Well.. be danged...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
    First of all, it's a friggin' football game. Why all the trash at half thyme?
    Ratings.

If it was just football with regular commercials and a few talking heads blathering at half time, there wouldn't be 115 million people watching it.

Dave
    CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
    UDS 1.0
    Afterburner
    Weber Performer
    Blue Thermapen
    Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
    Thermoworks Chef Alarm
    Auber Smoker Controller
    Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
    -
    "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Originally posted by DDave View Post
      Ratings.

If it was just football with regular commercials and a few talking heads blathering at half time, there wouldn't be 115 million people watching it.

Dave
      Yeah, I guess so, butt it ruins the friggin' game! This year the commercials and the "show" were so lame, I walked away and fell to the claws of my computer. And Food Network.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Yeah, I guess so, butt it ruins the friggin' game! This year the commercials and the "show" were so lame, I walked away and fell to the claws of my computer. And Food Network.
        Agreed, But I'm betting half of the viewers don't even know which teams are playing until the pregame show starts.

Dave
        UDS 1.0
        Afterburner
        Weber Performer
        Blue Thermapen
        Thermoworks Chef Alarm
        Auber Smoker Controller
        -

Comment

Originally posted by DDave View Post
          Agreed, But I'm betting half of the viewers don't even know which teams are playing until the pregame show starts.

Dave
          Yup. True dat. Well, all be told, I was happy that "old guy" Peyton Manning walked away with it. And the cheerleaders were stunning... just sayin'...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Well, all be told, I was happy that "old guy" Peyton Manning walked away with it. And the cheerleaders were stunning... just sayin'...
            Yep.

Sometimes all you can hope for is that the game doesn't turn into a total blowout. Anything beyond that is icing on the cake it seems.

Dave
            UDS 1.0
            Afterburner
            Weber Performer
            Blue Thermapen
            Thermoworks Chef Alarm
            Auber Smoker Controller
            -

Comment

Kinda surprized at Denver's defense last two games! Glad to see Payton go out that way (hope he goes still alive).
              Lady Gaga, nicely done! Girl has pipes .....without being wrapped in bacon!
              Half time.........suckedddd!
              First time I've ever seen a boring Bud commercial. Really, A wealthy Limey Socialite lecturing us on drunk driving??? What the Clydesdales all die or something?
              Mark
              sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
              Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
                Kinda surprized at Denver's defense last two games! Glad to see Payton go out that way (hope he goes still alive).
                First time I've ever seen a boring Bud commercial. Really, A wealthy Limey Socialite lecturing us on drunk driving??? What the Clydesdales all die or something?
                Lady Gaga does have pipes, and she's very attractive. Yeah, she gets oot there with some of her outfits and stage appearances, butt she's really talented. Plus, she's a friend of Tony Bennett, whom I have always loved. That man has still got it! Evidently, they both got together for a tour a year or two back... missed it.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Lady Gaga, nicely done! Girl has pipes .....
                  I knew she could sing...When she was announced, Mrs. Engineer looked at me and said..."God I hope she doesn't F this up and do something disrespectful". She didn't. In fact, after it was over, Mrs. Engineer said "She gave me goose bumps!' We both have a new respect for her because it came across like she wasn't just singing the song and going through the motions, she FELT the song, and that came across.
                  BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
                  Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
                  I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

I watched the Puppy Bowl...

We never watch the Halftime crap!!

I did DVR both the Puppy Bowl and the Kitten Bowl. So far we watched about half of the Kitty Bowl, and none of the Puppy bowl just yet. We will though.

I gotta say "Howard's wife is HOT !!!", and I understand she had a lot to do with these two bowls & helping pets get adopted.

Bear
                    Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                    Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Originally posted by BBQ Engineer View Post
                      I knew she could sing...When she was announced, Mrs. Engineer looked at me and said..."God I hope she doesn't F this up and do something disrespectful". She didn't. In fact, after it was over, Mrs. Engineer said "She gave me goose bumps!' We both have a new respect for her because it came across like she wasn't just singing the song and going through the motions, she FELT the song, and that came across.
                      Funny thing, before she became "Lady Gaga", she was a jazz singer but couldn't get anywhere. So she wrapped herself in meat, became outrageous and became successful. I guess that is what you have to do somehow to "make it" in the "bizz" these days.
                      Mark
                      sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                      Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Was a great game from my vantage point

As for half time, pure garbage. I can't imagine how much money was probably paid out for that and for what?
                        Pete
                        Large BGE
                        Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

Funny thing, before she became "Lady Gaga", she was a jazz singer but couldn't get anywhere. So she wrapped herself in meat, became outrageous and became successful. I guess that is what you have to do somehow to "make it" in the "bizz" these days.

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
                          Paul

Comment

Lady Gaga nailed it...very nice job...........yea missed the Clydesdales
                            sigpic
                            GMG Daniel Boone
                            UDS
                            Weber 22.5" Kettle (blk)
                            Vision Kamado grill
                            Weber Genesis Silver
                            Smokin Tex
                            MES 40 with legs Gen 2.5
                            Maverick ET 732
                            Brown and lime green ThermaPens
                            2 orange ThermoPops
                            A-Maze-N Tube 18"
                            A-Maze-N Smoker 5"x8"
                            Vortex

Comment

Being a Denver fan since 1982, I loved the game. Gaga has a voice and stayed pretty much traditional, good job. Loved the Prius and the baby commercial.

Otherwise, I was so silly drunk with celebrations shots by the end of the game I don't remember anything else. Someone said I made them take this pic right at the end of the game.....

IMG_0706.jpg

Comment

You party animal you...

You really must've been drunk hangin' on the wall like that...

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
                                Paul

Comment

Working...
                                X