjected it to...a little goes a long way. It doesn't have to be rolling smoke...keep it thin, keep it blue, and in some instances you won't even see it at all. If you are near your smoker and can smell smoke, your food inside can as well. One of the biggest mistakes of people starting out is to over smoke the food (and I was no different when I started). Last, different woods produce different smoke. Hickory is a great wood, but can be strong too...especially on delicate meats like chicken.

again and ask as many questions as you want. We will be more than happy to help.
                                what he said,,, precisely...

find the section for what smokin outfit you have and read some
                                then maybe start a thread for questions...

find the section on what meat or food you wanna smoke next and read some or start a thread...

these folks here will help o plenty I assure you...
                                ~All that is gold does not glitter ~ Not all those that wander are lost~
                                ~20" Yoder "Swiss Army Knife" Stick Burner~

Comment

Working...
                                X