Fantasy Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cliffcarter View Post
    Live draft is a possibility and I am open to it if we can get agreement amongst all the players, that includes anyone that can't make the live draft.
    Usually the biggest hurdle to a live draft is finding a time that can work for everyone.
    Anyone else want to weigh in on this question?
    I think that would be tough with folks on the East Coast and Folks on the West Coast. Not opposed, but think it would be difficult.
    Mark
    sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
    Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
      I think that would be tough with folks on the East Coast and Folks on the West Coast. Not opposed, but think it would be difficult.
      The 3 hour time difference would be a factor. I know we have one player in the mountain time zone, a 2 hour difference. The last time I was in a live draft in a private league I was the only player in the east, they ended up setting the draft time 2 hours earlier so I could attend. Holding the draft on Labor Day might be a possibility.

Comment

Live draft tough for me in the fall... Thursday nights are best.. like 8 pm est..... Probably auto draft for me...
        Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
        Yoder YS640
        Weber Genesis
        Weber 18.5" Kettle
        Weber Performer
        Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

The 3 hour time difference would be a factor. I know we have one player in the mountain time zone, a 2 hour difference. The last time I was in a live draft in a private league I was the only player in the east, they ended up setting the draft time 2 hours earlier so I could attend. Holding the draft on Labor Day might be a possibility.
          I work on Labor Day usually, just like any other Monday. No tellin how late. Would be fun, I just have to get to bed 8:30 or 9.
          Last edited by Mark R; 08-15-2015, 04:06 PM.
          Mark
          sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
          Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

I'd vote for the commish to just choose a time he feeps is the best and if you can make it great, if not it'll just auto draft for you like the original plan. I have the app on my phone and will make it work no matter what time is chosen
            Yoder YS480
            Maverick 732
            Tappecue
            Thermapen

Comment

I also have the phone app. So anytime after 5 mtn time works great

Comment

Doing the draft would be fun but I can't commit to a time. I don't mind doing auto draft while others do live draft, if that's how it works out.
                Good One Heritage Oven
                Weber Performer Deluxe

sigpic

Comment

Tom has created a poll on the league page to see how many want a live draft. I have sent everyone a link to it in a PM.
                  Last edited by cliffcarter; 08-16-2015, 08:51 PM.

Comment

I'm curious as to why you are limiting the league to 10 players? My wife and son wanted to play so I set up a family league on Yahoo. There is a setting allowing as many as 16 teams in a head to head league. Never been a commissioner and the last 2 years are my first playing. Not being critical just wondering.

Comment

I cant speak for the commish of this league, but i run a few other leagues and 10 is great, 12 is the maximum I would ever do. There isn't enough talent in the league to fill 16 teams and have a decent bench.
                      Yoder YS480
                      Maverick 732
                      Tappecue
                      Thermapen

Comment

Limit for our league is 10 because that is the final # of players we had last year, in the first year we had 8. And , as bigmikey states, once you get over 10 teams quality players( or consistent performers) are hard to come by.
                        I have played in a number of 14 and 16 team leagues and it can be challenging to field a team if you have more than 1 player on a bye.

Comment

Limit for our league is 10 because that is the final # of players we had last year, in the first year we had 8. And , as bigmikey states, once you get over 10 teams quality players( or consistent performers) are hard to come by.
                          I have played in a number of 14 and 16 team leagues and it can be challenging to field a team if you have more than 1 player on a bye.
                          Thanks. I figured that had something to do with it. My Family league is up to 12 so I might find out first hand about lack of quality players. Should be interesting from a waiver wire perspective mid season.

My wife is playing and we have a bunch of first timers. She was setting up her draft list and got mad when she couldn't find Luke Kuechly on the player list.

Comment

Originally posted by wsyrob View Post
                            Thanks. I figured that had something to do with it. My Family league is up to 12 so I might find out first hand about lack of quality players. Should be interesting from a waiver wire perspective mid season.

My wife is playing and we have a bunch of first timers. She was setting up her draft list and got mad when she couldn't find Luke Kuechly on the player list.
                            You can add defensive players in Yahoo, go to the Commissioner tab and click on Edit Roster Positions.

Comment

Great season folks!!

Congrats to Cliff for the Playoff Championship!!

Tom coming in Second

and I lead all season and crap out at the end for third...

Had fun, looking forward to another season next year!!

very nice!
                              Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
                              Yoder YS640
                              Weber Genesis
                              Weber 18.5" Kettle
                              Weber Performer
                              Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Congrats, Cliff! Had loads of fun this year! I ended up 5th, not bad for the guy with the worst draft.
                                Good One Heritage Oven
                                Weber Performer Deluxe

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X