Ground Beef Jerky and Skinless Snak Stix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ground Beef Jerky and Skinless Snak Stix

I finally got a chance to use the "All Around Jerky Maker". This is made by Elk Mountain Products, makers of the Dakota Sausage Stuffer.
    It's a device used to transform a grinder or vertical stuffer into a ground meat jerky extruder or "jerky shooter" as it were. I have been wanting to try some ground meat jerky because my teeth just can't take whole muscle jerky anymore. Turns out this is just the ticket.

First I coarse ground some of my almost fat free longhorn round roasts into burger. And the new grinder works great. Better than expected.

Mixed in some cure and my teriyaki sauce, left it over night, then reground through a medium plate the next day.

Here we are extruding the meat into strips of jerky.

Here are the skinless snack sticks being extruded. This is just a basic Slim Jim clone. I only did 1 lb of this and 2 lbs of the jerky as this was just a trial run to see how it all works.

It's hard to see through the racks but the jerky strips are on the bottom and middle racks. Then it's off to the smoker. Apple is the flavor of the day.

Here it is cut up and ready to be vac packed. My brother is having a New Years Day blow out, so I'll take it over there.

I would call this a definite success. This jerky is easier to eat and tastes great. The jerky extruder does a great job too. A full product review will be posted soon.
    Thanks for eying my jerky and skinless snack sticks.

Tom

Wow that looks like it works great Tom!
    I had a real problem with the jerkey shooter that came with the dehydrator.. no where near as perfect as that, and skinless snack stix.. are you kidding that is off the hook my friend!!! Very AWESOME!!!!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Looks Great Tom and that's a cool attachment. Looking forward to the review.
      sigpic

Comment

I have made ground meat jerky before but the snack sticks...I like it...Ill have to try that one.
        Craig
        sigpic

Comment

to ya Gunner. You sure make it look easy Bud...
          ---------------------------------------------------
          I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
          ---------------------------------------------------
          KCBS CBJ

Comment

Real nice! Ya got me thinkin now!....hmmm.....
            Sunset Eagle Aviation
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Great looking strips and sticks. I've made ground meat jerky for a lot of years. I don't have a fancy stuffer or former, just a jerky cannon. I'll have to try the teriyaki.
              sigpic
              Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Thanks for checking it out. Looks great. I've been making the slim jim type for about 10 years. That would be a lot faster than the jerky cannon. Do you have a link to where you got yours?
                S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
                CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
                New Braunfels Bandera
                UniFlame Gas Grill
                Lil Chief

Comment

I'll be...looks like it works great! Wonder if it'll fit the old Enterprise... Could you get me a close-up of the attaching hardware- and a shot of your stuffer spout?

On edit: OK- I checked it out online- I see you use your existing collar to hold the adaptor plate in place. Should work just fine! Might just order one for "commercial" jerky/stix production. Thanks, will wait on review post tho.
                  Last edited by Richtee; 12-29-2009, 07:21 AM.
                  In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                  Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                  Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Right on Tom! Great looking jerky 'n snack stix bud. I have been eying a similar contraption , for my grinder/stuffer.
                    Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
                    Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

I have seen them in the lem catalog, comes with the paper roll. they do look nice.

Comment

I am gonna just get the shooter out real soon and make 1 lb. of non cured sticks for my grandkids. I plan to freeze them on a sheet pan and then just bag em up and freeze. That way I can just take out a piece or two at a time.

Comment

Great looking toys Gunny looks like that would be a lot easier then that stupid jerky cannon and a lot quicker thanks for posting

Happyness is a full smoker

Comment

Fantastic looking snacks! How much teryaki are you adding? I've been wanting to try some in my jerky or stix, but I'm afraid it would be easy to overdue. I got a jerky cannon from Cabelas last Christmas that I haven't even used yet, now I'm worried it's not a decent piece of gear after what I'm hearing here.
                            sigpic

Beef. It's whats for dinner.

Comment

Interesting contraption there.

Snack sticks and jerky look great!

Dave
                              CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
                              UDS 1.0
                              Afterburner
                              Weber Performer
                              Blue Thermapen
                              Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
                              Thermoworks Chef Alarm
                              Auber Smoker Controller
                              Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
                              -
                              "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Working...
                              X