No announcement yet.

It's fresh corn season need cooking time help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah we all got lives...We all cook shit that aint special...We all do big humongous cooks from time to time...Yeah we have seen it all before...

If we dont post our cooks from time to time......What the HELL do we have to come here for...And why on earth would a prospective member, just checkin us out for the first time, ever want to join in on our little forum...Seriously...You asked a question and you got some answers...Aint that what we are supposed to do?

I say "POST YER COOKS" no matter how mundane or repetitive they may seem...And answer all questions no matter how elementary they may seem...If we dont this place will soon IMPLODE with inactivity...

And whenever possible... I grill my corn...
    Craig
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
      Yeah we all got lives...We all cook shit that aint special...We all do big humongous cooks from time to time...Yeah we have seen it all before...

If we dont post our cooks from time to time......What the HELL do we have to come here for...And why on earth would a prospective member, just checkin us out for the first time, ever want to join in on our little forum...Seriously...You asked a question and you got some answers...Aint that what we are supposed to do?

I say "POST YER COOKS" no matter how mundane or repetitive they may seem...And answer all questions no matter how elementary they may seem...If we dont this place will soon IMPLODE with inactivity...

And whenever possible... I grill my corn...
      Amen buddy, i do what I can with my corn, life ect.

Post count and activity of forums hit any Google search. Gotta keep it going.

Life matters first, the post count second. Me posting a 7 butt cook done many times is nothing special here. Just 7 Butts using MHGPR and all the neighbors love it. Then I sleep.....

And reading posts from beginning to end before posting matters.

I have my life, I have this forum. Which comes first?

Comment

Originally posted by Conumdrum View Post
        Amen buddy, i do what I can with my corn, life ect.

Post count and activity of forums hit any Google search. Gotta keep it going.

Life matters first, the post count second. Me posting a 7 butt cook done many times is nothing special here. Just 7 Butts using MHGPR and all the neighbors love it. Then I sleep.....

And reading posts from beginning to end before posting matters.

I have my life, I have this forum. Which comes first?
        No disagreement here bud...
        I have a life that has nothing to do with BBQ...

But...
        When I first joined a BBQ forum it was to learn how to cook brisket and ribs that didnt suck...And thank God (and I mean that) there were folks willing to show me the way...Things that they had seen a thousand times perhaps but still they were willing to walk me through it all...Thats what we must do...
        The next time you do seven butts or seventeen chickens or the next time you throw three pork chops on the grill...We wanna see it...Really...Thats why we are here...It helps folks that are just getting their feet wet...Paying it forward
        Craig
        sigpic

Comment

lmao - sorry but conumdrum, chill out dude :-)

You asked how long to cook corn - mark gave his answer.
          As did everybody else.
          They were all different.

He thinks you're over cooking it, lol not compared to me you're not- In the smoker I usually part peel, remove the silk and put the husk back and smoke that sucker for about 40 minutes !

This is english corn, it's half the size of yours (lack of sunshine) and hard as bullets.
          Think I boil it for 10-12 minutes, but takes way longer in the bbq.
          Haven't tried grilling it yet - have to do that this year.

Our native corn season is around september/october time

never tried microwaving it - but can see how that would work really well
          Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
          Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Working...
          X