It's fresh corn season need cooking time help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's fresh corn season need cooking time help

Soo, going to reheat some babybacks in the oven due to the vacupack bag not sealing well. Also they gots' fresh Cali corn here in Vegas.

I'm going to reheat the ribs in the oven + the corn. Going to microwave two corns for 6 min in the husks and then to the oven with the ribs at 225.

For a finish time of 5:15 PM when should the corn go in then the ribs? Ribs are in foil with a bit of apple juice.

I'm excited, I love fresh corn. It's not Jersey or Iowa corn, but it's not that frozen nasty stuff.

Did you know that 'Fishawn' means drunken corn face down in the pasture in Finnish?

Or was that eating corn drunk in the pasture? I forget. Time for another shot of Sailor Jerry.... Cheap good rum, try it!

However you cook it..MHGP is excellent on corn :{)
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

No cheese dripped on purpose on the corn? With a sprinkle of MHGPR?

What about the Pizza Shake? I love that stuff on "Jeopardy and micro popcorn" 4 days a week. Haven't seen it mentioned lately. It really wakes up a Digorno pizza with a bit more cheese than comes on it. Great stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Conumdrum View Post
        Did you know that 'Fishawn' means drunken corn face down in the pasture in Finnish?

Or was that eating corn drunk in the pasture? I forget. Time for another shot of Sailor Jerry.... Cheap good rum, try it!
        LOL

Bear

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
        However you cook it..MHGP is excellent on corn :{)
        I never even thought of that, but I got it now!!

Bear
        Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
        Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Okay, how long for the corn? Come on folks! It's the firepit. I need to cook dinner.....

Comment

Well..it’s not like you gotta hit 165. Ya like it firm... prolly 15 mins. Proceed from there. When I boil it (With a palmful of MHGP) I get the water rolling, toss in the corn, bring back the boil and turn off the heat- let it sit for 20.
            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Well corn in the oven husk on. Microed 8 min so kinda cooked. Ribs in foil and apple juice in 10 min, let it go 30 min. We'll see.

Comment

I am a boil for 5 minutes and pull it out... I hate mushy corn....
                Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
                Yoder YS640
                Weber Genesis
                Weber 18.5" Kettle
                Weber Performer
                Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Conumdrum View Post
                  Soo, going to reheat some babybacks in the oven due to the vacupack bag not sealing well. Also they gots' fresh Cali corn here in Vegas.

I'm going to reheat the ribs in the oven + the corn. Going to microwave two corns for 6 min in the husks and then to the oven with the ribs at 225.

For a finish time of 5:15 PM when should the corn go in then the ribs? Ribs are in foil with a bit of apple juice.

I'm excited, I love fresh corn. It's not Jersey or Iowa corn, but it's not that frozen nasty stuff.

I knew that!

I'm a microwave corn guy. Husked corn, wrap in plastic wrap, 3 minutes. Butter and season to taste. Easy and fast. Just me. WA corn is pretty tasty, butt I'd take fresh corn on da Cobb from anywhere aboot now
                  If ya wanna finish on the grill, go 2 minutes, then over the heat for some color
                  sigpic

Comment

Boiled (never salted - sometimes sugar!) uncovered 5 - 8 mins, drain and cover till you are ready to eat. Drench in butter and salt. Go for it!
                    Weber 22.5
                    Lil Chief
                    1950's Crosley Shelvadore
                    Bradley Smoker
                    Maverick ET732
                    Nesco Dehydrator
                    Thermapen "Blue Bayou"

Comment

Turned out fine. About 1 hr at 250 for the corn after 8 min in the nuker (4 unhusked corns. Ribs got 45 min in foil.

Comment

OK..so you don’t like firm corn. That’s cool too. Prolly needed the time being early cobs anyway. Damn I’d love an ear right now. I wait for local stuff tho.

Comment

Still had bite, wasn't soft at all. And yea, I'd say it was early corn. Now I wait for fresh 'maters.

Comment

think old Cat Daddy...Walking Dude...(Cheers Steve)...ain't with us "C" got him...had a good fresh corn gig in the husk...was good!
                            Sunset Eagle Aviation
                            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Note on Plastic Wrap on corn or other things going in the Microwave.
                              We use Paper Towels:

The issue of greatest concern, however, is whether plastic wrap will leach chemicals into foods when it is used to cover dishes being heated in microwave ovens. It is possible for DEHA to get into foods, particularly fatty foods such as meats and cheeses. For this reason, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) advises against using in the microwave any plastic wrap that is not labeled "microwave safe." To earn this designation, a wrap must pass tests that satisfy the agency. (The same goes for plastic containers that come into contact with food.)

Bear
                              Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                              Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Working...
                              X