Just need some reassurance.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just need some reassurance.

I am currently marinating some chicken thighs in some jerk sauce I made. If I heat the leftover sauce to boiling and use that to cook my rice there shouldn't be any bacteria problem from the raw chicken? I know people have done it, but I haven't and I am kind of paranoid when it come to food poisoning my guests.

Originally posted by gmotoman View Post
    I am currently marinating some chicken thighs in some jerk sauce I made. If I heat the leftover sauce to boiling and use that to cook my rice there shouldn't be any bacteria problem from the raw chicken? I know people have done it, but I haven't and I am kind of paranoid when it come to food poisoning my guests.
    As long as it was marinated under refrigeration, then heated to 165*, you should be ok.....
    Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

yeah, no sweat I use marinades to make sauces all the time.

You'll probably need to add some extra liquid and simmer to reduce anyway. As long as it's brought to the boil - it's good to go

looks up - oh yeah fine to cook rice with - not that I would know. But as long as it's brought to the boil all bacteria will be dead :-)
      Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
      Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by IrishChef View Post
        As long as it was marinated under refrigeration, then heated to 165*, you should be ok.....
        what he said............
        sigpic
        it's all good my friend..........

Comment

Thanks dudes!

Comment

as long as it was fridged!! Remember, cooking kills the bacteria but does not remove toxins already produced by said bacteria.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishChef View Post
              Originally posted by chefrob View Post
              what he said............
              Yup, spot on.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Working...
              X